Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas Lifestyle Gear from Aggie Owned REPUBLIC BRAND

7,704 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RepublicBrand
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
From TexAgs Sponsor Republic Brand:

Republic Brand - Made in Aggieland
My husband, Kyle Greenwood '92, is using his gift for military product design to create a new line of "Texas Lifestyle" products made with high quality U.S. MIL-SPEC materials. This includes bow cases, AR cases, luggage and bag lines, John Deere Gator(TM) seat covers, doors and gun racks. After approaching GameGuard, the "Official Camo of Texas", we are integrating this camouflage pattern as part of our unique product line. Republic Brand will begin taking pre-orders June 1st for its initial product offering with additional products launching throughout the summer and fall.

Make sure to watch our Facebook live show Wednesdays at 5:30 CST at www.facebook.com/republicbrand and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. For ATV and UTV owners, go visit www.blackmountainat.com as well!

Our Manufacturing History
In 2004, a deploying Aggie Corps buddy asked Kyle, Company S-2, to make a HMMWV (Humvee) turret seat to sit in for the 10+ hour convoys across Iraq. Kyle accepted the challenge and invented the "Cooper Sling" to let his buddy test at Fort Hood. Other gunners came to watch and soon wanted to trade in their thin seatbelt type straps for Kyle's improved version.

Fast forward to 2009 and we had successfully designed, produced and supplied ballistic blankets to the entire fleet of Marine Corps LAVs (Light Armored Vehicles). The Marine Corps MRAP (Mine Resistant Ambush Protected) vehicles were being urgently manufactured by the hundreds every month and flown into Iraq. Our seat and restraint system and proprietary energy-attenuating gunner platforms were going with them. BMI Defense Systems became the world's leading authority on gunner turret protection for ground vehicles and still is today. This success allowed BMI Defense Systems to earn the number 2 position for the 7th Annual Aggie 100 in 2011.

Gig'em & God Bless!

Beverly Greenwood '98
bgreenwood@republicbrand.com

Memphis 7
Edit: navy camo?
BaileyAg
AG
That gear looks awesome
RepublicBrand
AG
quote:
Edit: navy camo?
Are you referring to the photo above with the gunner in the sling? If so, that is not Navy camo. Although we have done work for the Navy over the years. We are honored to make high quality military grade products for every branch of the US Military.
RepublicBrand
AG
quote:
That gear looks awesome
Thank you BaileyAg! We have truly been blessed with our team of engineers and production staff. Their hard work and dedication have made this dream possible.
Matsui
AG
Texas lifestyle = camo?
sawedoff woodman
That's a great history.
EVA3
AG
They have non-camo items as well.

I know these folks and they are good people.
EVA3
AG
And I have seen the gear. It's top notch.
RepublicBrand
AG
quote:
Texas lifestyle = camo?
We make our bags and totes in other 500D Cordura colors that are not camo.
RepublicBrand
AG
McAllen area Ags, come to see us at booth 158 at the Texas Hunters & Sportsman's Expo at the McAllen Conference Center. We are open until 9pm tonight, then Saturday July 23rd 10am-7pm and Sunday July 24th 11am-6pm.
Mention you heard about it on TexAgs and receive 10% off your show purchase!
We have Bill '91, Jim '91 and Kyle '92 there to help you out!
[img]<a href=[/img]" />
Speedystooth
AG
That fart saddle come with quick release?
RepublicBrand
AG
Howdy child of Dave,
Ha ha, yes indeed. The picture you are seeing on the original post is one of the first models that was built for the Humvee. The later models for the MRAP had a few more safety features and additional quick releases (yellow pull straps) that were requested by the military. It is still a popular item along with our other turret gunner products and several vehicles have written requirements for them.
When it first went into theatre with the guys and gals from Fort Hood, it was called The Cooper Sling named after my late father, Pat D Cooper '64. The gunners quickly nicknamed it the "battle saddle" and that became a fun slogan for us. We would get pictures of torn up humvees and thank you letters saying the "battle saddle" saved their life. It doesn't quite have the same ring to it saying the "fart saddle" saved my life.
Enjoy your weekend! Gig'em, Bev

[img]<a href=[/img]" />
Sponsor Message | Republic Brand. The Texas Lifestyle Company. Made in Aggieland by Aggies. |
RepublicBrand
AG
Ags, come see us in Houston this weekend!
[img]<a href=[/img]
Tyrone_The_Tuna
Federale01
AG
I will remember y'all come Christmas time.
RepublicBrand
AG
We will have Christmas specials in November on Texags! Keep an eye out!
Miles711
AG
I'll stop by the booth this weekend and check it out!

Looks like good stuff. I'll have to check out the shell pouches. If you guys made a discrete compact bag that held a broken down SBR (10.3-12" range) + mag I'd be first in line to pick one up.
RepublicBrand
AG
Come talk to us about it and tell us your idea! We love making new things from great ideas!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.