Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kenny Hill

17,468 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ags06Win
SigAg6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trill
ElephantRider
AG
Rooting for him. By far the most talented of the three that left, IMO. He's the only one I wish we still had.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
You mean if senior QB's looks better than underclassmen QB's, the coach is terrible?

You mean the same Kenny Hill who has barely played a snap since he transferred. Yes if you have talented QBs and can't keep and develop them you are doing something very wrong. Even Mike and Mike took a crack at A&M this morning how every transfer QB seems to be from A&M.

Oh you are right. So by that logic, if Trevor Knight plays well this year, Bob Stoops must be a ****ty coach. Jimbo Fisher must be a ****ty coach, because Coker went to Bama and won a Championship! Urban Meyer must also suck, since Cam Newton ended up at Auburn.

People transfer for a myriad of reasons. And guess what, most of them are better QB's their senior years than their freshman. Blaming the coach for a freshman QB playing like a freshman Qb is idiotic. But please, continue on with you agenda.
I want to buy you a beer if you're in College Station Labor Day weekend.

Always down for that.

Wildcat
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
If Allen and Hill go on to be successful it just makes Sumlin look terrible.

You know how I know you aren't being paid to think.

The insults used against anyone that has a negative thing to say about Sumlin are laughable and almost always boil down to different versions of ad hominem.

Carry on. You're entertaining.

Oh please. There is no litany posts from me goal tending for Sumlin. The anti-Sumlins remind me of the irrational anti-Slocums, anti-Frans, and anti-Shermans. Even when something good happened, they always feel compelled to run to the zoo and remind everyone about how bad it "really is". You know, because they are the self-appointed "realists" that police the board and keep the maroon kool aid consumption at a healthy level.

Sumlin shares a great deal of the responsibility for the number of highly recruited QBs that have transferred. What they do in their time after A&M changes none of that. It was an ignorant comment. It deserved to be ridiculed along with whomever posted it.

SquirrellyDan
AG
quote:
Kenny
Ragoo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You know how I know you aren't being paid to think.

The insults used against anyone that has a negative thing to say about Sumlin are laughable and almost always boil down to different versions of ad hominem.

Carry on. You're entertaining.

Oh please. There is no litany posts from me goal tending for Sumlin. The anti-Sumlins remind me of the irrational anti-Slocums, anti-Frans, and anti-Shermans. Even when something good happened, they always feel compelled to run to the zoo and remind everyone about how bad it "really is". You know, because they are the self-appointed "realists" that police the board and keep the maroon kool aid consumption at a healthy level.

Sumlin shares a great deal of the responsibility for the number of highly recruited QBs that have transferred. What they do in their time after A&M changes none of that. It was an ignorant comment. It deserved to be ridiculed along with whomever posted it.

to be fair, these two coaches made being "anti" coach cool, popular and justified. Ten years of that mentality is like stockholm syndrome for any coach thereafter.
Ag98and03
AG
good for Kenny! Hopefully he has a fabulous year.
fieldtrailer
AG
If Mike and Mike said it, shut this f*****g thread down!!!!
Agsuffering@bulaw
In CFB the buck stops with the HC, unless the program is located in a recruiting desert and/or the fans do not spend enough on facilities/coaching salaries. The HC is a dictator with total control, as long as he wins.

Sumlin brought in a bunch of turds and created an undisciplined environment. Trill acted like a punk because Sumlin allowed it.

Then Sumlin treated Allen like crap. I understand open competitions. Lying about the injury was disrespectful.

And Kyler was/is a little tittie baby with a helicopter dad. Until kids like that change their tune, you need to leave them alone. I get that Kyler was a legacy. But all Sumlin had to do was issue a press statement explaining all the special treatment that Kyler and Kevin wanted, and why the offer was pulled until they dropped the demands.

QBs transfers are usually upperclassmen unlikely to start: Jameil Showers, Matt Joekel. But 3 underclassmen transfers in 2 years is a HORRIBLE indicator.

Hopefully KDS has learned. We will not know for several years, if at all.
Agsuffering@bulaw
And I am NOT ready to sell on KDS. KDS can recruit without going all Hugh Freeze. This year should answer a lot of questions.
cecil77
AG
quote:
quote:
Kenny had a hard time living in JFF's shadow. Which would be hard for any young QB.
Kenny's problem was not living in JFF's shadow but attempting to follow in his footsteps. Unfortunately, he got burned up by the Fireball.

This. And Manziel was allowed to get away with all he did because he produced on the field. Classic case of unintended consequences, which the program has paid for since then. Hopefully that's over now.
Bob Harris
Of all the QBs who imploded on us over the last couple of years, Hill is the only one who gets my sympathy. He's not the first poor ******* who followed a superstar and couldn't handle it. I hope he's caught his breath and has a great career there.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
quote:
Then how does Manziel winning a Heisman and then flunking out of the NFL look on Sumlin?

If by Sumlin you mean Spav then sure.
Poodlebrain
quote:
quote:
You guys really don't think the head coach is somewhat at fault when 3 highly recruited QBs transfer in a span of 2 years. If it is proven that those QBs are really successful and it says a lot. Trevor Knight transferring as a graduate senior in totally different than 2 fish and a sophomore transferring. Knight lost his job and would never have started at OU again.
one was a drunk here, one was a ***** who didn't want to compete, one was a scrawny primma donna who thought he was way better than he actually was. So, no.

