Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Josh Walker-No longer with program

10,236 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jamag87
Dr Lane Trowlan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/texas-a-m-lb-suspended-returns-home-after-domestic-violence-charge/

LB...can't keep one around....
Al Bula
AG
Kicking women beaters the eff out
Dr Lane Trowlan
quote:

Yeah, obviously we all agree with that. But I just wish they didn't all have to be LBs.
bringingthehate
suburban cowboy
AG
Wtf, Sanjay, why can't you beat on your old lady?

Seriously though, I hope JW's baby mama gets the justice she deserves.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:

Yeah, obviously we all agree with that. But I just wish they didn't all have to be LBs.
Neither does Chavis.

Oh well. Hope he gets some help and the daughter and GF will be okay.
monarch
S
Idiot fool; don't need him on the team...nor in school. Now that you messed up your life and the ones supposedly the closest to you, go play at Alcorn or Southern. What an idiot...you just pissed away the biggest opportunity in your life.
Ags06Win
AG
Big Mistake by what could have been a good player.. But Team always come First!
Speedystooth
AG
Just in time for season 2.
Maroonblood32
It's funny how Sumlin isn't getting any recognition from the media for dealing with it quickly unlike baylol or other programs.
marble rye
AG
Just posting to say it appears I was wrong. Unfortunate situation. Guy deserved what happened.
MarathonAg03
AG
quote:
It's funny how Sumlin isn't getting any recognition from the media for dealing with it quickly unlike baylol or other programs.

Does CBS not count as "the media"?
jdls13
AG
Handled swiftly and sternly. That's all I can ask of our program from a discipline standpoint
MondayMorningQB
AG
Swift action not click bait. Nothing will be made of story
SEC Champs
AG
quote:

He is doing his job. Nothing to see here. I, for one, could go without any further press this offseason.
Demo_Slug
AG
Sumlin in has lost control of police cover ups.

And college station is a better place.
force_upon_you
Glad Sumlin took my advice to throw his ass off campus. No room for women beaters.
force_upon_you
Ragoo got some crow to eat on this one. He was defending Walker in the other thread.
OPAG
AG
Please, Sumlin announced this in the PC and Brent was there.

There was obvious pain in Sumlin's face when he said it.

He didn't say that Walker is kicked off the team with no option to return, he said he was suspended indefinitely and at home.

This would make sense. If one is suspended he cannot participate in team related activities. As school has not started yet he had to go home. What we do not know is if his scholarship has been revoked or if he has been suspended from the university.

There was no more info on the actual event itself. This is part of the process. There will be a legal hearing on this and the results of that hearing will determine Josh's fate. I will make no judgements until then.

BMX Bandit
The results of the hearing will not & should not decide his fate.
TREKSTAR
quote:
Idiot fool; don't need him on the team...nor in school. Now that you messed up your life and the ones supposedly the closest to you, go play at Alcorn or Southern. What an idiot...you just pissed away the biggest opportunity in your life.
you sound like a total racist
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:

Trust me, it's better for A&M for this to be minimally reported than to have a ton of press coming out saying Sumlin is a great guy for kicking a woman beater off the team.

Perception of not having press: nobody knows anything happened

Perception with press: A&M players are beating women - didn't that have that women's clinic issue? omg what's wrong with that school?!

So... Be happy and hope it stays under the radar.
Ragoo
AG
quote:
Just posting to say it appears I was wrong. Unfortunate situation. Guy deserved what happened.
same, I assume this means the AD has more information on the situation than what is public.

Good riddance dude.

Hope the mother has a fully recovery physically and emotionally.
monarch
S
Total racist? BS. A realist? Yes.

Kids who pull stuff like Walker did, if they never return to TAMU, end up at a place like TSU, Southern or some other SWAC school. Some end up at Lamar or McNeese. They mess up a chance to get one hell of an education, play games on national TV in front of crowds over 90-100000 every week and make a good name for themselves at a great school for a great program. Now, you might be getting the opposite: crowds of maybe 10-12000/game, old stadiums, no TV and a suspect, at best, education. If this plays out and Walker never comes back to TAMU, do you really think he will play for a top flight D-1 program? No way- no HC in his right mind will touch him.

White skin, black skin, yellow or green- Walker really messed up his future. My concern now is that his daughter and his girlfriend are safe and frankly, I don't think you will see him in a maroon uni playing at Kyle Field again.

chipotle
Later Josh. See you on Season 2 of Last Chance U.
Bird Poo
AG
Idiot.
GoneForGood
If I were the HC I'd kick him out of the program too. There's no room for that nonsense in life, much less a football team.
Sbisa04
atx_aggie12
AG
Sounds like the correct decision was made here. Good thing Mastro came back to the program.
SARATOGA
Sumlin will get credit when Arkansas has 150 yards rushing in the 1st Quarter....

They'll say something like "Remember Josh Walker was expected to help address the rush defense, but he was kicked off the team by Sumlin"

Sometimes doing the right thing hurts a little bit. But it was still the right thing to do.

Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:
quote:

Does CBS not count as "the media"?

Not since that whole Dan Rather thing.
sleepybeagle
AG
I sure hope he can turn his life around and put things back together.
rbcs_2
AG
quote:
Rapelor, tu and Bama don't do anything to their kids who do this or worse. We should have "handled this internally" and had Josh in the two deep for UCLA.

These incidents happen with non-athlete students and Corp members all the time and these kids are not punished as severely.

Whoop whoop!

Isn't that what happened?
BMX Bandit
You really comparing having weed to assaulting a woman?

Troll confirmed.
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
Just posting to say it appears I was wrong.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.