Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

No Standing on Bleachers in Kyle?

16,150 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 91AggieLawyer
chickencoupe16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm currently at Kyle waiting to pull tickets tomorrow and there's a sign that says "step of wood - stand on concrete." Also on the sign is a reminder about the clear bag policy and another to "beat the heat - hydrate." Does anyone know if off the wood is a suggestion like hydrating or a rule like the clear bags? I'm genuinely curious. I'm also slightly concerned that ushers might misinterpret this into a rule even if it's only a suggestion.
A is A
AG
If it's a rule it's a dumbass rule. Good luck getting 25-30k students to not stand on the bleachers.

The things these administrators come up with, I swear!
chipotle
I kind of want to stand on the bleachers now.
Thisguy1
Why are you already at Kyle? Ticket pull is randomized.
AggieArcher17
AG
What this guy said^ bet I get better seats than you and I'll show up tomorrow at noon
AFDave13
AG
quote:
Why are you already at Kyle? Ticket pull is randomized.
Not really...they start at the best seats of each deck, then get progressively worse the later you pull.
dchack1971
AG
Probably trying to help them soften their screw up in the new zone club east sections where standing on bleachers in the sections next to it was not factored in to the design
zephyr88
AG
A&M continues to get more flaccid every year. The east side of Kyle should rule itself.
Thisguy1
Negative. Can't tell you how many times people pulling in front of us, pulling equal or more tickets, have gotten top 10 row 2nd deck while we get the very last row. It happened every time we pulled 2nd deck 2 years ago.
chickencoupe16
AG
It's random, to a degree. Sure, row and seat numbers are random, but the earlier you pull, the closer to the fifty you get. It's not much, but it's something. Also, I won't wait in line tomorrow when I wake up at the front. I hate waiting in line. Similar to traffic. I'd rather take longer to get somewhere than sit in traffic. Besides, I enjoy camping out. But, uh, back to the thread...
chickencoupe16
AG
You post what you get, I'll post what I get. Bet you don't.
Thisguy1
If someone has some legit info on how ticket pull isn't randomized, I'd love to see it. Im not exaggerating when I say I've never gotten good seats in the 2nd deck while pulling on the 1st or 2nd day of ticket pull. All the while people pulling after me that I know getting much better seats than us.
aggiefan09
AG
Everybody knows the workers get 1st row second deck every game.
Aftermath
AG
Ben Franklin will get you better seats!
Post removed:
by user
Dad-O-Lot
AG
I thought they were aluminum, not wood.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
dp
TexasAg 2018
AG
Gotten 2nd deck 1st row 50yrd line and I was the first in line on monday. Its only minimally randomized. It is possible to get screwed if you have 8-9 people.
chickencoupe16
AG
I also got 1st row, 2nd deck, 50 yard line and I was very obviously 1st in line.

Back to the original spirit of the thread. The tickets themselves have a line at the top that says "Step 'off the wood' - Stand on the concrete." It's looking more and now like a rule rather than a suggestion...
DevilD77
AG
Damn new army! Stepping on the wood used to be a senior privilege!
AgCat93
AG
Billy Pickard isn't around anymore to test benches and have repairs made before the season.
The Collective
AG
So, now freshman chicks are going to scream "off the wood" for the entire game? Sounds like fun.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Pussification of Texas A&M
AggieSouth06
quote:

How? This is money-related. Those f***ers are expensive to replace and have to be replaced often when a bunch of fat students are riding them for 4 hours.

I don't like it either but it financial, not political. Standing on bleachers isn't more manly than standing on concrete.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Students will have to find something else to police each other on rather than watching the game
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
quote:
quote:

How? This is money-related. Those f***ers are expensive to replace and have to be replaced often when a bunch of fat students are riding them for 4 hours.

I don't like it either but it financial, not political. Standing on bleachers isn't more manly than standing on concrete.

This university has been sold out like a cheap pathetic ***** the past 5-10 years....

If this is financial cop out, then I'm even more disgusted....

Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Wait, why is standing on the concrete more "*****" than standing on bleachers?
chipotle
quote:
quote:

Then sell it that way. "hey, please don't stand on the bleachers cuz they're spensive" and not resort to "let's start a new tradition ags or E.King Gill will turn in his grave".
Astrobo
AG
Is there any wood seats left on east side? I thought all bench seating was changed out to aluminum benches during the renovation.
annie88
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

This university has been sold out like a cheap pathetic ***** the past 5-10 years....

I get it and I did it as a student, so completely understand on one hand. But if one day those things go down and over and people are hurt and one of them is you, you might not feel that way.

Just because you feel it's not YOUR money that goes into building and maintaining the stadium, doesn't mean you have to be a **** about it. Other than you've told that's what others do, there's no real advantage to standing on them. You've just convinced yourself that you won't be cool or an Aggie if you don't.

Sometimes thinking about other things besides yourself can be okay too.
The Collective
AG
People are less likely to sit on concrete... now that aluminum bench is going to be calling people's names as the heat starts to intensify, and there won't be someone standing on the seat to keep them from sitting.
adamrod
quote:
That's a little mean. Who-res have feelings too you know.
Liquid Wrench
quote:
Billy Pickard isn't around anymore to test benches and have repairs made before the season.
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
Probably trying to help them soften their screw up in the new zone club east sections where standing on bleachers in the sections next to it was not factored in to the design
Oldest urban legend of all time.... Used to be that "sawing varsity's horns off" "wasn't factored into the design."
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I get it and I did it as a student, so completely understand on one hand. But if one day those things go down and over and people are hurt and one of them is you, you might not feel that way.

Just because you feel it's not YOUR money that goes into building and maintaining the stadium, doesn't mean you have to be a **** about it. Other than you've told that's what others do, there's no real advantage to standing on them. You've just convinced yourself that you won't be cool or an Aggie if you don't.

Sometimes thinking about other things besides yourself can be okay too.

Cool points are important

Smoking cigs are also a good source for cool points
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.