Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

9 Game SEC Schedule Starting in 2026

20,667 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 23 days ago by Zombie Jon Snow
Alex Delarge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Surely the SEC offices aren't happy that a (non)member is leaking this already.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Alex Delarge said:

well they better get used to it that's how the sips roll.

Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I am glad the 9-game conference schedule is starting in 2026. I have been waiting for a 12-game regular season schedule that consists of 10 games against Power 5 opponents. I am tired of those late November cupcake games, especially as a final home game. We have played a cupcake game in our final home game in 2015, 2017, 2021, 2023, and will play Tarleton State in our final home game in 2025. A final home game should always be a conference game.

Yes, that will mean 5 conference home games in some years and 4 conference home games in other years. I think that can be mitigated with a home and home schedules with nonconference Power 5 opponents. Play that opponent at home when we have 4 conference home game and on the road when we have 5 conference home games. With that schedule setup, we would have 5 home games against Power 5 opponents every year.
DamnGood86
AG
Alex Delarge said:

Maybe the SEC offices had not yet been told themselves.
hunter2012
AG
DamnGood86 said:

Alex Delarge said:

Maybe the SEC offices had not yet been told themselves.
Snakey isn't even aware that the conference lost the initiative when they rolled out the red carpet for the sips.
Gator92
AG
Should be 10 game conference schedule.

W/ 9, we are losing a home game every other year...
#Mke
AG
Better be 3-6-6 and not 1-7-7.

In addition to LSU, I want to humiliate Texas every November and continue owning Arkansas every September!
BMX Bandit
so is everyone.

#Mke
AG
Gator92 said:

I think they plan to use that extra slot to allow teams to schedule P5 non-conference opponents and for games like Florida/FSU to be played.
MaroonStain
AG
I'm with playing 10-game SEC schedule. Worked in 2020. Oh...and tuck Fexas...we warned 'em.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
#Mke said:

Gator92 said:

I think they plan to use that extra slot to allow teams to schedule P5 non-conference opponents and for games like Florida/FSU to be played.
That's what I am thinking. A 9-game conference schedule will mean 5 conference home games in some years and 4 conference home games in other years, but that can be mitigated with a home and home with a nonconference Power 5 opponents. Play that opponent at home when we have 4 conference home game and on the road when we have 5 conference home games. With that schedule setup, we would have 5 home games against Power 5 opponents every year.
Gator92
AG
BMX Bandit said:

so is everyone.

Yes and part of the reason Presidents didn't go for it in 24.

Not only were they not going to get more $$$, but loose 1/2 a home game revenue/yr...
BkYdPitmaster
AG
Gator92 said:

BMX Bandit said:

so is everyone.

Not only were they not going to get more $$$, but loose 1/2 a home game revenue/yr...
How loose is a 1/2 game?
Backyard Pitmaster
Bill Superman
AG
Sip already calling the shots.
The Collective
AG
Goodbye our FCS brothers
LB12Diamond
AG
Sips never change. Make everything about them. Who knows if it's even true or them trying to push something.

FYI, we will not have a non conference home and home with a power 5 team if we move to a 9 game SEC schedule.
greg.w.h
AG
Ten conference games after we expand to 18ā€¦
BMX Bandit
The Collective said:

Goodbye our FCS brothers

Good
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
BkYdPitmaster said:

Gator92 said:

BMX Bandit said:

so is everyone.

How loose is a 1/2 game?

You play the 1st half at their stadium.and the 2nd at Kyle.
greg.w.h
AG
Del Conte announced it as part of his strategy to bend us over a barrel. But some of fans welcome that which sounds pretty kinky when you think about it. Clayton Williams likely has a bromide for usā€¦
LincolnBorglum79
AG
The 9 conference game plan is likely coming even faster than 2026. I expect it to happen for the 2025 season too. Otherwise the tsips will play ou plus the 7 sec teams they don't play in 2024. We will not play tu in 2025 without a 9 game 3-6-6 model in place.

tu in 2025 without the 9 game schedule will play Bama, LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, Tenn, S Car, Mizzu and ou. They really don't want to lose the Texas Aggie game or the Arky game but they will for 1 Year.

We will play Bama; Miss, Vandy, Kentucky, ou, Georgia, Tenn and LSU in 2025 as it stands right now.
Sq 17
No way to be certain what the '25 schedule will be
SEC HQ can do just about anything with the '25 schedule
I am guessing it will be the mirror of the 24 schedule
The Ags need to make the cfp in 24 because'25 if it is the mirror of 24 will be brutal
LB12Diamond
AG
Doubt they will do a mirror. They will just set up another random one. We will be playing at Texas in 25 no matter if it's 8 or 9 SEC games.

Certain games will be played every year no matter what such as Vol/Bama
LincolnBorglum79
AG
I doubt they will just randomly decide the 25 schedule. As I show it above tu and ou play every SEC team in their first 2 years. If they decide to have us play ty again, they who do they leave off? Makes no sense and the publicity from tu in to try to get the 9 game 3-6 in place in 2025.

The 3-6 is coming soon no matter what because Bama doesn't want to give up their Tenn game since Auburn in their 1 rival. I suppose they could go with a 3-5! setup instead with just 8 conference games it just takes longer to
Ag Tag
What about Vanderbilt vs. Mizzou?
Sq 17
That is certainly one way to welcome tu and OU
Because games like Bama v TN
Ags v tu are important
The 25 schedule could be just like the 24 schedule with the home team being flipped
W
AG
the sip takeover has begun
LincolnBorglum79
AG
You have a valid point that 25 could be 24 switching the home teams. We would benefit from that and tu would have to play at Georgia so they probably don't want that. But it could happen. The sooner we get to 3-6-6 the better balance but we could also still be headed to an 18 or 20 team conference so change will likely continue.

I think the 12 team playoffs will grow to 16 very soon then 24
WC94
AG
Sips have classic Narssastic Personality Disorder and we have Battered Spouse Syndrome. What could go wrong?
The Chicken Ranch
AG
We should be playing tu, Arky and LSU each year.
Sq 17
Not everybody is getting their top 3 choices ,
not sure we would be one of Arky top 3 choices
Teams like Mizzou MSU don't have a logical top 3 which is why if reports are to believed we are getting MSU
Kozmozag
and so it begins....lol, not even playing in the league yet, already calling the shots. I wonder why RC didn't mention this.
northeastag
AG
I thought exactly the same thing. Texas made the decision and announced it. At the very least, they were the driving force behind the decision, and the SEC got shoved into it.

Sankey and the SEC getting what they signed up for.
northeastag said:

I thought exactly the same thing. Texas made the decision and announced it. At the very least, they were the driving force behind the decision, and the SEC got shoved into it.

Sankey and the SEC getting what they signed up for.

Conspiracy theories now begin.
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
Reno Hightower
Del Conte will get whatever he wants in the SEC. He and Sankey seem to work well together, behind closed doors.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.