Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Wish the SEC had Clemson instead of SC

4,548 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by halfastros81
FriscoKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Their fans are better, team is better, and they graduate smarter people.
redd38
AG
Well obviously, but you're not supposed to say it out loud in polite society because the South Carolina fans get all butthurt.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
Well obviously, but you're not supposed to say it out loud in polite society because the South Carolina fans get all butthurt.

I didn't say it. We are fine because they can't read.
MatthewRothell
AG
Obligary I think I'm in charge of the SEC comment
The Collective
AG
You don't have to say a damn thing for South Carolina fans to get butt hurt. They just are at all times.
SARATOGA
When we expand to 16 we'll get:

1) Clemson

2) North Carolina or Florida State

Big 10 gets Louisville and Notre Dame

Pac 14 might take Texas & Oklahoma

Big 12 and ACC choose the best 16 teams between the leftovers to form the Meatloaf Conference.

We can finally stop talking about the other small football teams 65+ as they go to division 2.
mlb87
AG
I'm not understanding the logic of adding additional strong teams to the SEC. It seems that we already have enough strong players to guarantee the SEC a spot in the playoff's. Adding more strong teams just makes it more difficult to be ranked highly by the eo the season.
NyAggie
AG
I'm with MLB,

Clemson would be just another team that will prevent us from winning a title.

makes no sense to want every single team in the SEC to be strong.

you need some easier games in conference in order to have a realistic shot at making the playoff.

ntxVol
Clemson had their chance in 92.

The only way the SEC goes to 16 teams would be to add teams from NC/VA.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
We won't add Clemson for the same reason we won't add Texas or OU. It does nothing for the TV markets, and it gives away that state's recruiting advantage by being the only team in the SEC.
Phatbob
AG
I say we we trade Clemson for SC and two B12 teams to be named at a later date.
JimAggie
AG
There will not be a team from an existing SEC state added to the SEC. That means no Clemson, no Florida State, no Miami, no Louisville, no t.u. etc. There is no value add to having those teams because it only weakens current SEC team recruiting. More than likely, the SEC will add North Carolina (or Duke) and Virginia Tech. I would even mind seeing Oklahoma State, but they won't split up with OU.
Sbisa Chef
Send Mizzou back to the Big 12. Trade UK for Louisville. Trade Auburn for Clemson at all costs.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
Send Mizzou back to the Big 12. Trade UK for Louisville. Trade Auburn for Clemson at all costs.

Why auburn? SC is the only fan base that has a chip on their shoulder like tceh did/does.
Sbisa Chef
<sarcasm> Maybe I like Sandstorm. </sarcasm>
8T2
ntxVOL said:

Clemson had their chance in 92.

The only way the SEC goes to 16 teams would be to add teams from NC/VA.
That window is quickly closing. The ACC is now strong in football, in addition to its already strong basketball and baseball teams. I don't see them collapsing.
SidetrackAg
AG
SARATOGA said:

When we expand to 16 we'll get:

1) Clemson

2) North Carolina or Florida State

Big 10 gets Louisville and Notre Dame

Pac 14 might take Texas & Oklahoma

Big 12 and ACC choose the best 16 teams between the leftovers to form the Meatloaf Conference.

We can finally stop talking about the other small football teams 65+ as they go to division 2.

Yeah right, we all know that Clemson and Florida State are headed to the BDF
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Either Duke and NC

Or

Virginia Tech and NC.

Duke and NC add serious viewership, basketball cred, and academics w out it adding another brutal football opponent to the schedule
Harry Dunne
We'd be 4-1
NCTX
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Either Duke and NC

Or

Virginia Tech and NC.

Duke and NC add serious viewership, basketball cred, and academics w out it adding another brutal football opponent to the schedule
UNC is not leaving the ACC. Not going to happen. The ACC is more UNC-centric than the Big 12 is UT-centric.

The ACC is solid, both in terms of quality of play and revenue. No team is leaving. The Big 12 is much more vulnerable.
JTrainsBabyCousin
Agreed with a couple of posters above.. Why would you want to make the SEC that much tougher? Lol.. This thread deserves 2014 Ebola
Hu11abaloo
AG
anyone who thinks the sec is getting clemson or florida state deserves 2014 ebola.
Buford T. Justice
AG
The ACC is a damned good conference.
If I were a leader at one of the member institutions, I wouldn't lead my school to the SEC.
Kceovaisnt-
AG
Making the argument that we dont want a harder field of teams is a point I would hope to be quelshed by the fact that we are in the toughest division in college football and we wouldn't trade places with any other school in other conferences.

With that said, adding teams from in state footprints doesn't make sense with the networks' current distribution agreements. That may be changing very soon.

As for SC, those guys are the most easily triggered fans in the game. Who knew dipping some athletic gear with their logo on it in batter and deep frying it would cause the entire fanbase to go ape***** I also gather from the interactions on cockytalk that they don't understand sattire and are just not all that intelligent. It felt reminicent of idiocracy over there.
45-70Ag
AG
North Carolina would laugh at the sec. if you think Texas has a snobby attitude about academics and the sec, unc is the same way along with uva. Those two will never be in the sec.
DuckDown2013
AG
Would prefer to keep Texas teams out of SEC for recruiting's sake.

Already have to play Bama, lsu,auburn, arkansas, and ole miss every year- We don't need to add another good team to that.

Pelayo
AG
Quote:

Duke or UNC + UVA would be ideal, perfect cap to the conference
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ABATTBQ11
AG
FriscoKid said:

Quote:

I didn't say it. We are fine because they can't read.

Bravo, sir. Bravo.
fistofsouth
VA Tech is my dream as they are an SMC just like A&M meaning the SEC would have the only two public schools to hold that distinction. I think NC State is the best bet to get a presence in North Carolina as UNC (along with Virginia and Duke) runs the ACC.
biobioprof
Irish_Man said:

North Carolina would laugh at the sec. if you think Texas has a snobby attitude about academics and the sec, unc is the same way along with uva. Those two will never be in the sec.
No adjustments to that attitude after the biggest academic cheating scandal in recent memory?
VanZandt92
biobioprof said:

Irish_Man said:

No adjustments to that attitude after the biggest academic cheating scandal in recent memory?

I live here and work at an ACC school. Their answer, the fans and alumni, is basically, "everybody is doing it. "
halfastros81
AG
NC St and Va Tech

not gonna happen anytime soon though because of grant of rights

Been hearing the comments about USCe attitude for a while . Haven't experienced it personally. Iv'e only met one USCe grad and he got his masters from A&M. He was a ****** ....in the workplace anyway.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.