Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dr. Gates Breaks Cover

484,728 Views | 1627 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by roygbell
mts6175
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
lol...Anyone ELSE darn near tears tonight?
Damn close.

Dr. Gates,

It's been an honor to have you as the President of Texas A&M. The direction you have steered this great university is one that will lead us into many, many more years of greatness. I hope that should you choose to return after your service to our nation, your old desk chair has been kept warm for you.

God Bless & Give 'Em Hell!!!

--Matt Schwab '98

No Excuses
Worm01
AG
Thanks and Gig'em!
f1ghtintexasaggie
Dr. Gates

Thanks for everything you have done for Texas A&M. Good luck, Godspeed, and Gig 'Em!

P.S. Could you possibly give a big "Thanks and Gig 'Em" everytime you sign-off from a press conference? I think that would be awesome!

"Compared with your mother and father and all the rest of your ancestors, your country is something far more precious, more venerable, more sacred, and held in greater honor both among gods and among all reasonable men."
--Plato, in "Crito"

[This message has been edited by f1ghtintexasaggie (edited 12/7/2006 10:47p).]

[This message has been edited by f1ghtintexasaggie (edited 12/7/2006 10:50p).]
FTAG 2000
AG
Just want to add a post for posterity. You've been a great president for our school. Thanks for everything you've done in Aggieland and everything that is to come in D.C.
sawthemoffxx
Thank you for what you've done. Gig Em!
Cabbage
AG
This is either the best hoax ever or the coolest thing since Aggiegrant!!!!
McInnis 03
AG
By the way, one last request Mr. Secretary!

Is there any way you could schedule your first official press conference at 6:48 pm and open it up with "Well, it's 12 to 7, I think we can begin"?

If you do, I'll start constructing the statue myself.
Jerzzy
I fell very lucky to have had you as our universities president and have both my diplomas signed by you.

I know you will do an amazing job in your new position and you will have every aggie standing behind you

Gig em dr gates
FTAco07
AG
Dr. Gates,

Thank you for being a great president and an even better man. I can not express my gratitude for everything you have done for this university and our nation. May God bless you during your time in Washington.
TheTrueAggie12thMan
quote:
McInnis 03
posted 10:33p, 12/7/2006

TheTrue12thManAggie, you have no clue. If you paid for a subscription, you could search back through his posts.

Just wait till Ranger divulges your mothers fathers mothers maiden name on here.

when that happens I'll believe but till then.... yea Im calling him out.
SPO_Rat_91
Thanks for your service and dedication to Texas A&M. Good luck in Washington.

When you get settled in please stop back by and post some Area 51 pictures for us.
AGGIE Boss 03
AG

Gig 'Em!
mts6175
AG
quote:
Is there any way you could schedule your first official press conference at 6:48 pm and open it up with "Well, it's 12 to 7, I think we can begin"?
AND I'LL HELP!!! PURE GREATNESS!!!
DanTanna86
AG
This is the best thread ever and I'm happy to be finally included.

Dr. Gates,

You have lead with conviction and courage – thank you for making our great university even better. I wish you the best in Washington – Godspeed.

If you ever need a place to retreat, TexAgs and the Aggie community are here for you. We can provide plenty of encouragement and laughs.

Gig’em!

DanTanna86

The BEST College Football POWER RANKINGS..http://www.trigboy.com
Ulrich
Schooner
AG
It was truly an honor to be able to say that I was at A&M while you were there and it is truly an honor to have your signature on that lovely piece of paper.

Thank you Dr. Gates.
Jerzzy
McInnis 03 that is a great idea! very 'red ass'
FTAggies
I just cannot believe the Secretary of Defense, is not only an Aggie, but he listens to the common Aggies who didn't feel as though they had a voice where the Dallas game was concerned, this issue I really appreciate Dr. Gates because it shows you are not only our leader in title but a leader in action as you listened to the most common of contributors, thank you for everything and finally

12-7, PS I can't believe the Sec of Defense just called them "tu" that is freaking hilarious, they now are officially relegated, hahahah!!!!
texas2006aggie
AG
Dr. Gates,

Thank you for your service to our university and country. I will never forget the obligations of duty and honor and country.

Gig'em
jks08
tamuag09
Man, so many hall of fame threads in one year.

Aggiegrant, FranStache, and now Gates!
EagleAg
AG
Thanks Dr. Gates you have been a God send to our beloved university. I hope after you have completed your time you will consider once again rejoining us at Texas A&M be it President or as a professor. You will be missed.

God Bless and good luck. Please feel free to stop by to talk to some of your fellow Aggies anytime.

Thank you for allowing me to meet with you last semester about a possible career in the CIA. I will be starting at the Bush School next semester.

Remember to say Howdy!

[This message has been edited by EagleAg (edited 12/7/2006 11:00p).]
boredatwork08
AG
Dr. Gates,

You are an amazing man. I never had a doubt in my mind that you were the best man for the job, as President of A&M and Secretary of Defense.

You will do amazing things in D.C. just as you did here in C.S. I cannot wait to hear about all you do on TV and the 5 o' clock news update on 1620 during my drive home from work.

Good luck.
Godspeed.
Thanks,
and Gig 'em.

Billboard <---------Had to change that to reflect the amount of ads on the Adzillatron
ght
AG
Dr. Gates,

I was darn proud to be an Aggie on T+1.

But I am even prouder this week to have an Aggie and a man of your integrity serving our country.

Bear left when Mama called.

You, sir, left when your Country called.

Good luck, Gig 'em, and God Bless!

3rd Generation Ag
AG
Thanks so much for your service to our school. Please come home to Aggieland when the nation no longer needs you. I think we hold a piece of your heart here in safe keeping.
BreNayPop
AG
Thanks and Gig Em Dr. Gates...
kb2001
AG
Dr. Gates-

Thank you for your hard work at Texas A&M. Your time at theis university will not be forgotten. It makes me sad to see you go, but happy to know that a good man with character is the Secretary of Defense. Bring your integrity full force into Washington and do what's right for this country, not what politicians and media think is right for a good story.

It also provides a bright spot to my day knowing that you came on this board to learn what Aggies are thinking, but probably wouldn't say to your face. The fact that we have a voice and that our voice is heard is refreshing. You make me proud with what you have done for Texas A&M, and I know you will continue to make me proud in our nation's capitol.

Thanks and Gig 'em!
Ol Army B-1 03
AG
Doc Gates: Gig 'Em and God Bless 'Em

BTHO D.C.!!!
mneisch
AG
Gig 'em Dr. Gates, and it is unfortunate that I was only here for a semester with you as President.

"The road goes on forever and the party never ends."
Jerzzy
every aggie would love to have you back after you finish serving your country
isotaptx
AG
dr. gates,

please make a return trip to aggieland in may so that i can have your signature on both of my diplomas. thank you for your service to our school and our country.

class of '05, '07
MechE Ag
Gig 'Em Dr. Gates!!
TakeTheMoney&Run
Gig 'Em Gates!
this is definitely one of the coolest things i've seen on texags
brazagg
AG
Thank you sir and Godspeed!
Texpatriate
AG
Thanks Dr. Gates,

I believe that the DoD couldn't be in better hands during this critical time in our country's history.

BTHO all enemies of the United States...one way or another.

=======================
"A thick skin is a gift from God" - Konrad Adenauer

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.