Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

UCLA Flyover

13,632 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by CajunAg86
flyingaggie12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure how many will be here yet but I just got word that the Flyover will be performed by some F22 Raptors!

SpiderM85
jtamuk5
AG
Did Rojo tell you this?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
Did Rojo tell you this?
MF Barnes. He's flying one of the planes.
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Did Rojo tell you this?
MF Barnes. He's flying one of the planes.

But only because he designed it.
Hulla Baller
AG
Thanks, Obama!
Lateralus Ag
AG
MF Barnes: The hardest working man in aviation.

I wonder what his new sock is? You know he's lurking out there somewhere.
SlackerAg
AG
The F35's not ready yet?
JimbloFisher
AG
quote:
Did Rojo tell you this?

One of these is the plane that Spurrier was coming in....before the "thing" happened
mpaggie06
AG
Oh **** yes.
suburban cowboy
AG
Can't wait
Sharpshooter
AG
It would be cool to see them go vertical and stand still on their tails right over the stadium.
BCO07
AG
quote:
The F35's not ready yet?

Outstanding
aggiebrad94
AG
Can they bring some of that snow with them?
crowman2010
AG
Will Chris Pratt ride a flying motorcycle in front of them?
ftworthag02
AG
I get a f35 flyover weekly when I take a break at the west side Fort Worth QT by Lockheed. Pretty amazing
94DallasAG
AG
quote:
I get a f35 flyover weekly when I take a break at the west side Fort Worth QT by Lockheed. Pretty amazing

7-11 > QT

ATL Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

7-11 > QT

Could not disagree more. QT customer service is second only to chick-fil-a.
Post removed:
by user
ftworthag02
AG
I would love to support a Dallas company but QT customer service and food & drink choices are second to none. Didn't realize they are from Oklahoma. Might reconsider
GarryowenAg
AG
quote:
You work at QT? That's cool. I stop by the store all the time before heading on base. I'll make sure to look for you the next time I'm in.
ftworthag02
AG
Ha! I just reread what I wrote. I need a vacation! Next time look for a white tundra w/ a&m stickers
oscareduardo32
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

7-11 > QT

Could not disagree more. QT customer service is second only to chick-fil-a.

Country Cousins or gtfo
Allsup's burritos and chimis
The Real Maroon Blood
AG
We need LOUD planes for the flyover. Best flyover EVER was the OU game in 2000....two B-1s with the afterburners on. The whole place shook. A B-2 flying over sounded like a Prius driving by. lol
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
The B-1 fly-over was cool.

There were a couple of others that I think were better - I don't remember which seasons or games, an old Ag here - but there were a couple of F-18s that did a fly-over soon after the Zone opened, kicked in their afterburners and that sound bounced around inside Kyle. Another was a flight of 4 F-15s some time back in the 90s, I was sitting on a low row on the third deck, alumni side; the Eagles were so low that I could make out the actuators on their flaps and ailerons as they zoomed by with a whole lot of noise.

I am not able to make it for the game this weekend, but would love to see a Raptor fly-by.
IronRed13
AG
One especially loud flyover that I remember was maybe 2007 OSU a couple F16s completed the regular fly over but circled back and one by one kicked vertical over the zone with afterburner.
MouthBQ98
AG
B1B flyover was really kick ass. It is deceptively big, and has 4 after burning engines. It can be very loud.
texag86
AG
Which date is the military appreciation game this year?
texag86
AG
Nvm it's Nov 12 against Ole Miss
tk for tu juan
quote:
We need LOUD planes for the flyover. Best flyover EVER was the OU game in 2000....two B-1s with the afterburners on. The whole place shook. A B-2 flying over sounded like a Prius driving by. lol

Yep, due to the B-1 flyover and following crowd reaction you could not hear FTAB playing the first half of the war hymn.
HTownAg
AG
quote:
One especially loud flyover that I remember was maybe 2007 OSU a couple F16s completed the regular fly over but circled back and one by one kicked vertical over the zone with afterburner.
Was just thinking the same thing, had tickets in the Zone for that game and still remember how incredibly loud it was with the afterburners on.
479ftrgrp
One of the best, but not the loudest, was an Apache Attack helo that did a show on a foggy night at the south end of the stadium, long before the video board was there. Never heard the thing coming and it just moved back and forth with vapor wash coming off the rotors due to the high humidity that night. Very impressive.
thisguy05
AG
Can you see a flyover from under the westside awning?
IronRed13
AG
quote:
Can you see a flyover from under the westside awning?
Depends on your row. The first 5-10 rows no issues. Any higher you're not seeing the jumbotron or flyover. My seats are last row against the fence. We stay down for the NA then walk up after so we can see flyovers and what not.
flyingaggie12
AG
It looks like there will be 4 of them! That should be able to shake the stands haha.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.