Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Hey guys, are we about to go join the Big 12?

7,160 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some people on the radio over here in Austin seem to think so.
debased
AG
Keep Austin delusional
Habanero Guero
AG
I mean every aggie I know is dying to go back. And who wants to make more money in the SEC anyway?
PapaJohn14
AG
#ReSECede
vander54
S
You have to be kidding me. They actually think that?
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
gigemags-99
Drake aTm
AG
How nice of them to consider us!
Phatbob
AG
This is what happens in a culture where everyone only listens to their own media. They believe delusions that are totally supported by the evidence they are shown. Unfortunately, it doesn't match reality. Sips have been more adept at this than most and they have a lot of practice.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
To be fair, the radio guys said it probably wouldn't happen. But apparently people have been calling in saying it is definitely going to happen.
C2 Ag 93
Is this for real? Serious question here...

I get that the reporters need to fill air time, so they may not have even believed it. But the fact that ANYONE calling in would even think it was a possibility is yet another sign the world is becoming to crazy for words.
CajunAggie
AG
It warms my heart that the BDF is in the position of considering adding schools that offer no true upside to that conference. The sips will b*tch about UH, and for that reason, I hope the Coogs get added. But they will bring nothing to the table...no TV revenue, no big fanbase in their 40k-seat stadium where a huge crowd is 20k, and a coach who is leaving for a Power 5 job at $7-8 million per year very soon. BYU is by far their best choice, and I suppose would bring some measure of credibility. Neither Memphis, Cincy, USF nor UCF do that. And UConn? Are you kidding me? What a joke.
Capt. America
AG
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
Is this for real? Serious question here...

I get that the reporters need to fill air time, so they may not have even believed it. But the fact that ANYONE calling in would even think it was a possibility is yet another sign the world is becoming to crazy for words.

There have always been plain ijuts in this world. If this is a sign the world is becoming too crazy maybe you need to read different signs
Deadwood
AG
Not sure it can happen. We are in line behind Notre Dame, Ohio State, Alabama, and the Green Bay Packers.
rocky the dog
AG
Would it mean going back to our old stadium?
CentexAg
AG
quote:
Not sure it can happen. We are in line behind Notre Dame, Ohio State, Alabama, and the Green Bay Packers.

LMAO
VatoLocoAggie
No way in heck.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
i would disavow my school...forever.
He is Ass My Dude
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I miss listening to our games on the radio and watching unbiased refs fist pump when tu scores touchdowns.
Ex-liberalag12
If there are ANY rumblings out there, most likely it is a negotiation tool. BUT, I highly doubt that is evern going on.
hunter2012
AG
quote:

Your forgetting the 1985 Chicago Bears and Mother Russia. We would be so lucky if they tried to force us back into the conference.
2thFixinAg
The state of Texas could probably make it happen. Or at least make it very expensive not to. Like some big legal battle over the Permanent University Fund. That's a very slim chance. Otherwise it's not going to happen.
aTm2004
AG
Why would the BDF be interested in our little sliver?
APHIS AG
delusion
dlooZHn/
noun
noun: delusion; plural noun: delusions
[ol]
  • an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.
    "the delusion of being watched"
    synonyms:
    misapprehension, misconception, misunderstanding, mistake, error, misinterpretation, misconstruction, misbelief; More
    fallacy, illusion, fantasy
    "was her belief in his fidelity just a delusion?"

• [/ol]
    Poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiips!!!!!!!!!

AgPediRPh
    AG
    quote:
    To be fair, the radio guys said it probably wouldn't happen. But apparently people have been calling in saying it is definitely going to happen.
    The radio guys should have shown a little sack and said "No, that is definitely not going to happen"
    rbcs_2
    AG
    quote:
    The state of Texas could probably make it happen. Or at least make it very expensive not to. Like some big legal battle over the Permanent University Fund. That's a very slim chance. Otherwise it's not going to happen.

Well played! Remember when we were trying to leave and someone would always bring up the PUF as a way to keep us in the B12?

bassethoundag
    AG
    So we'll need to be in the East division so the sips have a reason to not play us? The scheduling headaches this presents are reason enough for us to not be invited, no matter how much we want to join back up.
    2thFixinAg
    quote:
    quote:

Well played! Remember when we were trying to leave and someone would always bring up the PUF as a way to keep us in the B12?

It was stupid then and it's stupid now... It's all media types stirring the **** up. We don't want them and they don't want us. Some want to start up games again many don't. When news gets slow some radio guy in a city in Texas stirs up the pot. And he knows it will get hits on a website. Controversy
    AceAggie05
    AG
    CFP here we come! Lol
    SARATOGA
    Please Lets go back to:

1) Less Money
    2) No say in conference direction
    3) Indentured Servitude
    4) Being Irrelevant on the National spectrum
    5) Playing other irrelevant teams on the National spectrum
    6) Playing in small, cold weather stadiums
    7) Small Stadiums
    8) Pathetic Fans
    9) No recruiting interest from anyone, anywhere.
    10) And NEVER being on TV

#NOSIR
    NyAggie
    AG
    A&M going back to the big12 is like the USA going back to becoming a colony of England.

in other words, it is utterly absurd.
    Rocco S
    quote:
    Keep Austin delusional
    Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.