Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Hogs not impressed with MG

15,656 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Red Pill
BrightAg13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=618175.0

quote:
quote:
If we had the ball twice as long that means there would be more opportunity for MG to pad/get stats. He is probably a better player, but this logic is flawed too. The stats are not really apples to apples but it's safe to say Wise is really good as is Garrett.

will be a wasted pick that high...he is small and a pure speed rusher and those kind of guys are a dime a dozen ....the only guy that did the right thing was Skipper when Dan had enough of Garrett standing over AA flexing his muscles...Dan took the little SOB out by cutting him and believe me, there are guys in the NFL who have that down to an art....why do you think Jadaveon Clowney is never well ?
chipotle
I wish I could be fake unimpressed with Arkansas but I'm genuinely not impressed.
GreatSullysGhost
They get to have an opinion again in 11 months.
vander54
S
They double or even triple teamed him all night long and when they didn't he was either altering the play or making the play.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
So Skipper blatantly holds all game and after all that and having Myles beat him several times, the POS takes a cheap shot helmet first dive at his knee. And the Arky fans think that's great.

They are trash.
BaileyAg
AG
They're not Impressed?

Then they're stupid
GetThoseKeysMilo
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Wgaf what they think.... They got smoked
titanmaster_race
They think Myles Garrett is small/undersized????

Holee sheet. They really are dumb AF in Arkansas.
Lungblood
When compared to your average toothless Arky wife who weighs tree Fidy, Myles is indeed "small".
Womackster
AG
They'll still be whining about how overrated he is when he's in the NFL Hall of Fame.
AgPediRPh
AG
quote:
The stats are not really apples to apples but it's safe to say Wise is really good as is Garrett.
Idiots. Plus I remember Wise as the fella who did a jackass dance after getting a HALF sack on Manziel.
supper
quote:
They double or even triple teamed him all night long and when they didn't he was either altering the play or making the play.

Or being held.

If he was officiated by NFL standards, in other words correctly, the opposing team would never complete a pass.
ClassOf17
quote:
So Skipper blatantly holds all game and after all that and having Myles beat him several times, the POS takes a cheap shot helmet first dive at his knee. And the Arky fans think that's great.

They are trash.

They were trash before that
PlanetAggie
AG
Those negative yardage plays Arky had really did a wonderful job of helping dominate the clock.
JM13
They've said he's overrated after every game with A&M and they lose. It sucks to suck
Mysguidednlv
AG
Bwahahaha!!!!! So, that's why Bert had to scheme to double team and chip him with a TE all night. How many shots that Allen took while MG was on the field could be attributed to the Hog O-Line having to direct blockers to his side of the line? I'm sure it's not a small percentage...

They just need to ask their black and blue QB how "erotic" it felt to play against our Defense.
GreatSullysGhost
quote:
They've said he's overrated after every game with A&M and they lose. It sucks to suck
Some of them weren't in high school the last time arky won....
MaroonStain
AG
Scoreboard...five years in a row...
cevans_40
AG
Someone please click the link. OP gets blasted and the rest of the posters are pretty complimentary of MG.
P.C. Principal
quote:
I wish I could be fake unimpressed with Arkansas but I'm genuinely not impressed.
zeromas
They're clueless. I don't know if they are idiots or stupid but they are clueless.
Hell, they probably thought they had a chance to win the other night.

Now, that's funny.

TxAg76
AG
vander54
S
Correct, but I would say 50/50 on impressed/not impressed, maybe 60/40. Here is what one poster said.

quote:
From Pro Football Focus:

"In this week's Myles Garrett watch, the Aggies star defensive end had two QB hits and seven total pressures on his way to a game-high 86.4 grade, helping his team slow down the Razorbacks for an impressive victory. On the other side of the ball, Texas A&M found joy on the ground, as freshman running back Trayveon Williams forced six missed tackles and averaged 7.7 yards after contact on his way to an 83.2 grade."

The game high included both teams graded by PFF. They are considering more than just the stat line. They account for occupying multiple blockers and disruptions.
TxAg76
AG
Fans in general are idiots with most all things football. Including ours.

Their coaching staff is very impressed, and very much concerned about Garrett, and it showed in their scheme.
Drum5343
AG
When it counted, Myles Garrett had several TFL near the goal-line. And Myles was double or triple teamed for most of the game. Even if dumb hick arky fans aren't impressed, Bielema sure as hell was.
Rossticus
Not impressed with the intellectual aptitude of a bunch of inbred pig ****ers trying to fabricate a moral victory.
halfastros81
AG
A few opinions does not count for their entire fan base .

I can tell you this.... The nfl scouts are very impressed.
Drum5343
AG
I'm tempted to sign up for hogville just to post gifs of Garrett getting double teamed and still getting to their QB. Or their left tackle totally whiffing near the goal line allowing Garrett to get a TFL.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Their dumbfoolassery is underrated.
Stone44
AG
What do you expect for a state that's known for chicken plants, Bill Clinton, and Jerry Jones. Arkansas is a bottom feeder of schools and our B****. We own you.
TMF
AG
Well f*ck. I now think Allen sux.
aggiehawg
AG
Hogville is the Arkansas version of the shag. They ban any and everyone who disagree with them in any manner. I was banned after one post wherein I posted Houston Nutt's W-L record, for instance. (They were all aboard the Gus Bus then.)

Now, I'm not saying that site is not representative of the average Hog fan, but I am saying there are a lot of t-shirt fans there. Just like on the shag.
supper
quote:
Fans in general are idiots with most all things football. Including ours.

Their coaching staff is very impressed, and very much concerned about Garrett, and it showed in their scheme.

Garrett is projected to be the first defensive player selected next year in the draft.

I think the NFL might know talent.
. . .
quote:
Hogs not impressed with MG
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.