Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Did anyone see Kirk get hit late with 5:24 left in the 3rd quarter ?

2,882 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by millertime40
millertime40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was re-watching parts of the game and noticed when we were driving right after they went up 20-14. We were around or across midfield and Knights pass got tipped at the line. The pass was intended for Kirk, and you can barely see it but he gets nailed late off of his feet. The ball was tipped and was probably 10 yards short of him and no where close to him. Kirk was totally defenseless and got nailed. It was a huge no call in my opinion, same as Washingtons and would have gotten us in field goal range and possibly the go ahead score to go up 21-20. I just was curious if anyone that recorded it or watched it on tv saw that play as well. Obviously Bama was better than us but I dont think it was by much and the officials did everything they could to help Bama win. This was one key play I didnt see anyone talking about.
lil_frog8
AG
Unfortunately once the ball is tipped it's free to make contact with a receiver similar to a tipped ball that is kicked where the kicker/punter is nailed as long as you touch the ball all bets are off.
Cornerback31
AG
No, I missed it. But Rule 9.1.3 and 9.1.4 are still in play if the crown of the helmet was involved.
millertime40
lil_frog8 said:

Unfortunately once the ball is tipped it's free to make contact with a receiver similar to a tipped ball that is kicked where the kicker/punter is nailed as long as you touch the ball all bets are off.
I know you are allowed to make contact as far as pass interference goes, I mean the ball had already hit the ground 10 yards short and the guy laid him out, isnt this a late hit personal foul and a really dirty play.
Claud
Yep, just watched it. Can't really see the hit but it does come AFTER the ball hits the ground. Kirk looked a little upset.

Definitely looks like it should have been a personal foul.

I usually don't complain about officiating as it usually evens out. But it sure looked like the officials were in Bama's pockets.
Claud
Just noticed Myles being fouled on Bama's last TD.

Just horrible officiating. Makes me angry.
millertime40
Claud said:

Yep, just watched it. Can't really see the hit but it does come AFTER the ball hits the ground. Kirk looked a little upset.

Definitely looks like it should have been a personal foul.

I usually don't complain about officiating as it usually evens out. But it sure looked like the officials were in Bama's pockets.

Yep, kirk was pissed, should have 100 percent been a personal foul. It makes me mad b/c Bama is already good enough and of course no one ever says anything but of course us ags. The broadcasters didnt say anything about the late hit on Kirk or the play against Garrett, but I can guarantee you if it was us the penalty would have been called. And if not, probably reviewed
TMartin
This is the way Saban and staff coach football.. It's legal but cheap and A&M needs to recruit the physical athletes to return the favor.
Post removed:
by user
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Aggiebrewer said:

Fwiw

Tipped ball only means no pass interference shoulf be called afterwards. Has nothing to do with personal fouls. Besides, late hit on a receiver, by definition, is dead ball foul.

Unless you are Alabama. Obviously
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Looked fine to me.
- Nick
FishingAggie
Claud said:

Just noticed Myles being fouled on Bama's last TD.

Just horrible officiating. Makes me angry.

You make it sound so dirty......
millertime40
Anyone else see it ?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.