Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

SIAP - Per Twitter, Baylor AD McCaw (sp.?) Resigns

5,471 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by p-wonk01
Luke The Drifter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nm
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Luke The Drifter
AG
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/15834890/baylor-bears-hire-jim-grobe-interim-coach

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

So that already puts the nail in the interim head coaches coffin....the new AD will want his guy. Period.

And that won't help recruiting - the entire BDF will recruit negatively (including the allegations and penalties of course but also about the interim status and the new AD and coaching change).

they just killed their FB program for 5+ years at least.

Luke The Drifter
AG
quote:

So that already puts the nail in the interim head coaches coffin....the new AD will want his guy. Period.

And that won't help recruiting - the entire BDF will recruit negatively (including the allegations and penalties of course but also about the interim status and the new AD and coaching change).

...and I'm OK with all of that.

Spyderman
AG
quote:

Shooz in Katy
AG
Seems to be a smart move IMO.
FtBendTxAg
AG
This is the weirdest **** ever. And I love it. What a blow to the worst institution in Texas.
Kemo Sabe
Starr demoted, Mccaw gone, briles gone. Who is running the show over there? Who hired Grobe and does he still have a job if it was Mccaw? I thought Bennett was the interim HC? Now Grobe is on the scene. Wow what a flustercuck they have over there. Damn the branch Dravidian compound held up longer than the Baylor athletic department.
BMX Bandit
I don't think this has any effect on Grobes long-term future at Baylor. The chances of him coaching past 2016 were already very small.

And at power five schools (and I use that term very loosely with Baylor) the AD has very little power over hiring and firing the football coach
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I just can't imagine that with as hard as it's going to be to get a coach there in the first place that they get rid of a coach who accepted, and by all accounts is renowned for building character within his team.

But then again, some AD's are egotistical aholes, so you never know.
Joe Exotic
AG
Because the culture that led to the issue is still there. The school wants to win at all costs. When it's all said and done their fans would rather win with Briles' rapists then lose with Grobes' choir boys.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
So you think they are gonna fire Grobes?
Joe Exotic
AG
He's been hired as an "acting" head coach. You tell me what that means.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
quote:
This is the weirdest **** ever. And I love it. What a blow to the worst institution in Texas.
Sorry to disagree, but the mental institution in Austin will always be the worst in Texas.
RAB83
AG
quote:
Starr demoted, Mccaw gone, briles gone. Who is running the show over there? Who hired Grobe and does he still have a job if it was Mccaw? I thought Bennett was the interim HC? Now Grobe is on the scene. Wow what a flustercuck they have over there. Damn the branch Dravidian compound held up longer than the Baylor athletic department.
Wonder if that's some kind of record for the shortest coaching tenure in history? Bennett didn't even make it a week.
Luke The Drifter
AG
quote:
quote:
Wonder if that's some kind of record for the shortest coaching tenure in history? Bennett didn't even make it a week.
George O'Leary at Notre Dame and Mike Price at Alabama at least have to be in the conversation for shortest tenure.

Hello Newman
quote:
Your boy really did his homework, Fox. And you'll have the shortest executive career since that Pope that got poisoned.

R E L
AG

Grobe will be a 1 year stop gap like John L Smith at Arkansas...get ready for some fun post games.

p-wonk01
AG
quote:
And that won't help recruiting - the entire BDF will recruit negatively

Oh the irony
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.