Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Harbaugh making 9 million this year

9,667 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Iowaggie
Fonzie Scheme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Clear proof that Sumlin is overpaid and we should hire ____________. /TexAgs
bero88
NyAggie said:

Quote:

The gap between Harbaugh and Saban makes no sense, but, I guess it was a deal made in desperation from Michigan's perspective.

It's proving to be worth it.

yep

best move Michigan has made

bama did the same thing with saban after he tried the NFL - they threw a boatload of money at him and it paid off.

So after we fire Sumlin, does that mean we hire Jason Garrett away from the Cowboys?
MaroonStain
AG
Quote:

bama did the same thing with saban after he tried the NFL - they threw a boatload of money at him and it paid off.

...after his wife gave him the ultimatum of getting another job somewhere else or I leave...
FrontPorchAg
chipotle said:

I mildly chuckled at Strong's $130 "other pay".
University covered stool and podium expenses. Usually listed under misc or ADA expenses.
FrontPorchAg
bero88 said:

NyAggie said:

Quote:

The gap between Harbaugh and Saban makes no sense, but, I guess it was a deal made in desperation from Michigan's perspective.

yep

best move Michigan has made

So after we fire Sumlin, does that mean we hire Jason Garrett away from the Cowboys?
meh,...we should probably hire someone good.
Yell Practice
Too much money for a football coach, IMO.
SARATOGA
It is important to remember that Saban doesn't have any expenses. Bama bought him his houses a couple years ago, etc. There is more to compensation that salary.
vonmazor
Worth every penny. Michigan looks like they are playing on another level. Guy can flat coach and motivate.
BMX Bandit
Yell Practice said:

Too much money for a football coach, IMO.

Obama's plan is working.
Olsen
AG
I like Harbaugh. He is a good coach.
JHCRANE 14
Guess Saban is going to get paid $10mil a year now...Bama just won't have it
HeardAboutPerio
AG
Anybody know Chad Morris salary? If it's not known that's one thing, if it's at the bottom of the list, then that guy is ripe for a steal...

I thought he made mil at Clemson as OC

NM he's making 1.3
OregonAggie
AG
VA_Ag94 said:

What I really want to know is what the $130 of other pay that Charlie earns is for?

Pays for footstools at the pressers.
oldcrow91
AG
chipotle said:

I mildly chuckled at Strong's $130 "other pay".

What is that for?
ag-bq-seventy
AG
VA_Ag94 said:

What I really want to know is what the $130 of other pay that Charlie earns is for?
That's to reimburse him for pain he suffers from the new a$$ the other team ripped him each Saturday.
TMartin
People act surprised that Michigan would pay $9M for Harbaugh. Michigan has a tremendous number of mega wealthy who got their money from the auto industry....old wealth like the NE.

Frisco - Ag
AG
Dabo is best value (or Kelly at 65)

txagssweetie2014
Frisco - Ag said:

Dabo is best value (or Kelly at 65)

Saban is the best value unless you like to play for participation ribbons. Saban is looking to win his 5th title in the last 8 years. Most schools haven't won 5 titles in their lifetime. And I'm not sure if any school has won that many since we went to scholarship limits over 40 years ago.
InMyOpinion
VA_Ag94 said:

Quote:

Probably compensation for one last gift to the Louisville boosters wife
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Why is this a story? Who cares how anyone negotiates their salary?

You seek a job. They offer. You ask what the job pays. You take it or leave it.

Not a penny of that is coming out of our pockets. Why should we care?
Gooder Poster
AG
ashley said:

CJS4715 said:

Not really. Maybe this year it pays off and they actually win the (some?) big games, but thus far it's been a huge payout for him to win the games they always should have been winning. People are fellating Harbaugh the same way they would a t.u. coach with 7 wins over marginal teams.

Congrats on whipping Rutgers, but for $9 mil he better be beating Mich. St. and Ohio St. the way Bama beats Arkansas, etc, and then winning championships.

I'm assuming that $6 million of the $9 million is salary, with the other third going towards his mental health and stability prescriptions. Dude is more psychotic than a starved and chained rottweiler. If he stops winning, then people will make fun of Michigan relentlessly for his antics.
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
p.j. fleck making 816,000.... bout to get PAID
Gooder Poster
AG
Buceesnuggets said:

p.j. fleck making 816,000.... bout to get PAID
I've been saying for 3-4 weeks now that if the cesspool wasn't so arrogant that they would hire P.J. Fleck and laugh all the way to multiple natty's. Guy is a good coach and as good of a motivator as there is right now. Thank god the sips are too self-important to believe he could be their coach.
Iowaggie
AG
12mn95 said:

Why does the Iowa coach keep getting paid so much? I don't keep up with them but is he really that good? Has he won a big 10 title recently?

It's an annual tradition to ask this question, especially by Iowa fans if the team is in the middle of a 7-5 season.

A little trivia with a BDF flair: After Hayden Fry retired in 1998, the Iowa AD had two finalist for the head coach spot. An alum by the name of Bobby Stoops wasn't hired, and the AD hired Ferentz instead.

The name of that AD: Bob Bowlsby.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.