Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Toddlers in Kyle Field

15,183 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BMX Bandit
champagnepapi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I plan on bringing my kid to a game in November. Age: 10 months in NOV.

I'm hoping for a 11am game. I don't see us staying for a game that begins at 6pm.

Any experience out there?
BeastmodeAg
AG
Leave at home.. for everyone's sake
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Panama Red
AG
10 months is considered a toddler now?

And why do you want to do this?
rollingwoodaggie
10 months....a toddler!
Fonzie Scheme
AG
champagnepapi
You guys are extremely helpful! Thanks!

Baby = 0 - 1 year (Sometimes called "Infant" in other sources) Toddler = 1 - 3 years (Some still consider young toddlers to be 'babies') Preschooler = 3 - 5 years. Gradeschooler = 5 - 12 years
AFDave13
AG
Buy tickets that are as cheap as possible (like UTSA or something) and in the shade. The cheap tickets will be handy since you'll probably end up leaving shortly after or during halftime (at least that's my past experience when folks bring small children).
TyHolden
AG
quote:
You guys are extremely helpful! Thanks!

Baby = 0 - 1 year (Sometimes called "Infant" in other sources) Toddler = 1 - 3 years (Some still consider young toddlers to be 'babies') Preschooler = 3 - 5 years. Gradeschooler = 5 - 12 years
12-18 worthless
millertyme
AG
10 month old, so still takes naps. 11 am game, so full sun on all parts of the stadium. Yeah, this will end well for the OP and the 50ish people that have the good fortune of sitting in the vicinity of him!
Kyle04
AG
Hold off until they are 6 or older. You'll regret every moment if you take a 10 month old. I've been there
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

i can think of many reasons not to

a. they won't remember it
b. you won't get to enjoy the game
c. often infants disturb those around you
d. you'll likely end up leaving early
e. you have to pay FULL PRICE for an infant that will either be upset, tired, hungry, pooping, or sleeping the entire time
f. exposing your child to possible heat exhaustion or sunburn

so...can you list the positive reasons to bring an infant?

i first took my kids when they were 5 or 6 and even then it was more work than fun. but at least they remembered it and i saw most of the game. by the 4th quarter they were restless though - spent the latter part of the game behind the old south bleachers on the grass lawn area as they ran around and i watched on the screen.
Westi
AG
Such a terrible idea for you, the "toddler", and everyone around you. Just wait until he or she is older.
JA83
AG
This reminds me of the self-absorbed parents who use any excuse to bring infants and toddlers to Disney World. The kids get miserable after an hour or so, they certainly won't remember a d*** thing, and the drama that ensues for mommy, daddy, and all bystanders is just painful.

Keep the kid at home (or at Grandma's) until he/she is about seven and can actually comprehend something, and save yourself the embarrassment and financial loss.
Aftermath
AG
Bring them! they are your tickets! I brought all 3 of my boys from the time they were a year old or so. They love the memories almost as much as I do. They can't be more of a distraction than a rude, drunk, smelly, college kid...and Lord knows that there will be a few thousand of those
wbt5845
AG
Honest question - WHY would you want to bring a 10 month old to a game? There is no aspect of the game they will enjoy - there is no aspect they will remember - there are no good memories the two of you will remember.

If this is your first child and you just think it'd be red-ass to "START 'EM OFF RIGHT" - well, don't.
Yell Practice
Suggestion -- Do not bring a 10 month old to the game. There will plenty of time later, IMO.
Chickenhawk
These threads pop up every year, and the answer is always the same. If you wanna deal with a baby at a game, that's on you. Don't ***** about loud, drunk fans being around. It's a football game for ****'s sake.

If you don't want to end up having to leave the game early bc of said baby, stay home in comfort.

That being said, I wouldn't do it until my kid was at least 3 or 4. Stay home in the ac, where you and the baby can be comfortable.

Jesus, how do you people without common sense continue to procreate?
texasaggie84
AG
Too young! Do not subject the child or yourself to that.
Aggie
AG
quote:
Honest question - WHY would you want to bring a 10 month old to a game? There is no aspect of the game they will enjoy - there is no aspect they will remember - there are no good memories the two of you will remember.

If this is your first child and you just think it'd be red-ass to "START 'EM OFF RIGHT" - well, don't.

That's your answer.
The parents just want to be those parents that say " yep my boy has been tending Aggie football games since he was 10 months old... I raised em right"

Get over it.. Nobody cares

My son was 7 his first game and not once have I thought " damn I should of took him sooner"
ksAG4
We took an 11 month old to a game last year because of plans and circumstances changing last second. While it's not something I would recommend, it wasn't that bad.

