Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Winner Announced for DoubleDave's Party Pack!

5,787 Views | 111 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by A is A
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
From TexAgs Sponsor:

Congrats lagoag! You're the winner! Just reply to suzanne@texags.com to claim your prize.

DoubleDave's is giving away a Party Pack Certificate (50 pep rolls OR 6 large 1 topping pizzas)!
Just tell us what year you attended your first Aggie football game. We'll choose one winner and announce it on Monday, August 29th, in time for the first home game!

*We offer dine-in, delivery, pick-up, and a daily lunch buffet.
*Call us for Gameday delivery! We cater to events and groups. Order online at doubledaves.com.
*Look for us in Kyle Field Concessions!

Joseph Adair, '05
District Manager-DDBV
ddbvjoeadair@yahoo.com
www.doubledaves.com
Cya@Kyle
AG
Agman13
AG
1985 Thanksgiving vs t.u. 42-10
howdy2u
AG
1990, Baylor game, the year I enrolled at A&M.

My family didn't follow college football, so before that I'd only been to high school games. And my high school was too small for a football team, so I hadn't even been to many of those.

Kyle Field was a real eye-opener!
EVA3
AG
Shortly after my birth in 1972.
IchthusAg
AG
Gulf Coast Aggie
AG
1967 is the first I remember. There were probably some before that.
tbone421998
AG
Mr. Havok
AG
2007. Sister's freshmen year, my sophomore year of high school. Despite being raised a redass Ag my folks never took us to any games growing up.
Mac94
AG
Fish year ... 1987 LSU game
Ag Maru
AG
1967 - as a fish. Watched Gene Stalling's team get beat on last pass by SMU to their wide receiver, Jerry LeVias, their first African American scholarship athlete.
Texmid
AG
sandman82
AG
1977. First time at Kyle Field. Lost to Arkansas, but I knew that day I was a Texas Aggie!
CajunAg97
AG
9/1/84 Win over UTEP
LGA
Probably 1963-1964. When your as old as I am, it's hard to know for sure.
Jason Ag
AG

It was Frantastic!

Wyoming, a shut out. My section chanted wrecking crew.
LGA
I remember the '67 SMU game very well, that was my junior year. We lost our first four games,

then won the remaining games. Beat tu 10-7 on turkey day. Ed Harget thru a TD pass to Bob Long. We then beat Alabama and Bear Bryant in the Cotton Bowl. HELL OF A YEAR!'

!

dcbowers
AG
1971: Freshman game versus Rice (may have been the last year we had a freshman team). Got to sit in the press box with my dad. Thought it was really cool, but in retrospect, there probably wasn't much demand to sit in the press box for a freshman game.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
atm0812
AG
1997 Big XII Championship vs Nebraska. My Dad and Uncle acquired tickets....it could have gone better
SA Ag
Dec 1942, Alamo Stadium SA,. A&M 21 Wash State 9, bitterly cold,
SA Ag
Correction;, A&M 21 Wash State 0.
zephyr88
AG
Whistle Jock
AG
I think 1947. Don't remember the game but I remember getting 50cents for a "Not Hole "ticket in the end zone. My brother and I went through the ramps with the Fish (without paying) and used the 50 cents for cokes. Been a Fighting Texas Aggie ever since. GIG EM!!
"They exchanged their lives in a hope for this future we now inhabit. Though the fight took place many years ago and even today, each of us remains as a living part of it."

Ghost91
quote:
Fish year ... 1987 LSU game

Me too. None of my family were Ags, so I had not grown up around Aggie football like so many others and just had no clue about anything.

I'll never forget walking through the portals into the student section and just literally having all the breath leave my body.

The spectacle, the energy, the passion & emotion - I'd never experienced anything even remotely close.

My addiction started that day.
aggiejim70
AG
Rice 1952
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
MondayMorningQB
AG
devilriverag72
MID 1960'S ,my father a tu fan took me from West Tx to Austin. We stayed in Fredricksburg and arrived in Austin the next morning. When we parked we were surrounded by all these guys in uniform with the best looking boots I'd ever seen. I remember being fascinated by the Band and Corps. A&M got cheated and even my father thought so. Got an ROTC Scholarship and my first game in Kyle Field as a young fish was in the fall of 1968
bqce
AG
1969 - I really didn't worry too much about the football game. That's the day I knew I'd be marching in the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band.
VonDaMan
AG
Cal at home
Ags won 29-28
texag86
AG
Jlove1770
AG
1992 against TCU
NumberEinAg
AG
I was 4 years old - 1956, Bear Bryant was the coach!!
TexAgs1998
AG
1994 against Owho
Raptor
AG
On "vacation" from Waco with my dad. 1986!
Bryanisbest
AG
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.