Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bama's last TD against us - Myles fouled

8,719 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by S.A. Aggie
Claud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Myles was totally fouled on Bama's last TD. #74 was shoving his hands in Myles face mask. This is the pic of that play.

Watch the slow mo replay of the broadcast. Another horrible no call that Bama scored a TD on.

The worst officiating I have seen all year. Usually bad calls even out but it didn't seem so this game.
OrygunAg
AG
You have it wrong. He was simply helping him adjust his face mask.
MicheIangeIo
AG
First time this has been brought up on TexAgs

Rule number 71: no ****ing execuses. play like a champion
Hu11abaloo
AG
op,

you legitimately start 3-4 threads a day, and only 1 of them is usually worth starting. pls control yourself.

sincerely,
zoo

also, has been mentioned 237 times. you'd know that if you read other threads than your own.
Frisco - Ag
AG
Did he go to the free throw line?
chipotle
If anything Myles was roughing the lineman

/sec
Bottlehead90
AG
It was a great play / Saban
Ogre09
AG
Get over it!

#dbap
45-70Ag
AG
Is that a flagrant 1 or flagrant 2
TX_Aggie37
AG
A penalty could be called on an O linemen every play. Sometimes the refs just miss it. This was pretty bad, but complaining about it certainly won't help.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
I'm surprised they didn't call Myles for targeting the OLs defenseless hand.

Oh wait, he didn't use the crown of his helmet.
TMartin
Tennessee folks are still screaming about the officiating during their Bama game. The SEC is in danger of creating a tu type demon which can only hurt the league. I wish Sumlin would get after the refs like Saban and others do during the game instead of just reporting violations to the league the following week.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
TMartin said:

Tennessee folks are still screaming about the officiating during their Bama game. The SEC is in danger of creating a tu type demon which can only hurt the league. I wish Sumlin would get after the refs like Saban and others do during the game instead of just reporting violations to the league the following week.

Can the other schools in the SEC vote Bama out?
aTm2004
AG
Claud said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Myles was totally fouled on Bama's last TD.
This is 5 days after it happened and you're not sure if it's been mentioned before? It was on TexAgs 3 plays before it happened.
Deputy Travis Junior
Myles isn't a defenseless player. What's the big deal?
GenericAggie
AG
Hu11abaloo said:

op,

you legitimately start 3-4 threads a day, and only 1 of them is usually worth starting. pls control yourself.

sincerely,
zoo

also, has been mentioned 237 times. you'd know that if you read other threads than your own.

Why do you know this? Stalker!!
AggieNiebs
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

A penalty could be called on an O linemen every play.
Did you come up with this all on your own? I feel like this is the first time I have ever seen this profound statement!
Hu11abaloo
AG
GenericAggie said:

Hu11abaloo said:

op,

sincerely,
zoo

Why do you know this? Stalker!!

This is TexAgs. We're all stalkers.
TX_Aggie37
AG
AggieNiebs said:

TX_Aggie37 said:

A penalty could be called on an O linemen every play.
Did you come up with this all on your own? I feel like this is the first time I have ever seen this profound statement!
Cool
Gig em G
AG
This just came to mind.

AggieOO
Gig em G said:

This just came to mind.

i hate you so much right now. This should never be re-visited.
Allen76
AG
The perspective on that picture shows Myles to actually be a small person. If Myles is 6'5", 270#, then that Bama lineman must be 7'0", 350#.
SARATOGA
So then we would have only lost by 12 ?

I'm assuming you had money on the game that Bama wouldn't cover !
halfastros81
AG
No kidding. That guy is Yuuuuge.

SEC office will probably rule that Garrett was targeting the lineman's hand with the crown of his facemask. We'll start our game next yr v. Bama with a 15 yd penalty.

antman8504
antman8504
AG
J_Taylor said:

pictures may say a thousand words, but unfortunately this one is a little deceiving.

On that play, aTm #15 actually had done a move where he attempted to go under the arms of the LT for Bama, and forced the tackle's left arm up towards him. #15 in purple created the movement that caused the arm to get up near the facemask.

A still photo makes it look much worse than it ended up being. Also, this was to the left and slightly behind the play, and with the quarterback scrambling out of the pocket, most of the officials are going to make sure they are focusing on the play as it moves down the field, and not to a self-inflicted situation by the aTm #15.
ok, go back to your own board. If they were watching the play, then why didn't they see the illegal low block downfield on our safety as he tried to tackle the Hurts before the score? They missed that too?! This game was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen.
Bucketrunner
I hope you're not the tsip official and that you're just trolling.
mdpajestka
J_Taylor said:

pictures may say a thousand words, but unfortunately this one is a little deceiving.

On that play, aTm #15 actually had done a move where he attempted to go under the arms of the LT for Bama, and forced the tackle's left arm up towards him. #15 in purple created the movement that caused the arm to get up near the facemask.

A still photo makes it look much worse than it ended up being. Also, this was to the left and slightly behind the play, and with the quarterback scrambling out of the pocket, most of the officials are going to make sure they are focusing on the play as it moves down the field, and not to a self-inflicted situation by the aTm #15.
flagged for trolling
rbcs_2
AG
J_Taylor said:

It doesn't matter if Garrett attempted to go under the LT's arms. It doesn't matter if he forced the LTs arms into his face. The LT is clearly grabbing and shoving his head back. Automatic foul.
DayAg!
S
Missing calls is one thing but when the Bama players realized they wouldnt be flagged it got ugly real quick.
Agsuffering@bulaw
This is a bigger problem. I suspect that all conferences do it-- they let it be known (through back-channels) that the refs better not make a mistake that takes the heavyweight out of the playoffs.

And really, this is partially a Sumlin issue. This is more an AD issue. Our AD ought to be calling other SEC ADs and getting a coalition together. They need to demand good officiating.

Sankey already showed he was a weak and indecisive with the FLA/L$U incident. Our AD needs to wrangle his will and force him to make the refs officiate correctly. The conference would be better for it in the long run.

I posted this earlier- the way to do it is to get every team in the SEC to make cut ups of protest videos where Bama got favorable treatment. They then leak to sympathetic media sources. That way, the program is covered. Most "anonymous sources" are questionable because of their anonymity. But the videos would speak for themselves.
Red Pill
AG
Myles hit the bammer in the hand with his facemask. He could have totally hurt his fingers.
Mr. White
MicheIangeIo said:

First time this has been brought up on TexAgs

Rule number 71: no ****ing execuses. play like a champion

Literally NO excuses? So, if Nick Saban ran onto the field and shot Myles in the crotch and Alabama scored, you would have to say to us: "Stop complaining!"

Getting shot in the crotch and the above picture are equally illegal in the game of football. But, 'Stop complaining'. Ok, whatever.
TexAg15
AG
mandatory "Sumlin has lost control of SEC front office"
Dude, they send in film to the office every week what else do you want them to do? Fight them physically?
beerad12man
AG
Uh, 4-3 DEs aren't supposed to be as big as left tackles. They are supposed to be quicker, and he is.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.