Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The Pulse

5,696 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by EastTexasDeerHunter
RufusAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else watching? Tough week but man Chief gives me chills every time. So proud of our team.
aggiehawg
AG
Great speech by Chief! Love that man!
ClassOf17
This will be the first year I've watched the pulse following a loss.
agsquirrel97
AG
Link

I love that after his TD catch, Reynolds came off the field and called "And 1" on that PI that was ignored.

Some good camera angles I hadn't seen previously - notably the scoop and score, you can really see the fumble and also on Kirk's TD catch he was being mildly molested as well, great concentration and a perfect pass.
LJF78
They try and make it way too dramatic with the slow motion, music and cheesy dialogue.

tjack16
AG
Sumlin's speech after the game was awesome.
texag_89
At the 1:16 mark... was that a half-back pass that J. White was about to launch and if so, why the Hell did we not use it with the overly aggressive Bama D???
texag_89
Dammit.. 3 things after watching that episode:

1. For as good as he has played, that S. Washington penalty really stung.
2. Coach was right after the game... if we take care of business, we might just see Bama again in the Semi-finals.
3. And, C. George needs more playing time... he seems to always be around the ball.

Claud
texag_89 said:

Dammit.. 3 things after watching that episode:

1. For as good as he has played, that S. Washington penalty really stung.
2. Coach was right after the game... if we take care of business, we might just see Bama again in the Semi-finals.
3. And, C. George needs more playing time... he seems to always be around the ball.

I agree. Thought #3 for the last few games.
P.C. Principal
I know lots of people don't watch it after a loss but this one was great
Mr. Black
Nice episode.
AnScAggie
AG
I am proud of this team, the way they play, the closeness they seem to have. BTHO the rest of the season!!!!!
aglaes
AG
texag_89 said:

At the 1:16 mark... was that a half-back pass that J. White was about to launch and if so, why the Hell did we not use it with the overly aggressive Bama D???
I think he was playing J. Hurts on scout.
ClassOf17
LJF78 said:

They try and make it way too dramatic with the slow motion, music and cheesy dialogue.

This was honestly the best episode I've seen.

I love this team. Sumlin is a great coach. You can bet that we'll be in it come December. This group is special.
Cornerback31
AG
That was an outstanding production. The pregame and post-game speeches by the coaches were awesome. Stuff you don't ordinarily get to hear. IMO we got the right coaches and the right players on this team. A special group for a special season.
BeastmodeAg
AG
The pot bangers wont watch this
Sbisa04
Back2Back
AG
Would be nice if you attached a link to it next time. Thanks
coupland boy
AG
Back2Back said:

Likewise.

Guy on a Buffalo
AG
Whoever the girl is that does the commercial breaks is really annoying. Why do females in sports media always try to sound like they have deep voices? Not to mention I can't stand her cadence when she says the word "official". Such a small thing to fix but such a lasting annoyance every time I watch.

Great episode though.
V8Aggie
AG
raging_agaholic said:

Whoever the girl is that does the commercial breaks is really annoying. Why do females in sports media always try to sound like they have deep voices? Not to mention I can't stand her cadence when she says the word "official". Such a small thing to fix but such a lasting annoyance every time I watch.

Great episode though.
Glad I'm not the only one annoyed by this... It helps if you try to picture the face she's making. Who knows, maybe it's Haley
TicoLoco
I dont think I've ever heard Sumlin say "Thats on me!" before......the Chavis effect is growing
SARATOGA
Illegal Contact

Defensive Holding

Pass Interference

They are all largely ignored in the NFL. And the SEC (for secondary players) is the largest feeder of NFL talent.

Nick Saban is a defensive coach, with a specialty for the pass defense. Chavis coached some of the greatest LSU defenses there were. These games were won in the trenches and with the running game. The passing game was mostly irrelevant because of all the non-calls and CBs getting to do almost anything they want.

It is horrible. But it is the way the game is played.

It isn't that our receivers can't get open. It is that they are absolutely mugged while trying to run down the field and before the ball gets there. 1 yard of separation is WIDE OPEN in our league and your QB better be able to hit them, and the receiver better hang on because a rip and strip is coming as they catch it.

A couple of PI penalties a game is worth a basically ineffective passing game in college as the PI penalty is only 15 yards. Our secondary was finally coached to grab, claw, and hold while the receiver is running because it won't be called. Yes we have a few PI penalties per game, but we are an SEC pass defense for sure.
schwack schwack
AG
Great episode but they couldn't take the labels off of Sumlin's cap? Agree with the odd way "official" is left hanging out there by that chick. It's like Pepsi Official is a new product.
texag_89
aglaes said:

texag_89 said:

I think he was playing J. Hurts on scout.

Not the best choice to plaly Hurts, but maybe so.
RufusAg
AG
Back2Back said:

My bad. I was actually watching it live on TV when I made the original post... I think that might officially make me an old. :/
tjack16
AG
TicoLoco said:

I dont think I've ever heard Sumlin say "Thats on me!" before......the Chavis effect is growing
I'm sure he has said it off camera a hundred times before... remember he's around these guys for hours every day. The cameras only show him a fraction of that time. He's probably said that way before he hired Chavis
deadelephant98
AG
Holding penalties really are being let go. It's outright painful to watch Myles fight through pain only to get abused with no call.

I still think that is some of the cost of bias for the media-chosen winners, though. If anyone is old enough to remember when Shaq came into the NBA, he was something totally new in the NBA (like an o-lineman who's mom wouldn't sign the high school permission slip for football so he played basketball) and the media adored him. He was so big that he would post up and just back through people. They would always fall down and he'd have an uncontested dink shot from 2 feet away. The media loved him and charging was never called.
phatbeast
AG
tjholley17 said:

TicoLoco said:

I'm sure he has said it off camera a hundred times before... remember he's around these guys for hours every day. The cameras only show him a fraction of that time. He's probably said that way before he hired Chavis

Shhh...you're ruining the Zoo narrative.
canaAg12
AG
I don't know about the rest of y'all, but the speech by Chief made me want to suit and run through walls over and over again for him. You can tell that man respects the players as his own sons. I am sure his demands are high when it comes to defense, but how can you not want to do everything that guy asks you to do?
texag_89
canaAg12 said:

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but the speech by Chief made me want to suit and run through walls over and over again for him. You can tell that man respects the players as his own sons. I am sure his demands are high when it comes to defense, but how can you not want to do everything that guy asks you to do?

Bingo!!

Some one else said it above, but I really think he is making Sumlim not only better, but he is making Sumlin more accountable as the program leader as well.

Cheif should be with the Ags until he retires - Ath Dept, don't screw that up!!!!!!!
PatriotAg02
AG
TicoLoco said:

Definitely a Chief-ism
EastTexasDeerHunter
I hate bama
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.