Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Glad we whiffed on this one

5,956 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by dixichkn
dixichkn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
sounds more like Baylol material to me

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2016/08/torrodney_prevot.html
TexanJeff
AG
I wish he would have come to A&M, been an awesome player, student and human being and went on to a great adulthood in any number of professions.

We don't always get what we want.
TXAggie2011
AG
Sounds like Oregon is taking it seriously and doing the proper investigation. That's where Baylor failed.

Otherwise, we can't cast stones about having players who don't show respect for women. At least not right now.
dixichkn
AG
Walker is gone. As well he should be, from all indications. No hypocrisy here.
texag0928
I'm starting to think they are all a crapshoot...just sayin'
crunchyo
Not gonna lie...I really wanted Prevot.
ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious
quote:
I wish he would have come to A&M, been an awesome player, student and human being and went on to a great adulthood in any number of professions.

We don't always get what we want.

Well, ok, but you can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find that you get what you need.
monarch
S
God provides...
inch05
AG
Basically, I think he backed off of us bc Daeshon committed. I didn't mind back then and now it definitely seems like we are way better off.
Bird Poo
AG
Why are college football players so damn rapey nowadays? I wouldn't ever want my daughter dating one.
wxguy95
AG
quote:
Why are college football players so damn rapey nowadays? I wouldn't ever want my daughter dating one.

Nowadays? It is possible it was been this way for some time and just coming to light.
TMartin
Oregon has Nike money and sorry to say if they need this kid his accuser suddenly drops the charges ($$$$) and it gets swept under the carpet.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:

They aren't anymore rapey now than in the past. It's just that with social media everything gets out immediately and, more importantly, it has become more 'acceptable ' for women to come forward. Basically, victim blaming has finally started being less of a thing.
GreatSullysGhost
Nike money is nice, but A&M has Roku money.

We have plenty of room to talk about this issue. The incident with Walker met with immediate suspension and I imagine as soon as the investigation runs its course, formal dismissal from the program. The response was instant and appropriate.
dixichkn
AG
quote:
quote:

Nowadays? It is possible it was been this way for some time and just coming to light.
Butthole Surfers addressed this 20 years ago......."then there was the ever-present football player rapist"

funny, the song was called "Pepper". (Hamilton?)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.