Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Advice on taking (<1 year old) son to first game

8,678 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by wbt5845
EastTexasDeerHunter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
People actually take babies and/or little kids to a college football game in a 100,000+ stadium?
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
quote:
The kid gets nothing from this.

Only reason I would bring him is so he would know he was there for his first season when he's older.
WHY? I went to my first game as a senior in high school. I'm no less an Ag. Leave the poor kid at home. You will enjoy the game more, he will enjoy his day more, and the people sitting around you will thank you.
Liquid Wrench
Gotta get those pics at Kyle for the eventual Yell Leader campaign.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
Kid's going to end up at Tech or Alabama or Old Miss.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
The kid gets nothing from this.

Only reason I would bring him is so he would know he was there for his first season when he's older.
WHY? I went to my first game as a senior in high school. I'm no less an Ag. Leave the poor kid at home. You will enjoy the game more, he will enjoy his day more, and the people sitting around you will thank you.

People are sentimental about weird *****
tvhn005
Child Abuse
Geriatric Punk
AG
I have friends that do this. They want the memories. I tell them they are selfish. Maybe that's just me being selfish, but I'm not taking my boy to a game until he is old enough to care.
saw em off
Really, what's the point? It's like taking him to Disney World right now. He's not going to remember a thing so the "experience" is wasted. Seriously, wait till he's at least 6 or 7.
Sq 17
Another reason to bring a small child is many people have friends that they only see at games who would like to see the child
Liquid Wrench
Must be great close friends.
AggieDruggist89
AG
quote:
Another reason to bring a small child is many people have friends that they only see at games who would like to see the child

Hell no....no interest in seeing any child...
wbt5845
AG
quote:
quote:
Kid's going to end up at Tech or Alabama or Old Miss.
As an aside, I used to do this with my kids - "here's ****, Class of 2011" sounded so cute in 1990.

Then, in 2007, when A&M offered $0 in scholarships and UTD offered a full ride in a better computer science program, it was a no brainer to throw A&M overboard.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.