Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The biggest issue I have with the Donovan Wilson penalty (Sorry, I know)

6,332 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TXAggie2011
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What I think needs to happen is that if they are going to be able to review this in the booth with no flag from now on, then coaches ought to be able to challenge that targeting occurred on plays like what happened with Speedy, or Tory Hunter Jr in the ND-tu game.
VikingNik
AG
Man those block in the backs were bad. The one called against us was a complete bullcrap fabrication and theirs was blatant. Bama doesn't need thumbs on the scales when they have nothing but 5 stars playing for them.
Slicer97
AG
Wabs said:

It's clear. A player running with the ball is not defenseless, but a player trying to tackle him is.

Well, if Fournette is the player running with the ball and the player trying to tackle him is an Ole Miss db, that's actually a factual statement.
jimscott85
AG
Had the hit come a split second earlier, we might have had a guy out for targeting and another with broken fingers. That hit came a split second after he moved his hand from the stiff arm.
shalackin
AG
he knows better than to go high like that. It was targeting. It sucked, as it hurt not having him out there, but it was a legit call.
schmellba99
AG
pirmag said:

From that video you can't say the D wilson block was targeting. What I saw during the game looked like he put his shoulder on the defender's shoulder and that there may have been some inadvertant helmet contact.
That is exactly what it was.
BMX Bandit
there is no question Wilson hit him helmet-to-helmet. its clear from the video posted by AgSquirrel
1996OlAg
AG
if Speedy would have stayed on the ground and acted hurt I bet the both would have called it.
VikingNik
AG
Yeah, it was definitely targeting. Dumb move that cost us big time.
farmrag
Moral to this story, if they hit you with crown of their helmet anywhere near your head stay down.
Indignitas
AG
farmrag said:

Moral to this story, if they hit you with crown of their helmet anywhere near your head stay down.

Yep. Saban taught his players this little nugget. My guess is that any of their guys could "fail" a concussion protocol exam on command, too.

Is it so wrong? Every D squad in the country fakes cramps when the coaches feel like an uptempo offense has them back on their heels. And we know that Saban was a big whiner about uptempo offense.
TXAggie2011
AG
Sock Puppet said:

the biggest problem i have with it was that Wilson didn't hit him hard enough to take him out for the rest of the game. 34 came back in the 2nd half.

If you are going for the knock out w the potential to get kicked out for targeting, Make it freaking count. Hit him so hard he ****s his pants.

if you're not going to do that....practice hitting lower on the body.

Dont want our players risking multiple game suspensions to knock a guy out of another quarter or two of a game.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.