Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

2nd half season predictions

6,696 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AgGermany
Claud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pulling out my crystal ball, below are my predictions for the rest of the regular season:

Texas A&M finishes 10-2 (including surviving a crazy game at Miss St)
Alabama finishes 12-1 (loses to LSU but wins SEC)
Tenn loses 1 or 2 games they should win and does not win the SEC East
Ohio State soon becomes a non factor losing 2 more games and finishing 9-3
Michigan wins the Big 10
Big 12 Champ has at least 1 conference loss, an overall weak schedule but feels they should be in playoffs
Clemson loses to FSU and loses ACC championship game
Texas finishes 5-7 (Texas players hoist Charlie after a come from behind win at Kansas)

What say you?
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Is there a gif of bob barker flipping his golf club & saying "this guy sucks"?
phatbeast
AG
Win out. Auburn and LSU beat Alabama. Win SECCG Go to playoffs. Win NC.
Ian Neff
AG
phatbeast said:

Meximan
phatbeast said:

AnScAggie
AG
Sounds like a plan!!
C Loves L
Youzz cray
fightintxaggie10
AG
We're gonna beat Mississippi state by 4 touchdowns. They're terrible.
Starkvegas
fightintxaggie10 said:

Good luck with that prediction...see you on 11/5
C Loves L
Starkvegas said:

fightintxaggie10 said:

Good luck with that prediction...see you on 11/5

Will you show your face here after the game?
Starkvegas
Hell yes I will. We may not win, but you're not going to boat race us. As horrifically inconsistent as we've been this year, we have been able to run the ball. A&M cannot stop the run. So it should be interesting. And it's in Starkvegas. Good Luck!
C Loves L
Starkvegas said:

Hell yes I will. We may not win, but you're not going to boat race us. As horrifically inconsistent as we've been this year, we have been able to run the ball. A&M cannot stop the run. So it should be interesting. And it's in Starkvegas. Good Luck!

Y'all have ran the ball well against who? Alabama and UT ran very well against us. Both are... "Ranked"

I just looked at the rankings, not sure where y'all are at??
Claud
fightintxaggie10 said:

That's what a lot of people said about South Carolina too.
C Loves L
Claud said:

fightintxaggie10 said:

That's what a lot of people said about South Carolina too.

If we go to Starkville with the same mindset as we did in SC the end result will be similar.

I predict one maybe two upsets this week in the top 10. After the AG's wipe their butts with New Mexico state and an upset or two happens. The AG's will smell blood going into the Miss St game. Which is really bad news for them
phatbeast
AG
Starkvegas said:

yeah, not really. YPC for opponents this season:

UCLA: 3.1
PVAMU: 1.1
Auburn: 4.4
Arkansas: 3.0
SC: 4.6
Tenn: 5.5
Alabama: 5.0

So, sure if MSST runs like Alabama or second-half Tennessee, then maybe. But somehow I doubt that's the case.

(ETA: SC looks bad too, but it's heavily skewed by that one busted play at the beginning of the game. Take that out and it's about 2.5 YPC)
Starkvegas
South Carolina, Tennessee, and Alabama have mobile QB's, and A&M did not shut them down...Nick Fitzgerald has better Rushing numbers than McIlwain, Dobbs, and Hurts...his passing is inconsistent for sure, but he is a great running threat and we're finding some young running backs (Aeris Williams, Nick Gibson ~ both 4 star recruits)...we haven't put more than 2 qtrs together all season...it is going to happen sooner or later...why not on 11/5...Good Luck!
C Loves L
phatbeast said:

Starkvegas said:

yeah, not really. YPC for opponents this season:

UCLA: 3.1
PVAMU: 1.1
Auburn: 4.4
Arkansas: 3.0
SC: 4.6
Tenn: 5.5
Alabama: 5.0

So, sure if MSST runs like Alabama or second-half Tennessee, then maybe. But somehow I doubt that's the case.

(ETA: SC looks bad too, but it's heavily skewed by that one busted play at the beginning of the game. Take that out and it's about 2.5 YPC)

The Bulldogs gave up 262 yards 6.0ypc against Kentucky.

Auburn gave up 3.1ypc to MS State while they averaged 4.1ypc and 228 yards

The mighty UMASS averaged 4.9ypc
Against LSU the bulldogs averaged 1.1ypc the tigers averaged 4.5
Hu11abaloo
AG
Starkvegas said:

South Carolina, Tennessee, and Alabama have mobile QB's, and A&M did not shut them down...Nick Fitzgerald has better Rushing numbers than McIlwain, Dobbs, and Hurts...his passing is inconsistent for sure, but he is a great running threat and we're finding some young running backs (Aeris Williams, Nick Gibson ~ both 4 star recruits)...we haven't put more than 2 qtrs together all season...it is going to happen sooner or later...why not on 11/5...Good Luck!

I don't think the team that's going to be favored by 3 scores on the road will need good luck but thanks! Sorry about your season so far but don't think you're convincing anyone that this game will... even be a game.

Good luck!
phatbeast
AG
Starkvegas said:

Hurts rushed for 4.4 ypc. Not shut down

Dobbs rushed for 3.4 ypc. Maybe not shut down, but not spectacular.

