Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Student athlete employment

2 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by John Maplethorpe
chrisrrtx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tried to look it up but haven't found any NCAA rules against working a job with tips.
Would there be anything prohibit say a football player taking a caddy job at traditions club and receiving tips from customers?
Aka getting a couple hundred here and there from boosters legally?
Charlie 31
AG
You should visit with the Texas A&M Athletics Compliance Office about such issues and concerns.
chipotle
I've seen car driving service at a&m. I mean those cars aren't gonna drive themselves.
Al Bula
AG
This thread is proof you should have to pass an intelligence test to have Internet access.
ShaggySLC
Raptor
AG
Are the local car dealerships hiring?
pokerag2
AG
quote:
This thread is proof the NCAA should have to pass an intelligence test to have Internet access.

FIFY
Bowlinag
AG
A buddy of mine played Basketball at Indiana under Bobby Knight. He had a job at a BMW dealership as a........well he did nothing. Every once in a while he would drive someone home or something. He did actually show up though. He said he would just sit in the waiting area and talk with people all day. That or he would sit in the conference room and study.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Think about how much money Trevor Knight and the Hubes could make as male strippers. Half of Texags would go see that show.
CentexAg
AG
quote:
Think about how much money Trevor Knight and the Hubes could make as male strippers. Half of Texags would go see that show.

I really hope that's not true.
howdy2u
AG
quote:
A buddy of mine played Basketball at Indiana under Bobby Knight. He had a job at a BMW dealership as a........well he did nothing. Every once in a while he would drive someone home or something. He did actually show up though. He said he would just sit in the waiting area and talk with people all day. That or he would sit in the conference room and study.

I have an acquaintance who was a college basketball player at a smaller school, and was "employed" at a local law firm. She spent all her "work" time studying in the law office
kammrath
AG
alamoaggie64
AG
"...A buddy of mine played Basketball at Indiana under Bobby Knight. He had a job at a BMW dealership as a........well he did nothing."

Uh, that has been tried--back in the 80s--by someone we all know.
Aftermath
AG
D1 football player has no time for a job during the year.... If they have one and it gets looked at, it will draw red flags.... Even summer jobs better be on the up and up
John Maplethorpe
AG
LSU already has this figured out. No job necessary.

1. Football player puts used stapler up on ebay.
2. Booster bids $5k and "wins" the stapler.
3. Repeat with whatever junk you got laying around.

Anonymous transaction. No laws broken. No recourse for NCAA.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.