Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What should A&M do if we finish _____ in the SEC West

4,307 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
boboguitar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
whatthehey78
AG
1 and 2 - ignore...not going to happen.
3 - celebrate
4 - keep on, keeping on
5 or worse - put one pot in each hand and incessantly bang together
ScoutBanderaAg956
AG
I would agree with one exception - 4 - blah blah blah ... Same old same old.
AGNinBCS
AG
I'm already writing off '17 as a rebuilding year, so I think Ags need get 3rd place or better to keep the program trajectory trending positively. There is a lot of talent and a lot of great coaches to make '16 fantastic.
Spicewood Ag
AG
Get drunk
Yell Practice
4th or 5th -- Keep Going ---
boboguitar
AG
quote:
I'm already writing off '17 as a rebuilding year, so I think Ags need get 3rd place or better to keep the program trajectory trending positively. There is a lot of talent and a lot of great coaches to make '16 fantastic.
As long as we dont lose to Kentucky. I'd never heard the end of it.
Ag Tag
Move ahead. Always keep moving forward.
fightinag
1st thru third.....take shelter because the sky is falling and hell is freezing over
4th thru 7th.....give Sumlin a contract extension and huge pay raise.

Bodhi
AG
quote:
1st- molly
2nd- fire sumlin
3rd- fire sumlin
4th- fire sumlin
5th- fire sumlin
6th- fire sumlin
7th- fire sumlin
libertyag
AG
quote:
1st--outside chance if all the others get put on probation
2nd--outside chance if all but one other team gets put on probation
3rd--not going to happen
4th--business as usual
5th--blame RC for leaving the cupboard bare
6th--emphasize that we are an equestrian school
7th--fire Sumlin or look for a weaker conference to join

aggiedent
AG
I like this thread. You quickly get to see who the spineless, self loathing individuals are.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
1st-

2nd-

3rd-

4th-

5th-

6th-

7th-
Dr. Teeth
AG
1-6. Raise and an extension for Sumlin.
7. "We'll see what happens in '17."
agnerd
AG
1. continue to educate students and conduct research
2. continue to educate students and conduct research
3. continue to educate students and conduct research
4. continue to educate students and conduct research
5. continue to educate students and conduct research
6. continue to educate students and conduct research
7. continue to educate students and conduct research
Ag03 CQE
AG
quote:

So it's not just a clever username.
85AustinAg
AG
quote:
I like this thread. You quickly get to see who the spineless, self loathing individuals are.

Agree 100%. Why on earth do people go on a public message board and self loathe about your alma mater?
boboguitar
AG
quote:
quote:

Agree 100%. Why on earth do people go on a public message board and self loathe about your alma mater?
One can support and give valid criticism at the same time.
Ag4coal
quote:
quote:
quote:

Seriously. Why is pointing out obvious flaws self loathing? We aren't the 105 pound fine piece so startup talking about how far we are. We are overweight, understand the problem, and want to take steps to fix it.

What I can't understand is how someone watched the last two epic meltdowns called football seasons and don't see a major attitude problem with this team that starts at the top. Expecting to be wildly successful while not fixing the problem is delusional. Not attempting to realistically predict where we'll end up
aggiedent
AG
Sorry, I read that twice and I'm still going to need a translation.
Geriatric Punk
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Seriously. Why is pointing out obvious flaws self loathing? We aren't the 105 pound fine piece so startup talking about how far we are. We are overweight, understand the problem, and want to take steps to fix it.

