Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Why we will never compete in the SEC.

7,089 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Squadron7
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Because we wave towels instead of pom poms.
slider676
AG
CentexAg
AG
I actually agree 100% with op. Their is a time for all traditions to end- the time for dude cheerleaders to end was like......30 years ago. But it's just humiliating in the SEC.
Liquid Wrench
What if we shook the towels like pompoms instead of whipping them around to hit our neighbors in the head?
PawPaw Aggie
AG
I don't post a lot, but I need to chime in here. Quit trying to make us like everyone else. Being different is what make us great. The towels are much better than Pom poms or cow bells or anything else. Cheerleaders are for high school. I don't mind female yell leaders. We should do that. But no cheerleaders.
CentexAg
AG
quote:
I don't post a lot, but I need to chime in here. Quit trying to make us like everyone else. Being different is what make us great. The towels are much better than Pom poms or cow bells or anything else. Cheerleaders are for high school. I don't mind female yell leaders. We should do that. But no cheerleaders.

As long as they are in skin tight white spanx instead of karate pants.
JM13
Pom poms are really lame, having yell leaders wouldnt be all that bad if they didn't have lame ass haircuts. Need hot women on the sidelines also,
CapCityAg89
AG
12th Man Towels = awesome
Pom-poms = kiddie

Yell Leaders = awesome
Cheerleaders = kiddie

Hot chicks on the sideline = awesome.

I say 12th man towels in the stands, yell leaders leading yells, and Aggie dance team on the sidelines doing synchronized stuff and looking hot.
pingpro4
AG
quote:
I actually agree 100% with op. Their is a time for all traditions to end- the time for dude cheerleaders to end was like......30 years ago. But it's just humiliating in the SEC.

If you don't like the traditions that make us different from every other school in the country then GTFO and find another school! Don't let the door hit you in the a$& on the way out!
EVA3
AG
quote:
quote:

If you don't like the traditions that make us different from every other school in the country then GTFO and find another school. There are plenty of them out there!
RadAg14
AG
Lmaooooooo
Aston04
AG
quote:

Why exactly is placing attractive women along the sideline reserved for high school? The only reason we don't have them is because we were an all male military college way back when and haven't moved on for some reason. Yell leaders certainly could co-exist with sideline eye candy- they already do in basketball.
thebubbaisin
AG
Predictable replies are predictable
ATM9000
AG
The cheerleaders vs no cheerleaders gambit: Texags tradition since its inception.
TripleSec
AG
What's wrong with jazz hands?
TexAgII
AG
Hasn't worked out well for Steeler Nation either...
TAMC11
AG
I know I can't speak for everyone, especially recruits, but my first yell practice at age 9ish is what made me fall in love with A&M. The yell leaders are one of my favorite parts of Aggie football. But some of the yells, like the bus driver one, have got to go.
CentexAg
AG
quote:
quote:

If you don't like the traditions that make us different from every other school in the country then GTFO and find another school! Don't let the door hit you in the a$& on the way out!

If everybody who felt that a "tradition" was outdated had to hit the road their wouldn't be very many of us left. Should RC have gotten the road when he decided the 12th man kickoff team was outdated or when decided to sing the school song prior to the teams entrance? BTW- your a little outspoken their rook- maybe you should gain a little more experience before running your typewriter.
rshackelford
AG
I realize there's some satire going on here...but if you guys actually think it's the towels and the lack of traditional cheerleaders that have caused our meltdowns you're not paying close enough attention to the big picture. Our problem has not been money, resources, or tradition. It's been some bad coaching hires, poor recruit development (mostly psychologically, our staff has encouraged the diva attitude too much and not focused on selflessness and a team attitude), and overall nobody from staff to players (and fan base) seems to understand how to react to success. It seems like everyone treats wins as an end, rather than a process which explains the tremendous talent, and frequent let downs. They're good enough, and the schemes aren't the problem. It's a lack of effort due to complacency. They/we pat ourselves on the back too quickly and get punched in the nose before the fight is over. Until that culture in the locker room and staff office changes, the results will not change. Our players and staff on paper are good enough to beat anyone we play, we just seem to lose the psychological battle
DeepEastTxAg
AG
quote:
Pom-poms = kiddie

Yell Leaders = awesome
Cheerleaders = kiddie

I say 12th man towels in the stands, yell leaders leading yells, and Aggie dance team on the sidelines doing synchronized stuff and looking hot.

This guy gets it.
Maroon Flash
AG
quote:
Should RC have gotten the road when he decided the 12th man kickoff team was outdated or when decided to sing the school song prior to the teams entrance?

The decision to sing Spirit while the stadium is half empty was a big mistake that should be corrected.
supper
Because we don't cheat....
CentexAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Pom-poms = kiddie

Yell Leaders = awesome
Cheerleaders = kiddie

This guy gets it.

Sounds like a reasonable compromise
PawPaw Aggie
AG
Quote:

Why exactly is placing attractive women along the sideline reserved for high school? The only reason we don't have them is because we were an all male military college way back when and haven't moved on for some reason. Yell leaders certainly could co-exist with sideline eye candy- they already do in basketball.

As I said, female yell leaders are great and I would also agree to dance team. I have no problem with hot girls on the sideline. But as others have stated so well, cheerleaders are lame. Yell leaders are unique.
Deadwood
AG
quote:
Pom poms are really lame, having yell leaders wouldnt be all that bad if they didn't have lame ass haircuts. Need hot women on the sidelines also,
I agree. I'd like to see us keep the yell leaders but have something like the dance team that doesn't actually lead cheers but provides hot ass for the rest of us.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
STAFF DELETE THREAD. BAN USER. THIS IS AN OFF-SEASON THREAD AND IT'S F***ING GAMEDAY!!
aggieband 83
AG
quote:
PawPaw got it right. I would add keep the flag girls at Reed.
Agwinner03
AG
We will not compete until we get Nike uniforms
Jarrin' Jay
AG
They aren't Pom-Poms, they are shakers...
JM13
Gold jacket, green jacket who gives a ****
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Can't believe people are taking this seriously. I was obviously joking.
milner79
quote:
quote:

tx1c
AG
Guys who demand 'hot girls' on the sidelines simply can't procure for themselves an enviable date to the game.
marble rye
AG
More cowbell!

(Not. That **** is annoying and sounds like 2A high school ball.)
cisgenderedAggie
OP is not a cretaceous level poster.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.