McIlwain rushed for 0.6 ypc. So...yeah.

Which of those teams most resembles MSST?
SARATOGA
Losses to Ole Miss and LSU

TexasAggie_97
AG
I only care about the Aggies and I fear losses to LSU and Ole Miss. I sure hope that I am wrong but our defense has shown major issues the last few games and LSU and Ole Miss are not going to be any easier.
halfastros81
AG
A&M wins out. LSU game close. We beat Ole Miss and all others with relative ease. The one thing our defense does not allow is a lot of points. 26 points to Bama's offense is not shabby. Ole Miss defense is a far cry from the past few yrs.

Bama wins out. Auburn game close but no cigar for Aub. LSU game looks similar to our game with Bama. LSU too one dimensional to have big success against Bama. LSU QB might not survive game.

So that puts LSU losing 2 more games.

Tennessee wins out with relative ease.

Bama crushes UT in SECCG. Bama crushes whomever they face in the playoffs. Michigan is the only team I can see that might give them some trouble.

A&M plays one loss West Virginia in the Sugar Bowl. Wins a close game. Ends up ranked top 5
SARATOGA
For the Starkvegas or lesser mississippi guy....

Though I watched the 2012 and 2013 games I didn't know about the cowbell thing until 2014.

I don't imagine we'll hear any cowbells this year either. Your best player, plays on Sundays for the Cowboys.

You're less relevant than Arkansas, and they're the only college in their state.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Lol @ starkvegas....

Yea sure, it's an sec road game....

But msst straight up blows ass
C Loves L
Could Lat grace our presents in this thread? I feel like his opinion would be very intuitive and informative.
agsquirrel97
AG
Starkvegas said:

I really dislike the term C-Stat, but even my nephew who went to Miss State believes the term starkvegas is the leading cause of boob cancer.
Starkvegas
I hope that your team and coaching staff view this matchup with such hubris...I like A&M, but you're not going to come to Starkville and win by 4 TD's...which was the entire reason I responded to this thread. We've gotten beaten soundly 1 time this year..by Auburn...when they discovered Kamryn Pettway...and they sure have seemed to put some things together...we've lost 3 games on the last play of the game...we're not a good team, but we're not the dumpster fire that many suggest...I'm just saying, you're going to get our best shot...will it be enough to win? I don't know...but there will not be any boat racing...See ya soon.
Joe Exotic
AG
When those 3 losses come to Byu, South Alabama, and Kentucky then yes you're the dumper fire they say.
Aftermath
AG
halfastros81 said:

A&M wins out. LSU game close. We beat Ole Miss and all others with relative ease. The one thing our defense does not allow is a lot of points. 26 points to Bama's offense is not shabby. Ole Miss defense is a far cry from the past few yrs.

Bama wins out. Auburn game close but no cigar for Aub. LSU game looks similar to our game with Bama. LSU too one dimensional to have big success against Bama. LSU QB might not survive game.

So that puts LSU losing 2 more games.

Tennessee wins out with relative ease.

Bama crushes UT in SECCG. Bama crushes whomever they face in the playoffs. Michigan is the only team I can see that might give them some trouble.

A&M plays one loss West Virginia in the Sugar Bowl. Wins a close game. Ends up ranked top 5
We will not win any remaining SEC game, "with ease"......LSU and Ole Miss will be nightmares for our defense and Mississipi State will be a nail biter.....we're good, but so is everyone else
Joe Exotic
AG
Mississippi State is "good" and will be a "nail biter"?
Sharpshooter
AG
Ags better win out. I have a 750 ml bottle of Whiskey coming to me if they do. If they don't I will owe 2 3L bottles of coca cola. I guess i win either way.
Aftermath
AG
They're a lot better than South Carolina....SEC West is a tough place to play and to stay healthy. As a fan base we have always underestimated the bottom half because they have a few losses. Ole Miss has four and we will have trouble staying on the field with them. LSU last some early and they are rolling. If we underestimate State we will get beat. Mullin is a good coach. They won't "lay down"
phatbeast
AG
Aftermath said:

They're a lot better than South Carolina....SEC West is a tough place to play and to stay healthy. As a fan base we have always underestimated the bottom half because they have a few losses. Ole Miss has four and we will have trouble staying on the field with them. LSU last some early and they are rolling. If we underestimate State we will get beat. Mullin is a good coach. They won't "lay down"

They are not a lot better than SC. They're probably a little better than SC. Though they've got a worse record, even taking into account the game they played against each other. I'd imagine it will be the same kind of game. One where we could leave some of our best players at home and still win by two scores.
WGann3
AG
Quote:

when they discovered Kamryn Pettway
I would argue they discovered Pettway against us... He carried it 20 times for 123 against us so it's not like they found him after they played us THAT'S when they went on their run.

But I do think our game against you guys is going to be tougher than most think. Really glad it's an 11 AM game so that the environment is a little more stale than it might be at night. I bet it's a 1-2 score game that we grit out.
Joe Exotic
AG
LSU is rolling after 3 games that include Missouri and Southern Miss?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.