Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Willis or Harvey?

2,940 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AcctAg11
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who is your CB1?

Who do you have covering the opposting teams WR1?

Harvey seems to have the speed and coverage ability, he just simply cannot make a play on the ball. Especially the deep ball.

Do we think Chavis / Joseph give some of our two's a stronger look for playing time this week? From what I've seen to date, Willis has been better than Harvey. Neither have been great, but Willis seems to be better making a play on the ball. Harvey seems like a confident tackler, so it's a bit surprising he's very shy to make a play in the air.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Both have played very well

kammrath
AG
rbcs_2
AG
I prefer when CBs have a side of the field as opposed to specific guy they are covering. Apart from a few penalties, I think they have both played pretty well.
aggiedent
AG
Harvey's strength: Tackling. He's also fairly darn good at staying with his man.

Harvey's weakness: As you have said, it's what happens right as the ball is arriving. In the Arkansas game, he had several plays where things went bad. Like the end zone 3rd down play that gave Ark a fresh set of downs. He was right there with the WR. When the WR stopped, Harvey turned, then it looked like his momentum caused him to stumble and he just grabbed the WR. Flag.
JM13
He has to have better awareness
The Collective
AG
I think Harvey will continue to get better as the year progresses. Most of his struggles are at the time the ball arrives, and I think his main problem is his size. That disadvantage can be overcome with better positioning which experience will help.
crunchyo
Harvey is playing ok IMO. Yes, he has gotten picked on, but at least he is smart enough to take the 15 yard PI call instead of letting one drop for 40+ yards. It takes a special person to know when you are beat and make a heads up play. If I had one big complaint, it would be to stop giving up the PI AND letting him catch it.
riverrataggie
AG
Harvey is getting picked on because that is the most viable option the offense has. Think about what that means and how far this defense has come. Harvey is a good player but it also says something about our defense we haven't seen in a long time.
ScoutBanderaAg956
AG
The challenge with all of our CB's is we get beat deep early and often then we result in pass interference!
BowhunterAg83
AG
When Harvey is covering a wr on a deep ball, it is like he is playing basketball and rebounding against a 7 footer.

Also, his alignment is deep most of the time and he squats when the wr makes his firs break. Because he is not moving the same speed as the wr, he gets left behind coming out of the break. But he can tackle !

Wilson can be a physical corner on the line of scrimmage, but has a tough time keeping up with a quick wr as we saw against Arkky when he got twisted on a flag route.

Priest has the most CB talent.

Our db's need some footwork discipline. Db coach I had in college would not let this poor technique slide.

What I do like- they all run to the ball every play and will knock your block off! This makes up for a lot of the other.

Our safeties rock!
TMartin
Chief and Joeseph will work it out. If A&M gets a sizeable lead on SC who is next man up to get some reps?
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
I see a general sentiment at Harvey just needs more experience. Didn't he play only one fewer snap than BWill last year. The guy has a tone of snaps at the position in college football. Plus he played some his freshman year. I feel like if he hadn't figured how to get his head around / awareness by now, it's just not going to happen.

Hopefully the arky game will make something click for him.
Pioneer
I was pissed at all the p.i. calls against Harvey until I saw our 92 yard td where Josh got behind their db. I will take a p.i. over a long td.
TAMU74
AG
At some point you have to turn and look for the ball before it arrives while covering the receiver.
AcctAg11
AG
quote:
I see a general sentiment at Harvey just needs more experience. Didn't he play only one fewer snap than BWill last year. The guy has a tone of snaps at the position in college football. Plus he played some his freshman year. I feel like if he hadn't figured how to get his head around / awareness by now, it's just not going to happen.

Hopefully the arky game will make something click for him.

Harris was struggling until the Chief came in. His senior here, he was solid for us. There is still time for Harvey and I dont think he is far off.

I think Harvey's play against Arky was just the result of a great 1v1 matchup for Arky in combination with routes designed to beat man coverage.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.