Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The O-Line

4,159 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JRB78
FlyingSquirrel20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They don't seem to be getting enough credit.

I mean they are one of the least experienced lines in college football but they are taking care of business!

Cant wait to see what they look like as they continue to gel together!
Claud
They have been much better than I thought they would be.

I hope they can keep it up and continue to improve.
Deputy Travis Junior
The OL has already blown away all reasonable year-end expectations, and we're only entering week 5. Turner has really, really earned his paycheck and credit to the players for busting their asses and turning things around.
powerbiscuit
they look to be much improved, as do the D tackles
Ragoo
AG
No disrespect to Mike but it goes to show what beef and a mean streak at center does forthe rest of the line.
halfastros81
AG
100 % agree with OP. Mazzone should get credit too by designing the offense to fit their levels of experience and amount of time working together.

Huge contrast from last year when no one ever appeared to be on the same page.
tusi7095
AG
This group is benefitting from several things as I see it-

• Increased size
  • Simplified scheme
  • Selective use of 3 point stance (I could never understand how we could run short yardage plays from a 2 pt.......just plain stupid)

Pass blocking is the hardest part to get down both in technique and scheme. The first 4 games were always going to be a steep learning curve for this group. But if they could weather that storm and begin to show cohesion, it really begins to open up the offense for TK. Based on last week's performance, we might be pulling in to port.
LPMFTAC_2015
AG
They've gotten some recognition. On one of the SEC Now segments a day or two ago, both commentators (can't remember their names) picked our OL as the best performer of the week/most improved.
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
They have been much better than I thought they would be.

I hope they can keep it up and continue to improve.

x1000000
Rockdoc
AG
Just please fix the snap problem.
GoodAg Paulie
AG
Lanfear will be a NFL lineman in a couple years....book it. He was nasty in HS and stepped right in this year.
GoodAg Paulie
AG
quote:

Yes. Never seen anything like it at this level.
BowhunterAg83
AG
quote:
Agree. Caused a turnover and will again.

Turner has worked miracles with these guys! I am a huge fan of Turner and the OLine. Much tougher.
Maroon Flash
AG
Coach Jim Turner!
TMartin
Turner and Mazzone vs Christiansen and Spavital.........no contest. Looks like the "Hot Seat" has awakened coach Sumlin.
citizenkane06
Sbisa04
citizenkane06
Womackster
W
AG
it's a combination of things for sure.

one of which is an improvement in talent.

as posted several times on the board the last couple of years...regarding the o-line in 2015 and the secondary in 2014...while everyone certainly appreciates the effort and hard work of the upperclassmen...the program needed them to move on in hopes that more talented players could be found to replace them
GoneForGood
Just need to have the center get his snaps down but yes the O-line is much better!
Snap E Tom
While you're all crapping on McCoy, I'd like to point out a few things.

1) The guy is a freshman.
2) The guy was SEC Lineman of the Week against UCLA.
3) The guy is playing the second hardest offensive position. He has to read defenses and call out assignments.

With so few sacks, I'd say he's doing stellar. #3 is much, much harder to teach than fixing snap problems. A lot of it requires intelligence and a great work ethic. I'd say we found a very good future NFL player.
Tursiops93
AG
That's all great! Now while you're down their puckering up, ask him to lower his snaps.
ScoutBanderaAg956
AG
Improve the pass blocking and resolve the high/wild snap problems....give Knight time to set his feet and square his shoulders then he can throw a good ball.
Drake aTm
AG
Jim turner has had the same impact chief did in year 1.

The difference in this years oline and last, is night and day.

Tamu_mgm
AG
quote:
The OL has already blown away all reasonable year-end expectations, and we're only entering week 5. Turner has really, really earned his paycheck and credit to the players for busting their asses and turning things around.
It's incredible how much of a difference a good great OL coach makes.
Tamu_mgm
AG
quote:
Lanfear will be a NFL lineman in a couple years....book it. He was nasty in HS and stepped right in this year.
Love this kid. He's a freaking mountain out there at 6'6, 320, and can really maul guys down.
JRB78
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.