Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

2016 Depth Chart: Pre-Fall Lookahead

10,582 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by CrazyDayDuck
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is my best guess on the depth chart heading into fall camp. Feel free to ask questions or challenge where I have people (especially at LB and OL since those will be complete shakeups for the most part)

Note 1: I always put the incoming freshmen toward the bottom of the depth chart, even if they played in the spring. I will update this as fall camps kicks into gear and the first game approaches

[Note 2: Click image below to see full size]

*I am pretty sure Bradford is done medically, but no official word yet
a.froman
AG
Looks ok. I would put White behind Ford and Bussey behind him. Also based on everything I have read Keke will be the starter alongside Mack. Henderson and Walker will back them up. I also would put Willis in front of Capers Smith at the other corner spot.
impavidus
AG
I like that you have Ford before white. I like Willis at starting CB. I also like you have Josh Walker as the backup to Moore.

Good job.
TrueAgg13
AG
That WR and D-Line lineup looking straight grizzly
vander54
S
Unlike what i see. On paper we look great!
Leeman
Chalk up another National Championship !
cretzloff
AG
Curious to see where Madubuike will line up. I really like the 1-2 punch of Ford and Bussey. WR corps looks great. Hopefully the o-line will be improved to be able to run an effective zone read.
merc
AG
Moton had a tweet that didn't look like good news earlier but he deleted it. The other site has an update as well and the replies make it seem like something else is keeping him from getting cleared now. /shrug
Amazing Moves
The O-Line is a concern. I bet Tabuyo pushes himself into the starting lineup. Pope is a 2nd team back up. Willis will start. White should be the rb while pass blocking and that's about it. The LBs will be a surprise this year.

Great job as always, Spreadsheet.
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
Spreadsheet!
Mike Elko
AG
quote:
Moton had a tweet that didn't look like good news earlier but he deleted it. The other site has an update as well and the replies make it seem like something else is keeping him from getting cleared now. /shrug
What the utter f***?!
agforlife97
AG
Nacho plays the Y position now behind RSJ.

Moton will eventually get cleared, he just needs to clear the SEC office now.
The Collective
AG
quote:

I said it was an uphill battle when he announced that he was coming to A&M... Not because I am some genius with inside information, but I have observed this situation time and time again. Kids who spend over a year trying to enroll (miss state & then A&M) rarely make it to school. It's just the way things like this go.
Right Rigger
Pretty salty.
TrillOBrien
AG
I honestly think we have the most talented WR group in the entire country
Bone6
That offensive line is going to determine a lot.
DDSO
AG
Spreadsheet!
Tamu_mgm
AG
Great work OP, but no way Lanfear doesn't start. He'll play either LG or RG unless Elemeneour somehow makes up a lot of ground. Only reason he ever wasn't in the starting lineup in the spring is because he got dinged up. When healthy he was always playing ahead of Elemenour at LG.

I see the starting / 2 deep OL as this:

- LT - A. Gennessey; T. Davis
- LG - C. Lanfear; J. Elemeneour
- C - E. McCoy; C. Prater / T. Ebert
- RG - K. Sutherland; C. Prater / T. Ebert
- RT - K. Martin; R. McCollum / A. Anderson
Tamu_mgm
AG
quote:
quote:
What the utter f***?!
News on Moton:

Shreveport Woodlawn DT T.D. Moton received his SAT scores back today but unfortunately that score was not high enough to earn instant qualification into Texas A&M.

However, per sources, the score was "in the ballpark" of becoming qualified that will help "validate" the 5+ point increase of his ACT score which is now under review by the SEC.

As we reported last week, Moton's score was cleared by the NCAA Clearinghouse but any score that has an increase of 5 points or more in any section is automatically kicked into review and the SEC has to validate it through "any means" in order to close the book on any issues.

There is no timetable the SEC's decision but A&M is working to expedite the normal wait time in order to get an answer before the start of fall camp.
TrillOBrien
AG
How many times has he taken the SAT and/or ACT?
Tamu_mgm
AG
quote:
How many times has he taken the SAT and/or ACT?

Gotta be at least 2 or 3 times. Frustrating. However, all hope is not lost, he's still got a chance through the SEC qualifications.
MaroonStain
AG
After viewing SS's stellar work and reading the thread, I updated my calendar with dates for both Ags and Saints. These dog days are wearing on my soul.
lakeside aggie
AG
Spreadsheet!
atm_grifter
quote:
The O-Line is a concern. I bet Tabuyo pushes himself into the starting lineup. Pope is a 2nd team back up. Willis will start. White should be the rb while pass blocking and that's about it. The LBs will be a surprise this year.

Most of what you said makes sense, except "Tabuyo pushes himself into the starting lineup." The only way this will ever happen is if one of our 4 elite WRs gets injured or put in the doghouse.
12thmanfootball
AG
It will be hard to keep Williams off of the field at RB based on how he looked in the Spring Game.....my bet is that he and Ford get the majority of the carries this year.
Bachelor99
AG
quality on the OL is a huge concern....coach turner has his work cut out for him....i see a lot of inexperience...
CRE-Ag
AG
Just some perspective on how quickly things change in college football- Clay Honeycutt started for us not too long ago. There's hope for our LB situation.
mcag83
AG
Good sheat!!!!!
Tamu_mgm
AG
quote:

Don't underestimate Deshawn Capers-Smith potentially nabbing one of the starting CB spots. He was the uber athletic Mr. Gatorade player of the year in Louisiana, and showed good things in the spring.
BrandoC
AG
You are crazy if you don't think Lanfear will not start at one of the guard spots.
vander54
S
quote:
It will be hard to keep Williams off of the field at RB based on how he looked in the Spring Game.....my bet is that he and Ford get the majority of the carries this year.

I bet we see a lot of RBs getting some action unless one or two start dominating the run game.
texag86
Post removed:
by user
Spyderman
AG
quote:
quality on the OL is a huge concern....coach turner has his work cut out for him....i see a lot of inexperience...
aarjon
All these Jrs..next year!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.