Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dr. Gates Breaks Cover

484,761 Views | 1627 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by roygbell
TheTrueAggie12thMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nope not even for a minute unless I see it with my own eyes and hear it from him in person!! Tell us during a speach!
Tabasco
AG
Screech posts on hornfans.

Jock 07
AG
Dr. Gates, Sir,
It will be a pleasure serving under your command for a couple of years, I just wish you could come back and hand me my diploma.
Thanks and Gig Em
jefe95
AG
Thanks for all you have done for A&M and good luck on the Hill!!

Gig 'Em!!

BosAG06
AG
quote:
Hey...I'm Dennis Franchione!

Not NOW DENNIS! We are on with the Sec. of Defense. Thanks for the t.u win, but this is important!!!
cmag
Torbush!

Thanks Dr. Gates.

Good luck with the Country.
tcfitz3
AG
Thanks, Bob, for all you have done to inspire and lead our great university to new heights. You have shown how good leadership, candor, and dedication can move large institutions into the future.

We are all praying for your success in your new job, and we are blessed to have had you become one of us. Your farewell note was vintage Gates - short, excellent, and dead-on. Gig 'em!

And please come back whenever you can. Doesn't the DOD have a lot of installations in the San Diego area?? Wouldn't a surprise inspection after Christmas be in order?
aglaohfour
AG
Dr. Gates,

Thanks so much for your service to our beloved University, and thank you even more for your service to our Country. I'll always cherish the fact that I had the opportunity to meet you and experience first hand the positive effect you had on campus. I'm sad for the future Aggie generations that will miss your leadership, but I'm so grateful for your willingness to serve where you're needed most. Good luck, and God Bless!
aggieheather02
good bull...congrats dr. gates!!
drewbie
07ag
AG
Thanks and Gig'em Dr. Gates

Is there any chance you could drop by next May and hand out some diplomas, or at least sign them in advance? The class of 2007 would definitely appreciate it.
justwin
AG
God Bless You sir. You made me proud every day when you were in College Station, and I am sure you will continue to do so in DC!
luckyAg02

Thank you Dr. Gates for your service, honesty, and hard work while you were here in Aggieland. You've most definately made this place better for your being here.

Congratulations on your nomination, and good luck. We'll be praying for you, and you're always welcomed back.
WestTxAg06
AG
Wow is all I can say about this thread. Looking back in the archives, I can see that I posted several times on the same threads with Dr. Gates, and as cheesy as it sounds, that's quite an honor.

I don't think words can adequately express my respect, admiration, and thanks for Dr. Gates. When SBP Jim Carlson asked me to give the invocation for the College of Agriculture's graduation this past May, it was a great honor. When I was sitting on the stage and Dr. Gates introduced me to the crowd, that moment was one of the most intimidating moments of my life, yet undoubtedly one of the greatest honors I have received in my 22 short years. A short time later that evening, when he handed me my diploma and then said "we sure appreciate you taking care of the prayer for us", that was just icing on the cake.

Thank you, Gig 'em, give 'em hell, and Godspeed, Dr. Gates.

James M. Decker '06
Disassociated
Give em hell

[This message has been edited by Scot (edited 12/7/2006 10:31p).]
BosAG06
AG
^
^
|
|
Aren't we trying to stabilize the country so we can get out?
compartecipe
I'm surprised prude STAFF didn't ban him for saying "blowhards."
McInnis 03
AG
TheTrue12thManAggie, you have no clue. If you paid for a subscription, you could search back through his posts.

Just wait till Ranger divulges your mothers fathers mothers maiden name on here.
redd38
AG
Bye Dr. Gates..... see ya tomorrow
wreckncrew
AG
Dr. Gates,

Thanks for these great years and leading our university to a higher level. I will keep you in my prayers as you take on a great task. Now, I can also show everyone that the Secretary of Defense has signed my diploma. God Speed, sir.

Sincerely,
wreckncrew Fighting Texas Aggie Class of '02
Tex117
AG
Well, either this is the greatest coup in TexAgs history, or the biggest honor TexAgs has ever received. Either way this is the greatest post on TexAgs.

Just to cover all by basis:

Dr. Gates you truely are an inspiration to Ags and Non-Ags alike. Though the University will miss your leadership and charisma, we all understand that your loyalty and duty to your country is the top priority. I will consider it an honor to have been at school at Texas A&M while you were president. If I end up half the man you are I will consider myself extremely successful. Best of luck to you and your family. My deepest gratitude
powerbiscuit
Best of luck Dr. Gates. I have no doubt that you will serve the country as well as you have served the university.
Scotch
AG
Gig'em Dr. Gates!

Just so you know though, people may have discounted your posts because of your "rookie" status but you always made great posts. Sure some used humor, but I think you are allowed that.

Also, I wish there was a freshman convocation when I went to A&M. I did not fully take advantage of my time at A&M and the advise given during that program surely helped those in similar situations.
BohunkAg
AG
The fact that now I know Dr. Gates wrote this make me like him even more. He IS a tough SOB! Good luck back in Washington!

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=703788&page=4&forum_id=5

quote:
There is only one person standing between keeping this game on campus and going to Dallas -- Dr. Gates. He has met with State Fair officials, with Regents, and knows what the Athletic Department and football coaches want. I am told he remains firm -- and pretty much alone. While he might agree to one away game at the State Fair at which we play different teams -- including but not limited to Tech -- he is adamant against locking in the annual game with Tech there. I think you can take this to the bank: the annual meeting with Tech will not move to Dallas as long as Gates is President of Texas A&M. He has said not only that college games should be played on college campuses and that A&M students would be the losers, but I'm told he has said in private he would never agree to being locked into an annual competition that relgated us to a permanent second class status behind tu and Oklahoma. So, despite all the speculation on this board, don't underestimate one tough SOB standing up for what he thinks is right.

DecadePlan
AG
lol...Anyone ELSE darn near tears tonight?
Houston Lee
Sea Pony 07
AG
quote:
Anyone else damn near tears tonight

Yes sir.

Now I really need to go study for tomorrows final.

Good luck and Godbless Dr. Gates.
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
Gig em

-----------------------------------------------------

BradC34
AG
So when does TexAgs get mentioned on CNN?
Icee Whashu Dithar

[This message has been edited by Icee Whashu Dithar (edited 12/7/2006 10:41p).]
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
wow. just when i thought i couldnt be in love with Gates anymore.....i read that post regarding moving the Tech game to Dallas.

so President Gates is the one with the integrity who is holding that whole thing up???

what will find out next about him.....he's the one who actually devised the defensive gameplan against TU?
mae1778a
OMG
Bulldog73
AG
Dr. Gates,

It's been an honor attending the school which you've served. You are welcome at Texas A & M anytime. You have been a great President, and I pray you will make an even better SoD.

God speed, and God bless

Bulldog
Austin Ag
AG
Dr. Gates,
I hope you keep Hollen Johnson on staff there. She did a good job for the secretary, even though she is a sip. I named my second daughter after her as she is my cousin.

gig 'em and be sure to duck every once in a while.

JR '92
odessan_aggie
Dr. Gates, anytime you want to watch the Tech game in Kyle Field, you are more than welcome to one of my season tickets. Thank you!

Best of luck in D.C.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.