Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Blaise Taylor (defensive staffer) arrested

24,817 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Cliff Booth
themissinglink
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trooper Taylor's son and recently hired defensive staffer arrested on murder charges.
https://footballscoop.com/news/blaise-taylor-arrested-on-first-degree-murder-charge

EDIT: More details:
https://www.wate.com/news/man-wanted-for-poisoning-girlfriend-unborn-baby-arrested-in-utah/
Quote:

Jade Benning died at Vanderbilt University Medical Center on March 6, 2023, her 25th birthday, according to investigators. She was rushed to the hospital via ambulance on the night of Feb. 25, 2023, after Taylor called 911 just after 9:30 p.m., and said Benning appeared to be having an allergic reaction, according to officials.

Benning's medical condition immediately became critical and her unborn 5-month-old baby, which Taylor is believed to have fathered, died on Tuesday, Feb. 27. Detectives were unable to interview Benning before she died, according to police.

After months of investigation, investigators believe Taylor poisoned Benning without her knowledge while visiting her at her Lebanon Pike apartment on the night of Feb. 25.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Jeez...looks like he poisoned his pregnant girlfriend over a year ago.
Matsui
AG
horrific
AGDAD14
Lots of thoughts…. first and foremost, pray that it's not true (innocent until proven guilty). If found guilty, throw the book at him.

Utah St. and A&M both didn't find enough in the background check to be concerned. Flawed background check processes? Or was it addressed during the interview process with the Nashville police department and Blaise?

Doesn't sound like he left Nashville right away after being under suspicion.

Strange that he hasn't been conclusively identified as the baby's father, after a year long investigation. (Or ruled out as the father)

Absence other evidence, he faces an extremely difficult case if he is truly innocent. Even if found not guilty in a court of law, society will never consider him innocent, even if it was just an allergic reaction. If was it was murder, the killer needs to face the wrath of Justice!

Unfortunately, this will be a huge distraction for Coach Trooper Taylor and his family, rightly so. I can't even imagine.
akm91
AG
Do background checks involve adult children?
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
rsf0626
Welcome to Texas A&M Trev Alberts lol
Mike Elko
AG
If true, burn him alive. What a POS.
NewsyJohnson
AG
Pleasantly surprised I don't see anyone here advocating for the 48-hour rule.

Prayers for both families involved. How sickening.
Dr. Alister MacKenzie
Shouldn't our new running backs coach, you know, possibly mention this is going on before it makes news?
sonnysixkiller
AG
Another huge embarrassment the one constant in all our recent issues is john sharp
arontc09
AG
It looks like the girlfriend didn't die. It only says the unborn child died. She was in critical condition, but nothing says she died.

That said, how likely are we to be able to see that she lost a pregnancy, much less, that it was suspicious? Police won't tell you they're investigating someone, it would taint the investigation, and the medical information is federally protected. Unless she was making accusations publicly, it would be virtually impossible for us to find this.

That said, if he did this, it is unconscionable, and he should serve a good chunk of his life in prison.

Edit: I read the quote form the article and not the whole thing. It says he was charged with two counts, but it makes no mention of the girlfriend dying. It's a poorly written article and things are kind of fuzzy. Still, I don't think a background check would turn this up, and even if it did, TAMU probably wouldn't see it, TAMU would just get a pass/fail, and he won't fail on the possibility that maybe he would be charged, someday.
Caesar4
AG
I'm sure (I assume) that A&M, most universities, most employers do not do their own background checks. They hire a service to do it for them. If the check comes back "good", "clean", what's next?

I would assume that the next step is to continue the hiring process, which would hopefully include a reference check.

*Maybe* that's where this info could have been learned? Assuming the reference(s) themselves know?

But, if that doesn't turn up anything, what's next? Hire a private detective to dig deeper? Consult every law enforcement office and ask "Got anything on this guy?"
Dr. Alister MacKenzie
So we are really giving Trooper Taylor of all people the "well, maybe he didn't know" pass here as he pushed everyone to hire his own allegedly murdering son?
The Marksman
AG
Dr. Alister MacKenzie said:

So we are really giving Trooper Taylor of all people the "well, maybe he didn't know" pass here as he pushed everyone to hire his own allegedly murdering son?
Some posters sure are, unfortunately
monarch
S
Who hired this guy? And they didn't know this?
Peace for Ukraine!
PaulsBunions
AG
I don't think there's any reason to believe Blaise told his dad that he killed his ex girlfriend at this time, and from the news articles it appears that the investigation hasn't been public knowledge until today. Is it that hard to believe that Trooper didn't know anything about it?
Emilio Fantastico
AG
sonnysixkiller said:

Another huge embarrassment the one constant in all our recent issues is john sharp

I like to blame Sharp for everything as much as the next guy. But now you're just being ridiculous.
KGP
arontc09 said:

It looks like the girlfriend didn't die. It only says the unborn child died. She was in critical condition, but nothing says she died.

That said, how likely are we to be able to see that she lost a pregnancy, much less, that it was suspicious? Police won't tell you they're investigating someone, it would taint the investigation, and the medical information is federally protected. Unless she was making accusations publicly, it would be virtually impossible for us to find this.

That said, if he did this, it is unconscionable, and he should serve a good chunk of his life in prison.

