Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Championship correlation w HC IQ?

2,772 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Indianrider
Danimal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone ever graphed this? Not sure what would be measured but SAT/ACT college major, etc... are the obvious ones.

I wish I had time to do this on my own.
AColunga07
AG
Ed Orgeron: "hold my beer" (translated)
greg.w.h
AG
You believe iq tests measure intelligence???
Al Bula
AG
Danimal said:

Has anyone ever graphed this? Not sure what would be measured but SAT/ACT college major, etc... are the obvious ones.

ccolley68
AG
Danimal said:

Well, our last coach has a ring. Our current coach doesn't have any (I support Elko and supported firing Jimbo, just stating the fact). And tu's mensa coach didn't get any hardware.
agnerd
AG
There are enough coaches and analysts behind the scenes that coaching IQ doesn't matter. A coach's ability to motivate his coaches and players is what matters.
Shoefly!
AG
ccolley68 said:

Danimal said:

Well, our last coach has a ring. Our current coach doesn't have any (I support Elko and supported firing Jimbo, just stating the fact). And tu's mensa coach didn't get any hardware.

Tom wasn't Mensa , he was mental.
NyAggie
AG
agnerd said:

There are enough coaches and analysts behind the scenes that coaching IQ doesn't matter. A coach's ability to motivate his coaches and players is what matters.
that, and holding players and coaches acountable as well as hving a great S&C program, which kinda goes hand in hand with accountability
Aggie_Nuke
AG
greg.w.h said:

And you don't ?

IQ tests are effective at assessing deliberative skills, which involve reason and the use of working memory, but I it is true that they do not evaluate a person's inclination or ability to use those skills.

In other words, a high IQ does mean you are "intelligent" as far as knowledge, deliberation, reasoning, etc. But, it doesn't prevent you from saying or doing something absolutely stupid.

The ONLY valid ANNUAL goal for ALL Aggie Sports is a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Gig'em !
FTAC '73
greg.w.h
AG
Aggie_Nuke said:

greg.w.h said:

And you don't ?

IQ tests are effective at assessing deliberative skills, which involve reason and the use of working memory, but I it is true that they do not evaluate a person's inclination or ability to use those skills.

In other words, a high IQ does mean you are "intelligent" as far as knowledge, deliberation, reasoning, etc. But, it doesn't prevent you from saying or doing something absolutely stupid.

IQ tests measure test taking skills and can be prepped for. If it is a sign of greater intelligence to prep for a high-stakes test like entrance exams I'm extremely intelligent….
Aggie_Nuke
AG
greg.w.h said:

Aggie_Nuke said:

greg.w.h said:

And you don't ?

IQ tests measure test taking skills and can be prepped for. If it is a sign of greater intelligence to prep for a high-stakes test like entrance exams I'm extremely intelligent….

Yes, it's intuitively obvious to all but the most casual observer that you are "extremely intelligent".

So, if you think you can just "prep" for it, then why not take the MENSA "practice" exam ? Here's the link : https://www.us.mensa.org/join/mht/

Then you can report back to us how well you were able to "prep" for it. Who knows, you might even qualify for membership !

The ONLY valid ANNUAL goal for ALL Aggie Sports is a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Gig'em !
FTAC '73
Bigdaddycigar
AG
There is generally a strong correlation between IQ levels and incomes. Smarter people are more valuable in the marketplace because they can create more value in most jobs because they can process things faster and see patterns before other people can. The market doesn't lie. Outliers of this relationship would be those earn their income through playing sports as IQ is less valuable here than athleticism. Since coaching is more mental than physical, having a high IQ coach is likely very important.
Danimal
AG
Well thankfully there was some intelligent discussion in addition to the poo-flinging. Better than I expected!

Anyway, maybe you can catch lightning in a bottle in college once in awhile (Ed O). Doubt that happens in the pros often. Just curious to see if y'all knew of any data out there.
Divining Rod
for the record, Lombardi had a business degree, Leach had a law degree, and Knute Rockne had a chemistry/pharmacy degree.

I think the #1 traits for head coach: 1) understanding people and personal relationships [psychology] 2) understanding the chemistry of teamwork.

Master those, and you know the right people to hire, the right players to have, and how to deal with people and situations when the first two don't pan out like you think.

oh by the way, I don't think Leach was a master at what I said above- he was just brilliant when it came to understanding offensive X's and O's and how to exploit superior defensive talent.
Indianrider
AG
Aggie_Nuke said:

greg.w.h said:

Aggie_Nuke said:

greg.w.h said:

And you don't ?

Yes, it's intuitively obvious to all but the most casual observer that you are "extremely intelligent".

So, if you think you can just "prep" for it, then why not take the MENSA "practice" exam ? Here's the link : https://www.us.mensa.org/join/mht/

Then you can report back to us how well you were able to "prep" for it. Who knows, you might even qualify for membership !

She thinks a lot of herself.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.