Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Found Ring, Class of '99

9,862 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by C Loves L
Funk12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I posted in the San Antonio Board, but wanted to also post here for more exposure:

Found Aggie Ring.

Class of 1999, Eli Chavez.

I will be mailing it to the Former Students Association this week.

If this is your ring hopefully they will be in contact with you soon! If you know this person, please let them know!

Thanks and Gig'em.

http://imgur.com/rMhBZ4u

http://imgur.com/NZyFppq

Edit: I am an Ag. I am aware of found and lost rings all the time, and when I found out my friend had it and they asked me to get it to Cstat I offered to do so. I can only imagine how upsetting it is to lose your ring. I knew that people post for lost/found rings on here, and I had hoped that maybe the owner perused these boards from time to time and would see that their ring was found.

Edit 2: I have contacted the FSA, and I will put it in an extra felt box I have, put some bubble wrap around it, and strap that bad boy in a box and have it taped to the dickens and on the road tomorrow! I'll update with photos too!
Bird Poo
AG
Thank you for doing this! Are you an Aggie?
Funk12
Of course! I was recently informed of it by a close friend of mine and they asked me if I was going to be in Cstat anytime soon. I said no but that I knew you can put it in the mail and the FSA will contact the owner and get it back to them. I know if I had lost my ring I would hope someone would do the same.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Good Bull
Post removed:
by user
Papa_Blaze
whatthehey78
AG
Agree - good bull. Not mine and I do not know the owner...but am curious, how and where you found it???
sbs
AG
Good bull
Funk12
Friend of mine found it and had forgotten about it. They had asked me how to get it back to Cstat/the FSA, and asked if I would get it there. I said I would.
Flashdiaz
AG
if you're not an aggie...

good bull = good job ol' chap

if you're a southern gentleman

ahlongslide
AG
His LinkedIn Profile
chipotle
ebay
Terk
AG
nicely done
SouthTex99
AG
Great job. Get it back to it's owner.
EFighter
AG
AgsForTheWin
AG
Woa
TecRecAg
AG
Another successful TexAgs hook up
EFighter
AG
Yeah no kidding... Texags wins!

@Funk12 - Let me know how you want me to contact you so we can work this out.
Funk12
Efighter if so, like I said I will be shipping it to the FSA this week, probably tomorrow. I figured it would be the best option, and to ensure that it actually gets to you, the owner (If you are who you say you are). I live and work in Houston, and won't be back in San Antonio for some time. I realize that Cstat is as much out of the way and a distance, but I want to be certain it gets back to you (Again if you are Eli!) lol.

Edit: I have contacted the FSA, and I will put it in an extra felt box I have, put some bubble wrap around it, and strap that bad boy in a box and have it taped to the dickens and on the road tomorrow! I'll update with photos too!
Hobbes01
AG
It took 36 minutes...awesome.

I would still get the FSA involved and/or TexAgs staff to ensure true identities before mailing - but I'm just paranoid like that when it comes to something as precious as an Aggie ring.

Good bull Funk12.

Edit - doh, you beat me to it Funk.
Satellite of Love
quote:
Funk12, Dude, that is me I am Eli Chavez! OMG. I tried to PM you but it wouldnt let me send it to you.

You cannot PM people who don't have a star.
Funk12
Yeah I don't post on here enough to really have all the access to the site. I figured Texags of all places would be the best place to locate you!
Rock1982
AG
Awesome!
EFighter
AG
@Funk12 - Awesome. well thanks for being a good Ag. I do appreciate it. I look forward to my call from the Association.

If you dont mind telling me how did the ring come to be in your possession? Pawn Shop? Like i said it was stolen from me 6 years ago.

Funk12
One of my SO's friends had it (I do not know how they came to be in possession of it), and she asked if she could have it (she's an Ag also). Neither of us know how they got it, nor do we care. She told me about it (She lives in SA and I in Houston) and asked if I could figure it out. And I said I would.
Funk12
No worries man, like I said I know if it happened to me I would hope someone would do the same!
JPK89
AG
Very very good bull.
ktweaverbird
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
Good stuff.
AggieImpact
AG
6 years apart from one another, only to be reunited after 40 minutes of a TexAgs post.

Still a better love story than Twilight.
Squadron7
Post removed:
by user
Squadron7
AG
I love a happy ending.

EFighter
AG
@Funk12 - well man thats great. Yeah i dont really care how i just thought it would be a good story but either way i get my original ring back!

Whoop!

Thanks again and good to know there are so many good Ags out there.
Funk12
I will update with photos in the morning of when I ship it.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.