What I can't understand is how someone watched the last two epic meltdowns called football seasons and don't see a major attitude problem with this team that starts at the top.
Expecting to be wildly successful while not fixing the problem is delusional. Not attempting to realistically predict where we'll end up
If you are calling the last two years "epic meltdowns", you clearly weren't here during Fran or Sherm. We lost some games and threw away some others. Losing Murray and Allen within a week was "epic", but the seasons were still better than most during the two previous campaigns. Just sayin'.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:

You gotta take it easy on him, he still thinks coal is the best fuel.
B-1 83
AG
"Anything less than 1st place and an undefeated national championship is unacceptable, and Sumlin needs to be fired." [\TexAgs D1 coaches in waiting]
whatthehey78
AG
Per GP:
quote:
Losing Murray and Allen within a week was "epic", but the seasons were still better than most during the two previous campaigns. Just sayin'.

Not really.
sshm
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What I can't understand is how someone watched the last two epic meltdowns called football seasons and don't see a major attitude problem with this team that starts at the top.
Expecting to be wildly successful while not fixing the problem is delusional. Not attempting to realistically predict where we'll end up
If you are calling the last two years "epic meltdowns", you clearly weren't here during Fran or Sherm. We lost some games and threw away some others. Losing Murray and Allen within a week was "epic", but the seasons were still better than most during the two previous campaigns. Just sayin'.
Were they as bad as '11? No. But don't let the crap fiesta that was that season blind you to the fact that we were still top ten or so all 3 years just to finish unranked.

Quite frankly last season really did feel like Fran to me, because I haven't been so frustrated watching our offense ('10 OSU game being the lone possible exception) since he was on the sideline. I got used to the head-slamming and disgust when the defense was on the field, but seeing that s*** from the offense seriously rustled my jimmies.

This year is make or break for Sumlin. If he can't put a better season together this year, odds are it's not getting any better in '17. 3 straight years of bleh to meh isn't acceptable for how much we're paying. 4 years should pretty much be end of the line.
Bison
AG
1) Party

2) Party with fewer people

6) and 7) mean a buy-out.

But when you look in the middle, you're looking at record. If you have an 7-1 champion, then three teams tied at 6-2, and you are sitting there at 5-3 (losses to the three 6-2 teams, but you beat the champ), you're in fifth place, but you could be 9-3 and have beaten the champ. That's a lot different than fifth place at 7-5 (4-4, 3-1 OOC) or 4-8 (4-4, 0-4 OOC).
FCBlitz
quote:
quote:

Because it is really not college football anymore. It is a big business that create multimillion dollar players, coaches and facilities in a never ending arms race.

Your point would be valid if we were McNeese St. or Sol Ross University but we are not.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Because it is really not college football anymore. It is a big business that create multimillion dollar players, coaches and facilities in a never ending arms race.

Your point would be valid if we were McNeese St. or Sol Ross University but we are not.

Denzel?

chipotle
quote:

Go home. Watch Star Trek urkel.
Traveler
AG
quote:

Sumlin has lost control of self-loathing.
CentexAg
AG
Be greatful we are not in the BDF waiting for Coogie High and Tulane to come save our arse.
AggieCVQ
Our standards are Fran and Sherm.

You realize that for the amount of money we are spending, our players to the NFL history, our class rankings. and our place (20 something) in all time wins, that Fran and Sherm were pathetic, right?

I can't stand people who will claim the potbangers are irrational idiots while also saying Sumlin is better than Fran or Sherm so give him a pay raise.

Jesus.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:

You realize that for the amount of money we are spending, our players to the NFL history, our class rankings. and our place (20 something) in all time wins, that Fran and Sherm were pathetic, right?

I can't stand people who will claim the potbangers are irrational idiots while also saying Sumlin is better than Fran or Sherm so give him a pay raise.

Jesus.

I can't stand people who exaggerate the positions of other posters in order to try to win a meaningless argument. Makes them look like an irrational idiot.
P-Dex
Lets just focus on beating the ever living h*** out of UCLA
AggieCVQ
quote:
quote:

Jesus.

I can't stand people who exaggerate the positions of other posters in order to try to win a meaningless argument. Makes them look like an irrational idiot.

That was the text. Which part was exaggerated? Or do you just like to have the last word because you can't say anything of merit and have to resort to insults?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.