Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

PSA re: water bottles

24,364 Views | 178 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Firenicz
RoyIII_Ag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EDIT: This got a little out of hand so I'm re-writing to summarize the information including Jason Cook's comments.

What is always allowed: One 1L clear bottle of water per person. The bottle must be sealed.

What will be allowed on "really hot days": One 1 gallon clear bottle of water. The bottle/jug must be sealed.

What is never allowed; An un-sealed bottle or a bottle that is not clear. This also applies to empty* bottles.

The 1L policy is defined here: http://www.12thman.com/sports/2016/6/6/clear-bag-policy.aspx, but Jason Cook clarified that larger bottles are allowed when it's "really hot." I think it is safe to assume that the opener against UCLA will allow [clear & sealed] bottles of water up to 1 gallon.

Jason Cook said the policy is no different than any other year, but the one point that is enforced differently this year is that the bottle must be sealed. You can't reuse a bottle any more.
The Debt
What's a litre?
schmendeler
AG
It's an alternate spelling of liter.
aggiehawg
AG
Geez, I don't get to attend many home games because I can't find a babysitter for my Mom, but these policies are dampening my desire to even go when I can (in the future.)

Guess I can just thank heavens I've gone through menopause and don't have to carry tampons to announce to the world which time of the month it is. Embarrassing enough.
annie88
AG
We bring multiple regular water bottles, hope that's still ok.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
They use liter's because OP was at a soccer game (Communist sport). Football games should be a gallon....especially in Sept and October.
ag88man
AG
quote:
What's a liter

It's a quart.
75AG
AG
quote:
We bring multiple regular water bottles, hope that's still ok.
Fill your clear plastic bag with water, and you're OK!
Ogre09
AG
quote:
What's a litre?

Litre is French for give me my ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lip!
zephyr88
AG
I'm just gonna stay at my tailgate on Houston Street and drink beer in my open container.
8T2
quote:
quote:
What's a liter

It's a quart.
With a bonus ounce.
chipotle
It's not like a whole lot of people will be going to the games this year.
jason_cook
S
There has been no change to this policy for many years. On really hot days, we are more lenient and will allow up to a gallon. They key is for the bottle to be clear and sealed when you arrive at the gate.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
There has been no change to this policy for many years. On really hot days, we are more lenient and will allow up to a gallon. They key is for the bottle to be clear and sealed when you arrive at the gate.
But Jason, come on, tampons in a clear bag??
jason_cook
S
quote:
quote:
But Jason, come on, tampons in a clear bag??

Check the clear bag policy out at www.12thman.com. There is an allowance for these items.
RoyIII_Ag08
AG
Jason, are clear water bottles still allowed? i.e. an un-sealed bottle? This is what surprised me.

quote:
There has been no change to this policy for many years.
Up until yesterday i never had a problem bringing an un-sealed clear bottle. Why do we have to purchase so many plastic bottles to make sure we have a sealed one for every event?
aggiehawg
AG
Okay thanks, dear.
greg.w.h
AG
Since there isn't an immediately obvious search function on the mobile site:

http://www.12thman.com/sports/2016/6/6/clear-bag-policy.aspx
AgGrad99
AG
Just use clear tampons. Half the SEC has already adopted this policy, and the other half will all require clear tampons by next season.

jason_cook
S
quote:
Jason, are clear water bottles still allowed? i.e. an un-sealed bottle? This is what surprised me.

quote:
Up until yesterday i never had a problem bringing an un-sealed clear bottle. Why do we have to purchase so many plastic bottles to make sure we have a sealed one for every event?

Some fans like to put clear liquids in their bottles that aren't water.
MouthBQ98
AG
Still very easy to do, but it'll deter the lazy vodka smugglers.
OrygunAg
AG
No way. Just pop an iced iv in before the game.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Just use clear tampons. Half the SEC has already adopted this policy, and the other half will all require clear tampons by next season.

Wonder Woman had an invisible jet, but clear tampons?

ETA: Not AFR, but get used to gals being around here, fellas. Been around for awhile now.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I will start using the metric system as soon as it gets used to land a ****ing astronaut on the *********moon.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
I will start using the metric system as soon as it gets used to land a ****ing astronaut on the *********moon.
Or makes the Hubble Telescope work?
VanZandt92
quote:
Geez, I don't get to attend many home games because I can't find a babysitter for my Mom, but these policies are dampening my desire to even go when I can (in the future.)

Guess I can just thank heavens I've gone through menopause and don't have to carry tampons to announce to the world which time of the month it is. Embarrassing enough.

Huh?
permabull
AG
Bodhi
AG
I'm gonna be tripled flasked and they won't find a damn thing
Secolobo
AG
What the hell does "really hot" mean?
"Sealed bottle". So, are they worried about alcohol or nitroglycerin?
Post removed:
by user
Bighamp03
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:

No way!! We would NEVER do that!
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

The Debt
quote:
quote:
What's a litre?
can you just order a large?, Farva?

I don't want a large Farva, I want a gd litre of cola
The Debt
quote:
quote:
What's a litre?

Litre is French for give me my ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lip!

Suprised so few know this reference
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:

Huh?
Which part was <pun intended> UNCLEAR?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.