Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Avery gennessy damn..

17,654 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ogre09
bigblackag12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
-LANDON- said:

Good post cuzo. Seems like this kind of thing wouldve been an obvious fix. The coaches are so blind by all the millions theyre getting. They let basic crap go right over there heads.

It took me two years to learn how to hold my water at LT. And i can assure you my coaches were trying to fix it. Even after i stopped false starting in practice i would jump at least once a drive during games.
ScoutBanderaAg956
AG
Aggiebrewer said:

Wonder if Lat will hold that against Sumlin?

The buck stops here! Oh wait, protect Sumlin and throw Avery or Turner or Mazzone under the bus!
Swing Your Saber
I would bet dollars against donuts the current coaches are well aware & doing everything they can to fix it. We have only had a cohesive competent offensive staff for one off season, & bad habits take a while to break.

This is exactly the kind of fundamental error Spav missed, or did not know how to correct. Mazzone & Turner (generally) don't miss these things, & are amongst the best in the world at correcting them.

Things like this are why I hated Spav so much. Beyond poor situations play calling our guys simply played poorly. This year our guys play a ton better.
The Collective
AG
Could be one of the OL issues that Sumlin was referring to in his PC.
Betoisafurry
-LANDON- said:

Good post cuzo. Seems like this kind of thing wouldve been an obvious fix. The coaches are so blind by all the millions theyre getting. They let basic crap go right over there heads.

Such a dumbass post
Bottlehead90
AG
Maybe if we had a staff as large as saban's we could better address these things.
We have the money. We need the staff.
Get the staff!
Bocephus
AG
Maybe the coaches have known about this since the first or second game since you know, it was already discussed on TexAgs back then
SARATOGA
Probably noticed by one of Saban's 17 "consultants".

THIS.

Deputy Travis Junior
I was going to post this.
S.A. Aggie
AG
Flexbone said:

Umm, just bc he does it doesn't mean the coaches haven't noticed.
So your saying that our coaches could have known about this but decided that the they would either do it anyway or that the other coaches wouldn't notice? Ummm, no.
fireinthehole
Maybe he had zero chance to pass block the Bama DL unless he did it
Brush Country
-LANDON- said:

Not sure if troll, or dumb.
BusterAg
AG
You should be able to use this kind of thing in your favor on big games.

It is not uncommon for a coach to work on a player's bad habits like this, and use it as a false signal during the first quarter or after halftime.
SEC Champs
AG
libertyag said:

You would think that is something our coaches would have picked up on and dealt with.

Could be one of the two things Sumlin was referring to in his presser that Mazzone was trying to hide.
Tamu_mgm
AG
vander54 said:

Could this be one of the issues Sumlin mentioned in his presser. Maybe they have been working on it .
This sounds the most plausible.

By the way you don't need X number of extra assistants to catch these kinds of things on film, especially with the coaching experience Saban himself and his assistant coaches have.

No doubt they exposed this, and Sumlin is most likely aware of which makes sense as to why he mentioned this in the presser.
Bottlehead90
AG
So if Saban is such a genius then why does he feel the need to hire such a large staff?

Citizen Reign
FishingAggie said:

Every team does this. Not a big deal. Players watch other teams to find these tendencies. It's why there's film.

Unexceptable our coaches didn't see it first.
FIFY
beerad12man
AG
That's the genius part. Geniuses surround themselves with the best of the best, no matter how smart they are.
TexAg15
AG
Our coaches know about it. It's probably a speed issue which really can't be addressed now. It's an off-season thing. It's a trade off so he doesn't get beat, as mentioned before.
millertyme
AG
TexAg15 said:

Our coaches know about it. It's probably a speed issue which really can't be addressed now. It's an off-season thing. It's a trade off so he doesn't get beat, as mentioned before.
Commented in the other thread but this was a problem last year. The announcers discussed during the Arkansas game (I believe). Hadn't paid attention this season to see if it was still an issue.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
S.A. Aggie said:

Flexbone said:

So your saying that our coaches could have known about this but decided that the they would either do it anyway or that the other coaches wouldn't notice? Ummm, no.

I think you're acting like all it takes is an awareness that it is happening to get it corrected.

It could easily be that when Avery starts getting tired or getting beat he falls back on this as a crutch and that while Turner has tried to get him to stop, the next best option has enough weaknesses that you can't make the switch.

Everything isn't as easy as "oh, fix this technique on the spot and let's roll".

I'm just amazed at how many folks on here are so self righteous (not necessarily the quoted post) about how easy this stuff is, meanwhile they spend their days toiling around at a desk and making less than 1/2 of what they could if they actually knew how to coach the position.