Edit: I read the quote form the article and not the whole thing. It says he was charged with two counts, but it makes no mention of the girlfriend dying. It's a poorly written article and things are kind of fuzzy. Still, I don't think a background check would turn this up, and even if it did, TAMU probably wouldn't see it, TAMU would just get a pass/fail, and he won't fail on the possibility that maybe he would be charged, someday.
Benning's medical condition immediately became critical and her unborn 5-month-old baby, which Taylor is believed to have fathered, died on Tuesday, Feb. 27. Detectives were unable to interview Benning before she died, according to police.\

is reading that hard?
The Porkchop Express
I think we're all being extremely naive to think a background check was done at all. Guy is a coach's son. Pretty sure that's carte blanche for "hey my kid needs a job, can we hire him?"
monarch
S
I'm just as bad about blaming Sharp for anything and everything, but Coach Taylor didn't know anything about this? I find that hard to believe.
Peace for Ukraine!
themissinglink
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

I think we're all being extremely naive to think a background check was done at all. Guy is a coach's son. Pretty sure that's carte blanche for "hey my kid needs a job, can we hire him?"
I think the problem is people don't understand what shows up on a background check. Pending investigations usually aren't on there.

I did a quick google search for jobs in our AD and looks like the AD requires a criminal background check of all employees.
Quote:

Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
monarch
S
Asking the obvious question again: And Trooper Taylor didn't know about this? I'm finding that very hard to believe. Just wondering.
Peace for Ukraine!
greg.w.h
AG
A rubric on why the argumentation here is unsound, invalid, or both.

https://blog.apaonline.org/2019/06/27/monty-python-witch-trial-validity-soundness-and-the-fallacy-of-the-undistributed-middle/?amp
FamousAgg
How did he pass his pre-employment polygraph?
AGDAD14
I'm rootin' for Coach Traylor as he is from south Texas in my neck of the woods. This has to be an extremely painful time for his family.

However, if he knew about his son's situation and said nothing to his employer about it while knowing his employer was considering hiring his son, that would not be good.

I'm hopeful that both dad and son were forthcoming with both Utah State and Texas A&M about the situation.

As others have said, I can't imagine what both families are going through, and pray for justice if called for.
passerby82
AG
monarch said:

Asking the obvious question again: And Trooper Taylor didn't know about this? I'm finding that very hard to believe. Just wondering.

Would you tell your parents about something like this?

Particularly if you were already rolling with the allergic reaction lie….

Hard to prove Trooper knew… bc Blaise would have not steered from the allergic reaction story.

Insinuating that trooper knew is a troll job & unnecessarily hurts our program.

The Marksman
AG
passerby82 said:

monarch said:

Hard to prove Trooper knew… bc Blaise would have not steered from the allergic reaction story.

The poster did not insinuate anything, he simply asked a question. Not "a troll job."
Caesar4
AG
monarch said:

Too soon for the public to know (and I'm not sure we will ever know about private discussions between the parent/son).

I can see easily see these two situations (if it was my kid and this happened):

* my kid came to me and said he was devastated, said he was totally innocent, then I'd support him and I certainly would not submarine his future by saying "Hey, my son says he didn't do this but you may want to reconsider hiring him".

* my kid came to me and said he was guilty and was just hoping the law didn't catch up to him, then I'd stroonly encourage him to turn himself in. Not sure what else I'd do. For sure if I thought he was a further danger to anyone, I'd turn him in myself. I darn sure would not recommend him for a job and I would intervene to ensure that he didn't get hired by my own employer.

If I was the parent (and heck even just as an anonymous poster), now that he has been charged, I'd let the investigation play out before doing anything (jumping to conclusions, casting aspersions, or picking up the figurative pitchforks & torches).
SlobberKnock
AG
I wonder how Trooper can do his job with this going on (I wouldn't be able to). I wonder if he steps away from coaching.
monarch
S
I have nothing against Trooper Taylor: only know him by name. In fact, before all this popped up overnight, I had forgotten he was on staff. Look at it this way: his kid has a girlfriend that his kid has created a child with. OK, no big deal in this day and age I guess. But, the girlfriend and the kid die. No one knew this? Nobody at a family gathering or whatever asks about the girl and the kid? So Blaise kept all this quiet? WOW! NOTHING against Trooper Taylor. I'm just amazed that Blaise kept all this under the carpet. And in defense of Trooper he must be going through hell.
Peace for Ukraine!
passerby82
AG
The Marksman said:

passerby82 said:

monarch said:

The poster did not insinuate anything, he simply asked a question. Not "a troll job."

Right.. just like the question, how long have you been abusing your wife?

He literally said " i find it hard to believe" in his post.
Caesar4
AG
monarch said:

I have nothing against Trooper Taylor: only know him by name. In fact, before all this popped up overnight, I had forgotten he was on staff. Look at it this way: his kid has a girlfriend that his kid has created a child with. OK, no big deal in this day and age I guess. But, the girlfriend and the kid die. No one knew this? Nobody at a family gathering or whatever asks about the girl and the kid? So Blaise kept all this quiet? WOW! NOTHING against Trooper Taylor. I'm just amazed that Blaise kept all this under the carpet. And in defense of Trooper he must be going through hell.
Yeah, we just don't know yet. The bolded part are your assumptions. It's entirely likely that the family did know about the deaths. I would assume that they did know. But, I assume that everyone believed/assumed it was not murder.

If I was in that situation and my kid's girlfriend/boyfriend, or even just a friend died....it would be terrible. But, my first thought would not be "You did it, didn't you." I'm calling 911.

No, my first thought and 2nd and 3rd thoughts would be to provide help/comfort to the friends/families impacted.

Now that charges have been filed, I'd retreat into a hole until truth comes out.
Agsrback12
Caesar4
AG
Agsrback12 said:

A background check would have been racist?

Surely we haven't gotten to that point yet?
Not clear what you're on about. Nobody said anything about race until your post...
Shoefly!
AG
Damn, the hits just keep a coming!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.