Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

"If Big 12 dissolves...... Texas to SEC" (please let this be a joke)

21,641 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by chigger
P-Dex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://m.herosports.com/news/tennis-wrap-sonoma-state-ita-jensyn-warren-wolfpack-elon-uncw
Pro Sandy
AG
If we get to play them on turkey day again, that's a plus

Beat the hell outta t.u.
chipotle
A monkey can write an Internet. Case in point.
AcctAg11
AG
As long as the SEC is made up of the same current 14 teams, Texas will not join the SEC. They very simply don't have the 75% of votes they need.
wbt5845
AG
P-Dex said:

http://m.herosports.com/news/tennis-wrap-sonoma-state-ita-jensyn-warren-wolfpack-elon-uncw
You know that old saying that a billion monkeys typing for a billion years and one of them will type War and Peace?

That blog entry - 3 monkeys, 10 minutes.
MarathonAg03
AG
That guy's as dumb as the average TexAgs poster.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Pro Sandy said:

Beat the hell outta t.u.

Nope. Never want to play those cheating *******s again. Ef them.
texag84
AG
Won't have the votes - eff 'em
AgsForTheWin
AG
Last count I heard was that we had AT LEAST 36% voting no for tu joining. It's probably higher than that.
MarathonAg03
AG
AgsForTheWin said:

Last count I heard was that we had AT LEAST 36% voting no for tu joining. It's probably higher than that.

What's your source?
bluecouchstudios
AG
It is not an option. We did not leave it to a vote. Texas will not be in the SEC while you and I are alive. "100 Year Decision"
Aftermath
AG
Careful, I started this thread today and Staff deleted
Wabs
AG
The Ags and Missouri wouldn't vote them in. 2 more team and sips wouldn't have the votes. Ain't happening.
bluecouchstudios
AG
P-Dex said:

I don't see the quote at that link. Regardless, it cannot happen.
Kashchei
AG
I thought it had to be a unanimous vote. I can't see the Ags ever confirming the sips.
C2 Ag 93
Pro Sandy said:

Beat the hell outta t.u.
Kidding, right? I'm happy with LSU.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
MarathonAg03 said:

AgsForTheWin said:

What's your source?

My guess is >80% would tell tu to F off.
Aggieair
Pro Sandy said:

Beat the hell outta t.u.

I wouldn't mind playing them again, but not if it's because they joined the SEC.

I'd rather they rot in the BDF.
Reginald Cousins
S
MarathonAg03 said:

AgsForTheWin said:

What's your source?

The gentlemen's agreement between teams that are the only SEC team in their state. They vote with us, we with them.
KeithDBsSock
Dear OP, for God's sake, don't believe everything you see on the internet.

Here's what I want you to do. Go back in time to when we were leaving the BDF. Put yourself there, are you there? Now, remember all the crap you read that there was NO WAY IN HELL THE AGGIES WERE GOING TO THE SEC. Remember all that?

Okay, remember that. Wrap yourself in that blanket of warmy internet BS knowing that there is a lot of internet BS out there generated by nothing but wishful thinking.

Then go to sleep with the blissful, restful tunes of the Aggie Band echoing in your quiet mind. Sleep well. Wake up refreshed and ready to conquer another day filled with internet batfecalmaterial.

schmellba99
AG
Wabs said:

The Ags and Missouri wouldn't vote them in. 2 more team and sips wouldn't have the votes. Ain't happening.

Arkansas and Alabama would be vehemently against them. LSU as well, even if for just recruiting. Georgia and Florida would likely vote no because of in state school potential with them.

I am betting we could get Tenn, Vandy, Auburn, SC and KY to,make,calls to,Colorado and Nebraska for oitside opinions as well.
JustisWalkert
AG
Texas could replace A&M in the SEC if they wanted to. I know this is true because I read it on Shaggy.
Pelayo
AG
Aggies hoping to exchange the advantage of being the only SEC in Texas to play tu on thanksgiving, Self destructive wth?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Olaf
AG
They won't get in for the same reason Clemson, Florida State, Miami and Georgia Tech will never get in...
_mpaul
AG
Their fan base couldn't handle the competition. They are so used to scooting by on the trash teams of the Big 12 that once they played a real slate of teams they simply couldn't come up with enough lame excuses to justify why they can't win the conference.
Ag4coal
Teams that would for sure say no because they've witnessed tu's bs first hand are A&M, mizzou, arky

LSU would most likely say no because they don't need another Texas powerhouse to compete in recruits with (not that we're quite the recruiting powerhouse yet)

Teams that would most likely say no because they also don't want to admit in state rivals in the future in UF, SCAR, UK kinda

That's 7 out of 14. Only need 4. Don't see it happening. And I would hope that we can get at least 4 and send those *******s out west to play 10pm kickoffs 4 times a year.
Spyderman
AG
Pro Sandy said:

Beat the hell outta t.u.
Rocco S
Wabs said:

Arkansas absolutely wouldn't and we'd throw a massive **** fit about it causing others to vote no as well.
Jawbreaker
t.u., I do not believe will get into the SEC.
LSU, Arky, Bama, Mizzu, and A&M do not want to have anything to do with the sips.

Now Oklahoma and Okie Lite on the other hand.......

Rocco S
Pro Sandy said:

Beat the hell outta t.u.

Absolutely horrible post and poster
Bama Backer 1974
S
The votes right now

TexasA&M, Missouri, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina- No.

Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi, Mississippi State, LSU and Arkansas - Hell no!

That is 11 no

Texas is ****ed.

Roll Tide
Agsuffering@bulaw
Let them Freeze out in the Cold!

They decided in 2010 that our game was just another piece in their political scheme. After that, nothing was sacred. They started it. We finish it!
Mr. Black
Not going to happen. Ever.
Old Sarge
AG
Pro Sandy,

Texas to the SEC will relegate us to be the Vanderbilt of the state, compared to Tennessee.

Wake up. Texas is a poison pill, period.

NO!

We are where we are nationally, because we are not attached to them. Screw them, let them ROT.
Snap E Tom
MarathonAg03 said:

AgsForTheWin said:

What's your source?

This is discussed ad nauseam in OR. There is an agreement amongst one state SEC teams to vote with each other to keep other schools in their state out. The Arky AD publiclly confirmed this and probably more. This originated with SC, Kentucky, Georgia, and Florida. It is widely believed that we have joined this alliance.

Second schools from the same state in the SEC brings nothing in terms of cable households but dilute per school revenue.

This is why Clemson, Georgia Tech, FSU, Miami, Louisville, and now Texas will never be in the SEC.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.