I'm sure these same folks constantly ***** about people at their office that pretend they could do their own job as well (I know, I know - this is the part where everyone on here points out how they make too much money to get into coaching and how many people they're in charge of and how great they are).
Bottlehead90
AG
beerad12man said:

That's the genius part. Geniuses surround themselves with the best of the best, no matter how smart they are.

So he spends more than everybody
Has more coaches than everybody
Gets the top recruits in the country
Even when players are arrested the charges are dropped.

All because he is a genius

Oh good, I was worried that he might not be a genius and just has more resources and advantages than everybody.

how many titles did he win while at the dolphins?

bigblackag12
AG
JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

S.A. Aggie said:

Flexbone said:

I think you're acting like all it takes is an awareness that it is happening to get it corrected.

It could easily be that when Avery starts getting tired or getting beat he falls back on this as a crutch and that while Turner has tried to get him to stop, the next best option has enough weaknesses that you can't make the switch.

Everything isn't as easy as "oh, fix this technique on the spot and let's roll".

I'm just amazed at how many folks on here are so self righteous (not necessarily the quoted post) about how easy this stuff is, meanwhile they spend their days toiling around at a desk and making less than 1/2 of what they could if they actually knew how to coach the position.

I'm sure these same folks constantly ***** about people at their office that pretend they could do their own job as well (I know, I know - this is the part where everyone on here points out how they make too much money to get into coaching and how many people they're in charge of and how great they are).

Anything they can do to throw more blemishes on summy
ffco
Where is that video of Turner getting down on the ground telling his lineman his stance was a millimeter off?
AggieDub04
AG
I mapped out the first 21 plays of the game. From what I can tell he had is leg back when we had no running back in the backfield or in obvious passing situations (3rd and 14 and 2nd and 10). There were many times his leg was up and we threw the ball. On some of these plays the defensive end took one step and then stopped as if playing run. It's hard to tell if some of these were RPOs. All in all his leg being back is as much a tell of a pass as it being 3rd and 14.

1 Leg is back. No RB. Obvious pass or QB draw.
2 Leg is up. RPO
3 Leg is up, pass play where we don't even run block
4 Leg is back, no RB.
5 Leg is up, sweep
6 Leg is back (3rd and 14) pass play
7 Leg is up run
8 Leg is up run
9 Leg is up run
10 Leg is up run
11 Leg is back (2nd and 15) pass play
12 Leg is up run (3rd and 2)
Second Quarter Harder to tell
13 Leg appears to be up play action pass on this play the DL doesn't get a good push and appears to be playing run so they may be mis-reading the tell
14 Leg is up run play
15 Leg is up bubble screen possible RPO
16 Leg is back (2nd and 10) pass play
17 Leg is up run play
18 Leg is up play action pass
19 Leg is up RPO
20 Leg is up play action pass
21 Leg is up play action pass, possible RPO
rocky the dog
AG
He had a leg up on his opponent.
Flexbone
S.A. Aggie said:

Flexbone said:

What's the other logical possibility?
BowhunterAg83
AG
This is not a big deal. Half the plays are rpo's. 75% of the balance are down and distance predictable based on past history.

First down is the main issue.

Now we can use it to our advantage.

If you execute, it does not matter if they know run or pass.
titanmaster_race
BowhunterAg83 said:

This is not a big deal. Half the plays are rpo's. 75% of the balance are down and distance predictable based on past history.

First down is the main issue.

Now we can use it to our advantage.

If you execute, it does not matter if they know run or pass.

So it wouldn't matter if they knew it was a run and put 11 players in the box?
Ogre09
AG
AggieDub04 said:

I mapped out the first 21 plays of the game. From what I can tell he had is leg back when we had no running back in the backfield or in obvious passing situations (3rd and 14 and 2nd and 10). There were many times his leg was up and we threw the ball. On some of these plays the defensive end took one step and then stopped as if playing run. It's hard to tell if some of these were RPOs. All in all his leg being back is as much a tell of a pass as it being 3rd and 14.

1 Leg is back. No RB. Obvious pass or QB draw.
2 Leg is up. RPO
3 Leg is up, pass play where we don't even run block
4 Leg is back, no RB.
5 Leg is up, sweep
6 Leg is back (3rd and 14) pass play
7 Leg is up run
8 Leg is up run
9 Leg is up run
10 Leg is up run
11 Leg is back (2nd and 15) pass play
12 Leg is up run (3rd and 2)
Second Quarter Harder to tell
13 Leg appears to be up play action pass on this play the DL doesn't get a good push and appears to be playing run so they may be mis-reading the tell
14 Leg is up run play
15 Leg is up bubble screen possible RPO
16 Leg is back (2nd and 10) pass play
17 Leg is up run play
18 Leg is up play action pass
19 Leg is up RPO
20 Leg is up play action pass
21 Leg is up play action pass, possible RPO

You run block (or start to) on play action pass to sell the run.

Looks like you confirmed the tell...
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.