Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Toddlers in Kyle Field

15,122 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BMX Bandit
JA83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Silly comment. You haven't a clue. Often times you bring a young one because the older children are at an age to enjoy it. I'm not even sure what drama you're talking about. Disney is very loud and full of children. The little ones are usually in strollers. So how about you get off their ass.
So, either you've used your infants and toddlers as an excuse to visit the Mouse for yourself, or you're a Disney employee.
wesag
AG
quote:
quote:
Silly comment. You haven't a clue. Often times you bring a young one because the older children are at an age to enjoy it. I'm not even sure what drama you're talking about. Disney is very loud and full of children. The little ones are usually in strollers. So how about you get off their ass.
So, either you've used your infants and toddlers as an excuse to visit the Mouse for yourself, or you're a Disney employee.

Or you have poor reading comprehension, though not likely as poor as your empathy. But hey you told those parents.
NathanChristie
AG
I wouldn't have taken my kid to a game when he was that age. Every kid is different, yes. If your crawler can be still and not throw a tantrum for 4+ hours, yes. Most crawlers I've known though, cannot.
Cedar Bayou Ag
AG
If you bring a 10 month old to an Aggie football game, bring them to the spring game. Less crowded, better weather, way less expensive, and an easier time to get back on the roads. Sorry, op, i don't know for the life of me why you would bring a baby where there will be 100k fans in attendence. For me, I got my memories from the spring game.
black_hat_ag
quote:
I think a lot of it depends on your child. I took my son to the South Carolina game last year when he was 9 months old. He did just fine. It was not too sunny and parts of the stadium were empty so we sat there to no disturb anyone around us. We had a great time. He might not remember the game but I do and I enjoyed sharing aggie football with my son right from the start. If you pick the correct game at the correct time I think you will have a great time. We also went into the game at half time. So while it is true that a child that young might not be able to stay the whole game just skip the first half so that you can enjoy the end.
You fell for the troll OP.
black_hat_ag
quote:
If you bring a 10 month old to an Aggie football game, bring them to the spring game. Less crowded, better weather, way less expensive, and an easier time to get back on the roads. Sorry, op, i don't know for the life of me why you would bring a baby where there will be 100k fans in attendence. For me, I got my memories from the spring game.
You fell for the troll OP.
88jrt06
AG
quote:

Champagne-dude, approaching top-10 troll threads.
Slight deduction for peak TexAgs daylight-drunk period.
Do admire the simple, but effective approach!

I mean, like you have even partial custody...j/k !
JA83
AG
quote:
But hey you told those parents.
Well, somebody needs to. I've lived in Orlando and visited Mouse World (and the other parks) enough to know they're money-sucking enterprises that target 'Low Information' folks. I've also seen so many home-bound sugar-crash meltdowns in Orlando International frequently enough to know that it isn't a healthy thing.

So, are you a self-absorbed *****, or are you an ABC-Disney Mouse-Slave?
8T2
quote:
I think a lot of it depends on your child. I took my son to the South Carolina game last year when he was 9 months old. He did just fine. It was not too sunny and parts of the stadium were empty so we sat there to no disturb anyone around us. We had a great time. He might not remember the game but I do and I enjoyed sharing aggie football with my son right from the start. If you pick the correct game at the correct time I think you will have a great time. We also went into the game at half time. So while it is true that a child that young might not be able to stay the whole game just skip the first half so that you can enjoy the end.
I had the same experience when I took my dog to the Nevada game.
mgreen
Really really bad idea for everyone involved including the people around you. Did I miss where you listed why this was a good idea? Babysitters are not that expensive.
Craigy
Do Not bring a 10 mo old to the game. Not the experience the kid needs at that age.Besides how are you going TO STAND the entire game holding a baby?
joerobert_pete06
AG
I actually want to bring my 13 month old to the game. It's not about him remembering it but rather me charishing out 1st game together. My son likes other people and think he would hold up well with the crowd. I'm mainly worried about the crowd noise and don't won't to hurt his ears... Might look into some head phone that he doesn't mind wearing.
black_hat_ag
quote:
I actually want to bring my 13 month old to the game. It's not about him remembering it but rather me charishing out 1st game together. My son likes other people and think he would hold up well with the crowd. I'm mainly worried about the crowd noise and don't won't to hurt his ears... Might look into some head phone that he doesn't mind wearing.
Another victim of the troll OP
Miles711
AG
Make sure your tickets aren't in one of the sections people were bringing ear pro into.
Ag4coal
Champagne is becoming one of the best trolls. So many bites
champagnepapi
quote:
Do Not bring a 10 mo old to the game. Not the experience the kid needs at that age.Besides how are you going TO STAND the entire game holding a baby?