He enjoyed March In, the intro with fireworks and music, and the noise. He enjoyed the band at halftime and actually napped on my lap through the entire 3rd quarter. (So if the question ever gets asked how boring the 2015 offense was, the answer is enough to put a baby to sleep.) The people around him laughed, talked, and waved to him, and being that it was Kyler Murray at QB and Western Carolina as the opponent, we were restless and ready to leave long before him.

I don't expect these memories to stay with him any more than a 1st birthday or celebrating his first Christmas or Halloween that year, so people using that reasoning seems a little silly. I'm guessing the people answering negatively either don't have a lot of experience with kids, or the ones they do have experience with were little ****s.
greg.w.h
AG
Long sleeves and legs, floppy hat, sunscreen too that is appropriate for babies. Appropriate, clear bag (12x12x6 inches) for supplies. Seat for child so you can set him/her down (should have good canopy cover to pull over especially if fussy with too much on like that hat.). Would recommend sound blocker ear muffs. If they're used to walking, will want to be put down and then can't see and will want to be picked up. If with friends / family realize that especially introverted-leaning babies actually will wear out around people and not want to get passed around.

Might practice during fall youth or high school games just to get a sense of the logistics.

All this assumes you're not trolling like you usually do.
Wildcat
AG
I thought this thread was going to be about playing the sips, since they are so young.
Bonfire96
AG
quote:
This reminds me of the self-absorbed parents who use any excuse to bring infants and toddlers to Disney World. The kids get miserable after an hour or so, they certainly won't remember a d*** thing, and the drama that ensues for mommy, daddy, and all bystanders is just painful.

Keep the kid at home (or at Grandma's) until he/she is about seven and can actually comprehend something, and save yourself the embarrassment and financial loss.
This. If you must bring a kid, much less THAT young, just go watch the game at the Clayton Williams Center.
ksAG4
Probably more like twice. I don't know what's worse, you counting on all fingers and toes to determine my child's age, or concluding that this was the best response after working that hard. Based on your response, and your post count over three years, I'll file you in the camp of no experience with kids. Or sunlight. Or vagina.
Aftermath
AG
quote:
Probably more like twice. I don't know what's worse, you counting on all fingers and toes to determine my child's age, or concluding that this was the best response after working that hard. Based on your response, and your post count over three years, I'll file you in the camp of no experience with kids. Or sunlight. Or vagina.
This!! Lots of advice from Kids about kids!! Ha!
Al Bula
AG
Y'all bit hard on this troll.
atx_aggie12
AG
I think a lot of it depends on your child. I took my son to the South Carolina game last year when he was 9 months old. He did just fine. It was not too sunny and parts of the stadium were empty so we sat there to no disturb anyone around us. We had a great time. He might not remember the game but I do and I enjoyed sharing aggie football with my son right from the start. If you pick the correct game at the correct time I think you will have a great time. We also went into the game at half time. So while it is true that a child that young might not be able to stay the whole game just skip the first half so that you can enjoy the end.
WILDMAN95
AG
I took my (then 2-year old) boys to the Carolina game last fall. It was great. They made it thru the game (slept for parts). They loved it, and still talk about it. Especially halftime and watching the smoke come out of the cannon.
champagnepapi
Thanks guys.
wesag
AG
quote:

Silly comment. You haven't a clue. Often times you bring a young one because the older children are at an age to enjoy it. I'm not even sure what drama you're talking about. Disney is very loud and full of children. The little ones are usually in strollers. So how about you get off their ass.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I thought all Millenials were still children.
AgHawkeye
AG
quote:
Hold off until they are 6 or older. You'll regret every moment if you take a 10 month old. I've been there

My boy was screaming his head off and waving the 12th man towel at 4. It's different for everybody but it makes no sense to bring them before they can enjoy the game. Then pick the night games or games in November. Try to choose non conference less important games because you will have to take breaks during the game and possibly leave early if you don't want to torture them and the people around you.

People who don't have kids don't truly understand but it is an amazing thing to be able to share with your kids. Just have to be smart about it for everybody involved.
Chickenhawk
quote:

I have a severe defect that has left me with an unusual number of fingers and toes. Thanks for being sensitive. Why don't you go ahead and make fun of down syndrome while you're at it.
Chickenhawk
quote:
quote:
This!! Lots of advice from Kids about kids!! Ha!

Hah! You really know me! Except I'm no kid, and I have a kid. So I had sex like at least once.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.