Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

No Generators in Spence

5,134 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag4coal
BearkatRunner88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why? If it was a Honda you wouldn't even be able to hear it
champagnepapi
It's poisoning the environment.
hillcountryag86
AG
Generators kill grass.
Ag4coal
Obligatory generators are ass my dude

Or this new rule is ass my dude. Either way
p-wonk01
AG
marine battery
AG @ HEART
www.texasgamedayrigs.com
MouthBQ98
AG
A couple of deep cycles should last you all day. LCD and modern AV equipment doesn't draw much.
TicoLoco
Small, red, Honda generators work the best! Am I right???
agnerd
AG
Why? Probably because Spence is more densely populated during tailgating which means people are closer to the exhaust pipe of the generator. Easier to spread out on other parts of campus w/o having to spew carbon monoxide into your neighbor's tent. If no-generators was a problem, nobody would tailgate there...
mpaggie06
AG
Correct answer is older than sin, BMAs who complained about "noise" in Spence years ago when the fraternities tailgates there- so they inacted the generator ban to try to push them out. They moved the fraternities to their own spot now; no need to keep up the charade that generators are causing some massive amount of noise. Typical Americans being ******* kind of thing.

That said, we rock all day with 2-4 marine batteries and run a tv, DirecTV, and decent stereo without any real issues.
TecRecAg
AG
100,000+ people drinking/tailgating... I don't think noise is their initial concern when it comes to generators.
Fitch
AG
It's not the generators so much as the blaring music they powered. The tailgating office set Spence up to be a more family friendly and low key atmosphere.
aprihoda
AG
quote:
It's not the generators so much as the blaring music they powered. The tailgating office set Spence up to be a more family friendly and low key atmosphere.
Come on ... we all know in Spence, no one can hear your stream.
Bunk Moreland
quote:

It was a direct attack to get fraternities out of spence when they made the call. Nowadays people blare music loud anyway in Spence. Time to get rid of that silly stupid rule. Generators would make things so much easier. Time to talk to the new AD.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
quote:
Generators kill grass.

There's grass on spence?
Secolobo
AG
quote:
Please stop showing favoritism to generators.
mpaggie06
AG
quote:

Let's Make America ***** Again (or rather, still). We blare music all day, and families are all around us. They love it. Generators don't power louder music, they just make it easier. And that doesn't negate the fact that the fraternity situation already handled itself. No reason not to allow generators there.
AG @ HEART
Deep cycle batteries work just fine. Just maintain them, keep them properly charged off the ground and you can get a full 10-12 hrs of tv time easy with some phone charging as well. Keeps the sun off them too. My rentals last all day and have tailgaters use the from 9-10is in the morning till 9-10ish at night still going strong.
Ag86Hotard109
AG
quote:
quote:
I see what you did there.
88jrt06
AG
quote:
quote:
That was very well done.
Aftermath
AG
Soon it will be like the Drill Field, matching tents, tailgate guys, high dollar cocktail parties..... The times they are a changing
AG @ HEART
I hope that it doesn't go the way of the drill field because I'm SOL. I don't rent out many rigs in Simpson.
Traveler
AG
Sumlin has lost control of portable power.
Ag4coal
quote:
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.