Do you think JFF only started partying after he left A&M? Sumlin tolerated JFF's behavior, and the "drunk" witnessed it. Sumlin most certainly had a role in Hill's troubles at A&M, and as head coach he should be accountable for everything since he has the authority to establish and enforce standards for the football program, and its players. Fans who espouse the Army traditions at A&M are hypocrites if they excuse Sumlin. Commanders are always accountable for the conduct of their subordinates.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
You guys really don't think the head coach is somewhat at fault when 3 highly recruited QBs transfer in a span of 2 years. If it is proven that those QBs are really successful and it says a lot. Trevor Knight transferring as a graduate senior in totally different than 2 fish and a sophomore transferring. Knight lost his job and would never have started at OU again.
one was a drunk here, one was a ***** who didn't want to compete, one was a scrawny primma donna who thought he was way better than he actually was. So, no.

Do you think JFF only started partying after he left A&M? Sumlin tolerated JFF's behavior, and the "drunk" witnessed it. Sumlin most certainly had a role in Hill's troubles at A&M, and as head coach he should be accountable for everything since he has the authority to establish and enforce standards for the football program, and its players. Fans who espouse the Army traditions at A&M are hypocrites if they excuse Sumlin. Commanders are always accountable for the conduct of their subordinates.

Lol. Elite football players get to do what they want. If you want proof of this, look no further than Emmitt Smith under Jimmy Johnson.
Wildcat
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Statements about accountability are generally meaningless. How, exactly, would your thirst for accountability be quenched? Dock his pay, 30 lashes, the stocks, what? Or maybe just unabated internet bellyaching will do.
DayAg!
S
I always thought Kenny could have been good here, apart from his drinking problem. I hope for his sake he does good and keeps away from the bottle. He just wasnt ready to be disciplined enough to find his way here.
BowhunterAg83
AG
quote:
You mean if senior QB's looks better than underclassmen QB's, the coach is terrible?
Exactly. These guys played too early!
fightinag
Im thinking he'll play great and prove just how f'd up our offensive coaching was last year !

WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR
W
AG
Kenny should do fine because only 1 or 2 teams in the BDF play lockdown man-to-man coverage.

he'll see a lot more of that South Carolina 5 & 10 yards-off-the-receiver zone
bluecouchstudios
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Kenny had a hard time living in JFF's shadow. Which would be hard for any young QB.
Kenny's problem was not living in JFF's shadow but attempting to follow in his footsteps. Unfortunately, he got burned up by the Fireball.
This. And Manziel was allowed to get away with all he did because he produced on the field. Classic case of unintended consequences, which the program has paid for since then. Hopefully that's over now.
No player should ever see the field doing what Johnny did in 2013. The consequence was Johnny's health and future seasons. If he had been suspended, he likely would have been healthy and back at A&M in 2014. This is why his parents wanted him to come back and I'm fairly certain it's why Paul Manziel was so mad at A&M/Sumlin. For all the sh** people give him, he was angry that his kid was not disciplined for his actions.

I know people were incensed by Meacham's comments. I wish Kenny would just tell the story. Maybe if he has success this season, he will have a big enough audience to do so.

bluecouchstudios
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Left A&M? I'm not confident Johnny left some of the pre-game meetings sober. Pretty sure we can all agree that would be on Sumlin.
Mort Rainey
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
No player should ever see the field doing what Johnny did in 2013. The consequence was Johnny's health and future seasons. If he had been suspended, he likely would have been healthy and back at A&M in 2014. This is why his parents wanted him to come back and I'm fairly certain it's why Paul Manziel was so mad at A&M/Sumlin. For all the sh** people give him, he was angry that his kid was not disciplined for his actions.

I know people were incensed by Meacham's comments. I wish Kenny would just tell the story. Maybe if he has success this season, he will have a big enough audience to do so.

There is zero chance he was coming back in 2014, no matter what the situation was. He and his family wanted out as bad as possible. That's just a straight up fact. Paul trashed A&M in the Wright Thompson article and in private many times, blaming them for Johnny's situation in a lot of ways. They weren't interested in coming back.
BowhunterAg83
AG
It is a parent's job to raise their kids to be disciplined, and educate them on the results of good and bad choices.

And coaches have to be the toughest on their best players if a team is to succeed.
bluecouchstudios
AG
Unless he lied to one of his friends on a golf course, Paul changed his mind in late 2013 and wanted Johnny to stay. Several former players also told him to stay. His mom always wanted him to stay. And they were talking to the AD just days before he announced.

Based on what I have heard, Paul had a right to be fuming mad. Yes, he was responsible as a parent. Johnny always had a wild streak and I'm sure they would say they could have done better. But after he became the most famous player in CFB history (from a personal interest standpoint) and started to really cross some lines, certain people at A&M enabled him more than his parents would have allowed. I'm sorry if you don't like that but it's the truth.

Regardless, the NFL wouldn't have been an option if he had been suspended and had to deal with his issues (likely some time in rehab). So what else would he have done?

Ags06Win

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.