Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

When I watched Noil play in the Maroon & White as a True Freshman

5,475 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cedar
Bring n WOOD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought he would be our next Big Superstar.

Now at the middle of his Junior year, it's frustrating that his production is almost non-existent, and his time is quickly running out.

Wish we could find a way to get him plugged in and going.

Sad Sitch is all.
titanmaster_race
IMO, it's all him. Not sure what's going on in his personal life, but he doesn't seem to take his opportunity to put on the maroon and white very seriously.

I hope he has a Von moment and gets it together, because he can be great.
aggiefan09
AG
Would be nice if he wasn't concussed yesterday.
W
AG
Reynolds' targets and RSJ's targets...will be up for grabs next year for someone
Roadhouse
AG
The guy has had to try to grab poorly thrown passes from over 3 QBs the past two seasons.
Claud
Roadhouse said:

The guy has had to try to grab poorly thrown passes from over 3 QBs the past two seasons.
I've seen Trevor hit him right in the hands this season but he often drops it. I personally would be playing Tabuyo over Speedy.
sharpdressedman
He could leave A&M being among "the greatest who never was." Very unfortunate and completely unforeseen if it ends that way.
Roy coy
AG
He should be playing the slot or being a little more creative to get the ball in his hands.
Texafret
RSJ is is a junior... why is he leaving?? He could easily improve his draft stock.
Meximan
Roy coy said:

He should be playing the slot or being a little more creative to get the ball in his hands.
I don't think he gets to call his own routes.
BoxingAg84
iambeastly said:

RSJ is is a junior... why is he leaving?? He could easily improve his draft stock.

He's been here four years already as a RS Junior.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
Roadhouse said:

interesting...it hasn't been a problem for Tabuyo in his limited snaps. Tabuyo seem to take huge advantage of his opportunity with the same QB's as Noil.

Noil is a terrible route runner, and cannot get any separation. It's a Noil problem, not a QB problem IMO. Tabuyou should have been starting over Noil the past two seasons...like reynolds Tabuyo is nothing but consistent when he plays. Blows my mind how coaches stick to talent over actual production. Tabuyo produces, speedy does not.
JimbloFisher
AG
W said:

Reynolds' targets and RSJ's targets...will be up for grabs next year for someone
RSJ's targets are already up for grabs, he just doesn't usually grab them, unfortunately.
zephyr88
AG
BoxingAg84 said:

iambeastly said:

He's been here four years already as a RS Junior.
I don't see this being a high draft stock year for him. I wish him well, but he should stay his senior year and work on his TE skills. He is not an NFL receiver.
BrandoC
AG
Its crazy that he will leave here with his freshmen year being his best. Its more than a huge disappointment.
Spaceball 1
AG
I'd like to see him in the slot. Get our athletes the ball in space. Put Ricky outside, he's not an athlete but rather a big body. Ask him to catch the jump balls.
The Collective
AG
Roadhouse said:

Why isn't this impacting Reynolds?
beerad12man
AG
He's still a quality player for us, but I think it's fair to say he will never live up to his 5 star billing. I wouldn't mind Tabuyo starting and Speedy being our 5th guy. I think he'd be better in the slot anyways.
texag_89
Could it be the wacky weed???

.... jus sayin'

My Dad Earl
AG
Spaceball 1 said:

I'd like to see him in the slot. Get our athletes the ball in space. Put Ricky outside, he's not an athlete but rather a big body. Ask him to catch the jump balls.
He can't even catch balls that are thrown directly to him. How do you expect him to catch jump balls??
Agsuffering@bulaw
RSJ must have received a medical RS from 2013.

RSJ has 11 catches this year. He has never had 600 yards in a season. Has never caught 50 in a season. RSJ is not projecting day 1, if he projects at all. He would be crazy to leave.
Agsuffering@bulaw
I hate to admit this, but my first thought when Speedy got knocked out was "addition by subtraction."

Tabuyo should have taken his job this year. Someone hungry will take his job next year.
czar_iv
AG
The scary part is Speedy will be our most senior WRs next year. I have a feeling Hez Jones and Quartney Davis will be starting over Speedy next year.
TAHotDog
Speedy is the new version of Jeff Fuller....loaded with talent, tries only when he wants to. This is the year we miss having a Ryan Swope type receiver who says "screw the swag, grab a lunch pail"
BayAg14
I think it is partially because the effort is not there. I have seen him quit on his route numerous times this year. He has also dropped passes that hit him in the hands.
czar_iv
AG
Quote:

Speedy is the new version of Jeff Fuller....loaded with talent, tries only when he wants to.
I disagree with that comparison. Fuller made a lot of plays and catches; check his stats. Speedy hasn't done crap; the media and the fans talk more about Speedy than any average A&M WR in the history of A&M football. Speedy has tons of potential, but he hasn't done anything with it. Why Tabuyo isn't starting is beyond me? Jeremy must have ready pissed someone off on the A&M staff because he has had way more production than Speedy in lot less reps.
Post removed:
by user
Mr. Black
Noil is a strange character. As others have said, the kid's super athletic, but he still cannot be counted on to run decent routes and make catches. Tabuyo isn't nearly as gifted, but he runs good routes and actually catches the football. Why Noil still gets the starting nod over Tabuyo is a mystery. I suppose that Noil is pretty effective as a decoy since his presence does draw attention from opposing DBs.
cedar
What roadhouse said. Its a qb problem but keep on defending 50% very inaccurate passer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.