Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Colorado St to the BDF?

10,939 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by monarch
Guy on a Buffalo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm in Colorado for work this week, and a local student who is on break from going to school at CSU told me that all of their friends are running with the rumor that they are trying to get into the big dumpster fire.

1st thought: what sense does that make?

2nd thought: would they be a better get than BYU?

3rd thought: I want some of whatever they're smoking

It makes me wonder how many 2nd tier Div 1 schools out there are making an effort to land in a Power 5, and what that means for the long term.

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
FriendlyAg
It could dilute the product for a while until those schools either grow or the conferences they join go into Bolivian
JaxDad
AG
This is that natural rival WV has been waiting on. Appalachian vs the Rockies.
TyHolden
AG
Gives tu an easy opponent and a reason to smoke pot legally
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
I'm in Colorado for work this week, and a local student who is on break from going to school at CSU told me that all of their friends are running with the rumor that they are trying to get into the big dumpster fire.

It makes me wonder how many 2nd tier Div 1 schools out there are making an effort to land in a Power 5, and what that means for the long term.

None.

No.

Yes, please.
aggiejim70
AG
And the sips will see that CSU continues to play Colorado and their crap about playing us again will get new legs.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Phatbob
AG
Methinks Ricky Williams is behind this move.
AggieOO
quote:

You are in Colorado, so that should be the easy part.
Geriatric Punk
AG
I live in Fort Collins and that is surely the buzz. CSU wants to be in the Big 12 badly. They tout their new stadium as the primary reason they should be considered. What sucks is that their "old" stadium was in a way cooler location. I like CSU and go to games when I can. I don't think you can expect a whole lot of respect when you struggle against teams like UTSA, get worked by Boise State, and lose to one of the most inept teams in the Pac 12.
Flexbone
quote:
I live in Fort Collins and that is surely the buzz. CSU wants to be in the Big 12 badly. They tout their new stadium as the primary reason they should be considered. What sucks is that their "old" stadium was in a way cooler location. I like CSU and go to games when I can. I don't think you can expect a whole lot of respect when you struggle against teams like UTSA, get worked by Boise State, and lose to one of the most inept teams in the Pac 12.

Always wanted to visit CSU and Fort Collins. Heard it's an awesome place.
Spyderman
AG
quote:

Citizen Reign
Nice stadium!
Sq 17
BYU is a much better addition than CSU The BDF by leaking that it is considering CSU is putting pressure on BYU to accept the bid at the BDF's price. A few good ( but not great ) teams are available BYU, Boise, Cincy, Memphs The consideration of lower tier teams for expansion is part of the negotiations. The thinking is BDF can drive a harder bargain if the BDF threatens to fill that spot with CSU
Drake aTm
AG
What are they looking to add?

TV sets? Athletics(not just football)? Academics? All the above?

Not a lot of great options out there, that aren't already part of another P5 conference.
longeryak
Denver is the # 17 media market.

If they invite UConn(#30 on its own and a NYC play), USF(Tampa -St. Pete #11), and UCF(Orlando #19) with CSU it will be all about media markets.
ClassOf17
Bowling Green is next.

You heard it here first
Ex-liberalag12
I got my Master's at CSU. Great University and it is growing substantially. With that, as far as football, BYU has been a better program and University in general. However, since I live in CO, I would love for them to pick CSU but I highly doubt they will..
Ex-liberalag12
quote:
quote:

Always wanted to visit CSU and Fort Collins. Heard it's an awesome place.
Yes, Fort Collins is a great place. I think even better than Boulder...
FarmerJohn
AG
1st thought: what sense does that make? - Some. It actually expands the territorial footprint of the BDF in a somewhat logical manner. The question is if that actually matters enough. More sense than UofH. Why not add the 3rd or 4th most popular school in Houston?

2nd thought: would they be a better get than BYU? - No.

3rd thought: I want some of whatever they're smoking - It might kill you.
shano0603
AG
quote:
Gives tu an easy opponent and a reason to smoke pot legally

I can see it now... Half of the tu football players are suspended for smoking pot. They whine and complain that they did it legally in Colorado, just to find out it doesn't matter.
CentexAg
AG
On the upside- we could set the sips up by having security waiting to check their bags on arrival after the at CSU game and have the whole team thrown in jail.
Ag13
AG
Replacing Colorado with Colorado State sounds par for the course for the Big 12. #UPGRADE
Miles711
AG
I had more bad experiences wearing a plain black polo to CU vs CSU games than I did wearing maroon at DKR. Their idea of rivalry seemed to be drunk undergrads screaming back and forth.

They'll fit in just fine!
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
I had more bad experiences wearing a plain black polo to CU vs CSU games than I did wearing maroon at DKR. Their idea of rivalry seemed to be drunk undergrads screaming back and forth.

They'll fit in just fine!

If you changed "undergrads" to inbred mouth-breathers they'd fit in the SEC just as well.
ChemEAg08
AG
New Belgium brewery.

That's all I got for Fort Collins...
Snap E Tom
> UConn(#30 on its own and a NYC play)

NYC is a terrible college sports market. They occasionally light up the Empire State Building when Rutgers makes a minor bowl appearance, but that's about it. They certainly don't care about UConn. It's weird all over the Northeast. They love to piss on their own public schools and the Ivys don't care about sports.

It's about the NFL, MLB, and NHL in NY and Boston.
Geriatric Punk
AG
quote:
New Belgium brewery.

That's all I got for Fort Collins...

Ya...that's sad. They are probably the worst one in town.
TexanJeff
AG
Would never happen.

Colossal embarrassment replacing Colorado with their little brother...
usmcbrooks
ECU is actively pursuing the Big 12 for admittance, lot of die hards are jumping for joy out here.

quote:
In a letter released Tuesday by the group, they said, "Not only would the Big 12 conference gain a new, ultra competitive opponent on the field but it would also gain access to one of America's most die-hard college sports fan bases headquartered in one of Sports Illustrated's 2004 Sportstown USA communities. Historically, ECU has been known for its great game day atmosphere while continually filling its bleachers with fans. In 2010 ECU Football averaged over 50,000 fans per home game and currently has plans to add another 1,000 seats to Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium by 2018, including luxury suites and a brand new press box."
longeryak
quote:
> UConn(#30 on its own and a NYC play)

NYC is a terrible college sports market. They occasionally light up the Empire State Building when Rutgers makes a minor bowl appearance, but that's about it. They certainly don't care about UConn. It's weird all over the Northeast. They love to piss on their own public schools and the Ivys don't care about sports.

It's about the NFL, MLB, and NHL in NY and Boston.
Under the present system eyeballs matter not. Carriage of the game in a TV market does.
usmcbrooks

MidTnAg
AG
Adding Colorado State would be.good for both parties.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Would be great to have a team I like to root for against the sips. Go Rams!!!
West Point Aggie
AG
quote:
Would be great to have a team I like to root for against the sips. Go Rams!!!

Huh...I like and root for every team that plays the nutless ones...without the need for changes to the BDF
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
Think this would actually be a good move for both. Geography works, seems like they fit in that conference, and over time CSU would improve. But if CSU is an option, why not Air Force?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.