Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Sumlin announces 2016 throwbacks

11,324 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by oklacityag75
Quad Dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://campussports.net/kevin-sumlin-says-texas-am-will-wear-throwback-uniforms-in-2016/
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
So we're gonna wear Maroon jerseys this season?
Buck Nasty
AG
crunchyo
quote:
So we're gonna wear Maroon jerseys this season?

Were you around in 2014?
Sea Gull
AG
Ridge14
quote:

ftworthag02
AG
Concentrate on winning the west first
Rocco S
quote:

I see what you did there
Sixers_Fan
AG
quote:

Craigy
Decide on a standard home uniform and road uniform and one alternative PER YEAR. Its not that bleeping hard to figure out. Build a current legacy so someone can throw back on you one day. Stay with school colors and quit tricking it up. Build a standard uniform. We are a tradition and legacy school. The uniform need to match this also. Its a big deal.I don't let my girl just wear any ol thing. Neither should Aggies. The people that try to reinvent themselves all the time are not stable in their life.Changing hair length, hair color and dressing style shows instability. Sumlin show leadership in this regards please.
Sixers_Fan
AG
Too bad we make a boatload of money off being an Adidas showcase. You can't just tell someone paying you millions of dollars that you don't want them to advertise their "swag" as much anymore.
Punked Shank
AG
quote:
Decide on a standard home uniform and road uniform and one alternative PER YEAR. Its not that bleeping hard to figure out. Build a current legacy so someone can throw back on you one day. Stay with school colors and quit tricking it up. Build a standard uniform. We are a tradition and legacy school. The uniform need to match this also. Its a big deal.I don't let my girl just wear any ol thing. Neither should Aggies. The people that try to reinvent themselves all the time are not stable in their life.Changing hair length, hair color and dressing style shows instability. Sumlin show leadership in this regards please.

Tell us how you really feel, brah
Sixers_Fan
AG

these look to be our new standard cleats this year btw. pretty dope imo (second ones haven't gotten the maroon colorway yet)
Slwdsm
quote:

Wow, you sound like a really fun and we'll grounded person...

Traveler
AG
quote:

Sumlin has lost control of self-reinvention.
I already have a dog
AG
quote:

This is one of the dumbest serious posts I have seen on TexAgs... and that is special. I would typically point out where I disagree with you but it is ALL wrong.

Respectfully.
Pro Ag
AG
Wow, "reporting" based on someone's tweet from coach's night in Dallas.

For those with their panties in a bunch, Sumlin also said Maroon and White is his favorite combo and what the team wears has no impact on the outcome of the game.
yeahtoast
AG
quote:
Frederick Palowaski
AG
I love the "he should concentrate on winning" posts. Sumlin probably took 60 seconds out of his day to choose an alternate uniform.
Sixers_Fan
AG
Pretty sure the equipment team gives him the suggested uni and he says "ok". What's that, 5 seconds?
Frederick Palowaski
AG
True
rcb05
AG
quote:
Pretty sure the equipment team gives him the suggested uni and he says "ok". What's that, 5 seconds?
It takes you five seconds to say "ok?"

Sixers_Fan
AG
The uniform presentation is included in that 5 seconds
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
This is the perfect post for Shouty.
agmrpink
AG
quote:
quote:

tosull

1927 (I believe)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cushinglibrary/3389693543/sizes/o/in/set-72157615985854166/

The Collective
AG
hunter2012
AG
fightinag
Maybe, just Maybe, Sumlin should concentrate on winning football games against the stronger teams of the SEC.
Maroon and White uni's...keep it simple !

"WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR"
Texan1976
quote:

1927 (I believe)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cushinglibrary/3389693543/sizes/o/in/set-72157615985854166/

Are leather helmets even legal?
chipotle
quote:
Maybe, just Maybe, Sumlin should concentrate on winning football games against the stronger teams of the SEC.
Maroon and White uni's...keep it simple !

"WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR"

Yeah! How about winning some home games Kevin. How about winning some home games!
BR0
I'll care when you start winning games, Sumlin.
ColdChedda
AG
Everyone on Twitter says there gonna be 1950's throwbacks. Here's what some people threw together.

1997aggies
AG
I noticed that there is an Asian on that 1927 team. No big deal, I just thought that was interesting.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
An alternate uni can be good on occasion, like what we wore vs ULM.

I don't hate the black uni but we need to wear the standard matte maroon helmet, black helmet makes us look like technical.

But the alternate uni should have SOME maroon. The "ice" uni and helmet we wore vs Vandy last year in Nashville was unacceptable!!!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.