Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Chalk Talk

80,537 Views | 385 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jml2621
John Hershberger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did anybody or their wife go? The sip reporter Anwar Richardson is trying to slander our coaches.

My quote made it in to the Houston Chronicle article.

http://m.chron.com/sports/aggies/article/Two-coaches-suspended-after-Texas-A-M-s-chalk-8635826.php

It may not change things but I'm glad a quote against political correctness made the article.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
There is just no way that is real, if so someone maybe multiple people have to be fired.
John Hershberger
Keeper, it's all in good fun. This country is too politically correct.

I feel bad for the coaches. You don't want the material to be dry but the sip media pounces on every "opportunity". I still don't think it's a huge black eye for A&M because they clearly said "put down the Clorox & gloves" and have fun. If they had said "the woman's place is to clean up" it's an embarrassment. But they said the opposite!!! Such a tough spot.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
That is so damaging to our brand, I don't support the PC agenda, but this will have an effect our ability to recruit top female students. And it reinforces a lot of the negative recruiting points about us.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
It's also not even humorous or cute.
blumpkin
AG
quote:
There is just no way that is real, if so someone maybe multiple people have to be fired.
It's real, and I agree with you. Time for some stupid people to lose their job. Anyone who saw it & thought it was ok needs to be removed.

Sixers_Fan
AG
apparently "they haven't scratched the surface" with their degrading content yet
Phog06
AG
This has to be a joke, no way this **** is real?! If so, people need to be fired! Can anyone confirm?
blumpkin
AG
Looks like Jason Cook is already in damage control mode. Maybe get rid of that bevel while you're cleaning house.
Sixers_Fan
AG
it was a comedy act, but with the power of the long horn media you've gotta be careful with your content. and apparently a few attendees weren't pleased either...
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Yeah they need to be fired before it even hits the big press cycle, this has potential to get a lot of AirPlay as a ends of the spectrum piece.

First woman nominated for president but TAMU thinks women should be barefoot and pregnant.

Also if you are an Ag why share this on social media, address it with the presenters immediately
txag614
We just continue to make things hard on ourselves. This **** really isn't that hard to avoid.
Sixers_Fan
AG
lack of concern for the football program I guess?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
It's not just the football program it reflects on the entire university
Cornerback31
AG
Absolute embarrassment. Why does the A&M AD always shoot themselves in the foot. A simple we're glad you're here ladies here's what you need to know would suffice.
Clem
Looks like some new victims with 1st World Problems were made tonight. Some of those new victims appear to be on this thread. Get over it. The world has worse problems.
jokershady
AG
One of my clients went and she absolutely loved it! She thought it was hilarious as did a lot of other women there.

The met all the coaches, a lot of the players (including Knight) and had a great time. They even did football drills with them.

From what I'm gathering from someone who was actually there, this is being taken out of context and only represents a small minority of what was hundreds of women who had a blast.
A is A
AG
quote:
this is being taken out of context
eot
Chuckwaggie
AG
Did the offended party leave? Did the offended party contact the coordinators? Is the offended party coming back next year?

STFU Anwar
Al Bula
AG
lol false outage and butthurt is hilarious.
AggieAces06
AG
I went. It was an awesome event. Was this speech a little borderline? Maybe, but it was meant to be funny and was definitely not meant to be offensive.

Someone needs to get over themselves.
BCO07
AG
There's a whole lot of millenials posting on this thread. Chill the eff out, it's just a joke. If that offends you, please never watch George Carlin, Chris Rock, or Richard Pryor
Ragoo
AG
#suburbanwivesdutiesmatter
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Does the world have worse problems? - Absolutely Yes
Was it meant as humor? - Sure
Is TAMU in the business of recruiting top tier female students? - Yes
Could this have a potentially damaging effect in that effort? - Given the wrong spin, obviously

Like it or not, organizations should be very careful with humor. People are more sensitive than they have ever been, but that is the world we live in.

"Times they are a changing." 50 years ago a presentation like this with racist overtones may have been considered funny by a majority of the members, it doesn't mean that we should be engaging in that type of humor as an organization.

Perception is reality in situations like this, the organization must always be concerned with it's brands,
Duck Blind
AG
Of course it's being taken out of context....and that's why and how it will be used against us.

I think it's piss poor. I'm no millennial but I'm married and have a beautiful daughter. This slide, context or not, pisses me off.
AggieAuditor
AG
quote:
Of course it's being taken out of context....and that's why and how it will be used against us.

I think it's piss poor. I'm no millennial but I'm married and have a beautiful daughter. This slide, context or not, pisses me off.

I'm married and I have a daughter and it doesn't piss me off. You'll be ok.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I enjoy George Carlin, Chris Rock, or Richard Pryor, but I would never put them on at professional event and expect everyone to be ok with it.

I also agree it was and will likely be taken out of context but that needs to be considered when creating materials for public consumption,
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
What is this thread about?
Duck Blind
AG
quote:
quote:

Nice, dismissive comment. Good for you to be so accepting of archaic, sexist stereotypes of women. Of course you see nothing wrong. I'm sure you'll be just fine if your daughter stands barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen all day while making sandwiches for her sexist husband who tells her that's her place in the world.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
Nice, dismissive comment. Good for you to be so accepting of archaic, sexist stereotypes of women. Of course you see nothing wrong. I'm sure you'll be just fine if your daughter stands barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen all day while making sandwiches for her sexist husband who tells her that's her place in the world.
I can't tell if you are serious or not. If you are, may I suggest some blood pressure meds and some anti-hyperbole pills.
Duck Blind
AG
It was a light hearted reply. I forgot to use the smiling emoji.
Ragoo
AG
quote:
What is this thread about?
apparently leaving tampons off of the list.
King O Frod
quote:
quote:
quote:

Do you have a problem with stay at home women?
Sixers_Fan
AG
I'm not against the material at all personally, but I feel like the only people in this world anymore that know how to take a joke are the users of this site.
Aggielandma12
AG
If I had to guess this was a woman's idea and she came up with the slide. It's a joke and it's funny. People should lighten up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.