I'm not going TO STAND the entire game on the former student side fool.
Bodhi
AG
nobody wants your stupid kid at the game
ArmyDoc
AG
Kyler's gone man. There aren't going to be any toddlers at our games this year. What are you thinking?
Aggie304
Bring an iPad loaded with kids shows like Dora, then turn the volume up all the way so your little one can hear it over the game...

At least that's what the aholes behind me did last year
adk9595
AG
Do yourself a favor and wait until your child is older.
GrayMatter
AG
quote:
Bring an iPad loaded with kids shows like Dora, then turn the volume up all the way so your little one can hear it over the game...

At least that's what the aholes behind me did last year
I didn't think of that! Thanks for the idea!
Bob Harris
All for it - you can smuggle a good-sized flask and/or a ton of weed in a diaper.
AnalogyAg
unless the main point is to actually bring your infant to the game, you might consider a dependable student or other caretaker to care for your child for a few hours. they could use the money and it will save you money and aggravation both.
pootiessock
There should be a **** trophy night where the little ones get in free while I tend to mom.
The Collective
AG
Toddler out the former student side of Kyle Field... pretty sure they'll make more noise.
dcAg
Anyone under the age of 2 is a baby.
Ol Army 01
AG

Just remember to post your section, row and game you are going to attend so that we can give you a stern "I Told You So" when the S**t hits the Fan or we watch you leave after the first cannon fire.

I took my 5 year old last year and even the most enthusiastic kid cannot handle the length of these games; especially if you plan on doing anything prior such as Tailgating.

champagnepapi
The wife and I have decided not to move foward with the decision to take the baby to the game. Tailgate and chill.
Ol Army 01
AG
I think What we all meant to say was:

Congratulations on the New Baby!
millertyme
AG
quote:
unless the main point is to actually bring your infant to the game, you might consider a dependable student or other caretaker to care for your child for a few hours. they could use the money and it will save you money and aggravation both.
Last year, there was a guy, claiming to be Devante Harris, walking around the tailgating areas offering to watch kids for people. You might want to look for that guy.
Yell Practice
Do yourself a favor and wait until your child is older.

Yes, yes, yes !!!
fwag04
AG
Just be sure to post lots of pics on the baby's Facebook, Instagram, and other social media accounts along with a bunch of clever hashtags. Also, wear a baby carrier with him on your chest so you can still play Pokemon Go on the concourses and live tweet the adventures you two are having
mgreen
You are my new friend.
R E L
AG
Don't listen to the childless twats who want you to hide away in a cave once you have children. I took my son before he turned 1, and took both my kids when they were 2 and 5. Here's my suggestions:

1. Take the kid to a local football game before coming. Knowing how to dry run this at a high school game for less than 10 bucks a person on a September night is a good way to judge what they will act like in a November day game.

2. Your kid is still in the "pet rock" phase. No they won't enjoy or remember it, but it's not about that, it's about taking pictures and dressing them up in cute aggie gear.

3. The game will be less important than the surrounding festivities...Don't be too interested in the game, our cut a deal with your wife to do more of the kid watching so you can enjoy it if the game goes to overtime (speaking from experience). Be okay with leaving early, because it probably will happen.

4. Take ear plugs for your child...their tolerance of loud noises is far below ours. The orange swimmer ones work great.
BMX Bandit
To hell with the enjoyment of the kid or those around you!!

Gotta get that picture in A&M baby gear so you can amaze your redass buddies.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.