Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dr. Gates Breaks Cover

482,439 Views | 1627 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by roygbell
tamutaylor12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My girlfriend thinks you are awesome. She is reading your book right now.
wildlifeAG
AG
and I just cancelled my paid subscription a couple of weeks ago because of staff increasing the price....looks like I'm going to have to subscribe again to read his old posts...and I still believe Gates, Fran, and the Pope are all one in the same...until I see them all standing next to each other you will not be able to change my mind.
Gigem314
AG
Dr. Gates, you have clearly made an impact on this university. I am very sad to see you go, but I am also very proud to have you serving as our Secretary of Defense.

I think I speak for all Aggies when I say that your kind words about our school and our ideals are greatly appreciated. You could have just simply taken your nomination and said little else - but you wanted everyone to know how you felt about Texas A&M and how hard of a decision this was.

I only hope we can find another President to lead this great university in the way that you did - to see that it becomes the best in the country in EVERY aspect. You raised the bar of expectation for Texas A&M. You will never be forgotten in Aggieland.

God Bless Dr. Gates, and Gig 'em!
AggieZee
HoustonAg05
AG
Still... can't... believe this...
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Please please leave someone that will keep the Tech game away from Dallas Dr. Gates.

Also folks with supporter access; what was his first post?
jetescamilla
cajunaggie08
AG
Thank you for everything youve done and best of luck in Washington. Gig em
boredatwork08
AG
I think my face is stuck in this position.

Billboard <---------Had to change that to reflect the amount of ads on the Adzillatron
Latrobe
AG
wow
Waltonloads08
AG
page 13
Sefton
texaggie2007 - Earliest thread it pulled up on a search:
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=522729&page=3&forum_id=5
JaysonMcD97
AG
Amazing... I will have to tell my buds at work about this.
Guinea
didnt always agree with all your moves (diversity), but all around classy guy. and cant question your loyalty to a&m. good luck in washington (watch out for the dems and btho iraq! whoop!!
aggiecadet02
AG
Thank you for your service at A&M. You are a great man and a true Aggie!
Aggie1
AG
One small issue: Legacy points for offspring of former students should be reinstated. I hope this gets reassessed and put back into the system - even if only a point or two...
Thanks for the memories...

In particular I most appreciated your Messages to the Corp of Cadets each year.
http://www.agtimes.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=40965

OBTW, is this a "leave of absence"?... or permanent??... or is this an opportunity for greater political aspirations in upcoming elections???

AAAAAg
ColoradoMooseHerd
humpitags09
AG
How many other students can say the same about their school president?
L.A. Ag97
AG
We couldn't be more proud of you and your service to our University, but more than anything what you are doing for our country now. Thank you Dr. Gates! Gig 'em.
Aggie Q
AG
Dr. Gates,

Thanks to you, I am now more than ever prepared to answer the question "Who is your hero?". Thank you so much for all that you have done for the Aggie family, you are the Spirit of Aggieland.

-Quentin
L.A. Ag97
AG
We couldn't be more proud of you and your service to our University, but more than anything what you are doing for our country now. Thank you Dr. Gates! Gig 'em.
JCRiley09
AG
neomoon posted:
quote:
quite nOOb!

we learned from watchole:
quote:
I was told last Spring by an individual in the position to know that Dr. Gates a.) visits TexAgs semi-regularly and b.) has an alias with which he posts on occasion. I thought that was an interesting tid-bit, but didn’t do anything with it at the time.

Several months later a moderator brought to my attention a post submitted by a ranger65. It was obvious from the contents of the post that ranger65 was someone close to Dr. Gates. After some investigation I was able to determine with a high degree of certainty that ranger65 was either Dr. Gates himself or his personal secretary. With the knowledge of the Dr. Gates alias, I concluded, correctly, that ranger65 was Dr. Gates himself.

neomoon was never heard of again....

ps: Dr. Gates, you're my hero. I was lucky enough to have you as my fish camp namesake and will never forget you telling a poor college kid (me) that the best place to eat in town is Christopher's. God bless and BTHO osama!

"By God, Woodrow; it's been one hell of a party." -Gus McCrae
12 - 7
WATER TOWER
God bless you, see you next friday
Three Seasons
AG
Dr. Gates,

Thank you for your service to Texas A&M University. I am proud that you have been selected as our next Secretary of Defense for our great country. I believe that President Bush has picked the right man for the right job.

Remember that when you’re done in Washington – you will always have a home here at Texas A&M University.

Gods Speed and Gig Em’

[This message has been edited by Three Seasons (edited 12/8/2006 9:19a).]
SquareOne07
AG
This is awesome.
p-wonk01
AG
As a former corps/band member, I have to thank you for what you have done. As an Aggie, I have to thank you for what you have done. As an American I have/will thank you for what you have done/will do. As an employee of BI (you are on the board...or were now) I thank you. I doubt you remember, but I was the guy seeking an internship and you took my resume and sent it along. I still have the e-mail, and job.

Thanks for making the little things big. Good luck and prayers.

neomoon
AG
quote:
neomoon posted:
quote:
quite nOOb!

neomoon was never heard of again....

I take a break from finals to browse Texags, see the thread post......

then I think to myself

"What if by a snowball's chance in he11 this is Dr. Gates (this is TexAgs) so I try to sugarcoat my request with a friendly 'Thx & Gig'em'"

TORBUSH! Either way he was still a rook. Now I have a story to tell my kids, this of course assumes my life is spared. Who else will provide Texags with A&M HD goodness?!

AGAIN..... TORBUSH! &
Sportsgirl
Godspeed Dr. Gates - Thank you for your service both to Texas A&M and our country.

AG-OF-08
AG
This is totally keeping me from studying.

Dr. Gates,
I'd like to echo the sentiments of many here. You have been a blessing to this university. Thank you for your service and dedication to Texas A&M and our country. You are a true embodiment of the Aggie Spirit and will always have a home here in Aggieland. I'm disappointed that your name won't be on my diploma, but I look forward to watching your outstanding leadership for our nation. Make us proud (even though you already have). Thanks, gig 'em, good luck and God bless.

Jenny Jenkins '08

P.S. The 6:48 press conference idea or any other displays of Aggie spirit would be pretty awesome.
slim-jim
AG
I've seen you come and seen you go Dr. Gates, it has been amazing what you have done with the university.

Now, maybe one day I will finally graduate before the next president moves on.
bobhoops
AG
Amazing. Screw girls, I'm officially in love with TexAgs.
And To Dr. Gates: A big thank you for all you've done for the University, and good luck in your future endeavors.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
U-H-M-A-Z-I-N-G
unleashed85
AG
Get Pres. Bush on here now!!!
wagnermoblie
AG
dr. Gates you have really kept me from studying tonight, but none the less thanks for all you've done and good luck.
Gig em G
AG
quote:
Get Pres. Bush on here now!!!

He's already a registered Hornfans user.

Good luck Dr. Gates and thank you for everything you've done for this University.

[This message has been edited by Gig em G (edited 12/8/2006 1:59a).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.