Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Great video on Aledo's former coach Tim Buchanan

2,802 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ashley
SamuelJensen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is worth the 8 minute watch... http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/dfwvarsity/titletown-tx/article110543997.html

This guy should have a college job by now.
hunter2012
AG
KDS should go the Bama rout and bring him in as an analyst/advisor.
ZofranAggie
AG
Let me say something about the kind of man Tim Buchanan is:

When I was a freshman at Aledo, I was all of 5'7", 140 pounds sopping weight. I played center (yes) and free safety on the 8th grade C team. Coach Buchanan was always on the sidelines watching us, encouraging us. He could have been watching film, preparing for Friday night, meeting with whomever. Nope. He was always at our games, coaching us and helping us.
Anyway, summer before freshman year started I enrolled in the summer workout program. As a coach, UIL rules didn't allow him to be present during the actual camp, but he was always around before and after. My ride to camp that year was one of the backup runningbacks on the varsity squad. Well, he forgot about me one day and I was stuck at camp with no ride back home. My parents were at work and it was gonna be a while before my grandparents could get me. Coach Buchanan saw me sitting there and offered me a ride in his truck. For a brand new freshman, Coach B offering me a ride was like, celebrity treatment. I was so excited. Here I am, this nobody freshman with nil athletic ability who had nothing to offer him, and he took me home and treated me like one of his varsity starters. He talked with me about creating and starting me on a nutrition and lifting plan to "bulk up" and how he would help me with my snapping and blocking technique. He even picked me up the next morning and took me in to work, right from my front porch.

He is everything good and right about coaching. That act of kindness he showed me has stuck with me to this day, and has influenced how I treat other people. Tim Buchanan is a class act and I'm glad he's part of the coaching profession.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Frisco - Ag
Papa Joe
TechLawAggie
jimscott85
AG
I DARE YOU to watch episode 10 and not get a bit teared up.

After watching that, I don't want this guy coaching college anywhere. His impact is huge where he is. There are high school coaches that would absolutely be great college coaches, but they are more valuable where they are. His impact is felt throughout the community, and he's transforming those kids into men.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
He coached my kids at A&M Consolidated. Good man
SamuelJensen
We need more leaders like this in our schools
FrontPorchAg
hunter2012 said:

KDS should go the Bama rout and bring him in as an analyst/advisor.

Bama went the A&M route. When We joined the SEC Verne said he had never seen a coaching staff with so many consultants.
Spyderman
AG
pepe the dog said:

He coached my kids at A&M Consolidated. Good man
hornsoff
AG
Worked at Consol when Tim was there....He was a LARGE part of our success! GREAT guy!!
bwynne13
AG
Awesome video! Thanks for sharing.

I played 3 sports at Aledo. Although I never played football, he always treated me and everyone the same. He is an amazing guy and truly cares about all his students. I'm glad he's never left Aledo.
dcbowers
AG
hornsoff said:

Worked at Consol when Tim was there....He was a LARGE part of our success! GREAT guy!!

When was he at A&M Consolidated?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggie
AG
He was at Consol 1988-1992

He was on the 1st staff coach Ross Rogers brought to Consol that saw the Tigers make 3 state championship games in a 4 year span and were in the state semifinals the other year.
At that time , Consol was the 1st team in UIL history for any classification to win at least 14 games for 4 consecutive years.
Aggie
AG
Also at the 7:10 mark of episode in OP link.. The old school Consol uniform look he took to Aledo.
ashley
He's an old friend and I can tell you he is as highly regarded as anyone in high school coaching. A quality man.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.