Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jim Grobe new Baylor coach?

5,136 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ulrich
Dr Lane Trowlan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dr Lane Trowlan
Former Wake Forest coach just announced on ESPN ticker
AgLaw02
AG
Lol
Ishmael-Ag
AG
No he was named new interim head coach a week after Bennett was named interim head coach---real classy.
blumpkin
AG
It means the rest of Briles staff is toast. Your "classy" comment is stupid.
thebubbaisin
AG
quote:
It means the rest of Briles staff is toast. Your "classy" comment is stupid.
You're ignorance, as usual, is obvious. Grant Teaff says the staff is staying in place. Bears get to look like they are cleaning up without taking out the rest of the trash.
Citizen Reign
quote:
No he was named new interim head coach a week after Bennett was named interim head coach---real classy.
The fact that all members of the staff still have not been let go says all you need to know about that University.
arthur chapa
He should bring in a total new staff..Briles's son should also be gone.
ffco
You're ignorance, as usual, is obvious.

This is kinda funny.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
More like Jim Grope, amirite?
Frisco - Ag
AG
Fail
AgLaw02
AG
The current coaching staff obviously needs to be replaced. I think Baylol is keeping them around just long enough to entice the class of '16 to show up.
fieldtrailer
AG
That coach went thru the same type of sex assault scandal at WF. I don't think he denied any of it. Just was HC when players got in trouble. Not sure exact details. The new coach will be able to answer questions and handle situations that comes from NCAA. Baylor admin will be asking him what did he do at WF.

Pretty ballsy for Baylor to hire a coach that has same assault issues at previous school.
NCTX
quote:
That coach went thru the same type of sex assault scandal at WF. I don't think he denied any of it. Just was HC when players got in trouble. Not sure exact details. The new coach will be able to answer questions and handle situations that comes from NCAA. Baylor admin will be asking him what did he do at WF.

Pretty ballsy for Baylor to hire a coach that has same assault issues at previous school.

As an actual Wake Forest fan, I assure you this is blatantly false.

Our university has never experienced anything remotely like Baylor has, although our AD has made it a mission to drag the basketball program through the mud to justify one of the most incompetent hirings of all time. This might be what you are thinking about, but a he said / she said blowjob does not amount numerous rape convictions.

Not saying Grobe only coached angels, but I would put his record in that regard against any program and any coach.

This will end in disaster though. The offensive staff will certainly revolt against his TOP oriented and stupidly conservative style.
fieldtrailer
AG
quote:
quote:

Our university has never experienced anything remotely like Baylor has, although our AD has made it a mission to drag the basketball program through the mud to justify one of the most incompetent hirings of all time. This might be what you are thinking about, but a he said / she said blowjob does not amount numerous rape convictions.

Not saying Grobe only coached angels, but I would put his record in that regard against any program and any coach.

This will end in disaster though. The offensive staff will certainly revolt against his TOP oriented and stupidly conservative style.
I stand behind my comments. He recruited kids without regard to character. The only difference is he didn't allow it to go on (once they committed the crimes and got caught). For a program in trouble like Baylor, crazy to hire a coach that has had (I think 2005) sexual assault issues while they were the HC.
NCTX
quote:
quote:
quote:

I stand behind my comments. He recruited kids without regard to character. The only difference is he didn't allow it to go on (once they committed the crimes and got caught). For a program in trouble like Baylor, crazy to hire a coach that has had (I think 2005) sexual assault issues while they were the HC.
Link? Because all I can find when I search 2005 Wake Forest sexual assualt is this: http://www.wfu.edu/wfunews/2005/103105a.html

ETA: Actually, I found it. Looking for the actual article versus a quote from a message board.
NCTX
No article that actually links the four players to anything, just a random NCSU message board post linking an investigation into a sexual assault by four Wake Forest students (handed over to the city almost immediately after opened by the university police) to the suspension of four players, two of whom played the following year (the other two were seniors). So not like Briles at all.
Ulrich
Grobe is a mediocre coach but the kind of PERSON Baylor needs to hire... and should have hired a year ago when all this first started to leak. He's an atrocious offensive coach, solid defensive coach, and AFAIK has always been an upstanding citizen.
Oilfield Aggie12
Kendall Briles should be able to soften the blow a little on offense. Captain Obvious here, I think Kendall and about half the staff will be gone after the season. Too late to let go of some of the coaches involved even though its the right thing to do. More or less has something to do with their contract if i had to guess. Solid hire by Baylor though, like someone previously stated ( ^^^^) its the type of person they need to get through this season.
ashley
quote:
Grobe is a mediocre coach but the kind of PERSON Baylor needs to hire... and should have hired a year ago when all this first started to leak. He's an atrocious offensive coach, solid defensive coach, and AFAIK has always been an upstanding citizen.

Now how in the hell would you know that.
Ulrich
quote:
quote:

Now how in the hell would you know that.

I know people at Wake Forest. Sorry if I stepped on your toes as the self-proclaimed expert on everything ever said, done, or thought by any coach at any level anywhere.
ashley
Just wondering how you knew. Now I know you heard it from your expert football friends so now your an offensive guru.
Ulrich
quote:
Just wondering how you knew. Now I know you heard it from your expert football friends so now your an offensive guru.

What is your problem? Why do you consider it so important to s*** all over any discussion of coaching? You don't add anything to the discussion, so why speak at all?

I also watched Grobe's offenses. Years into his tenure, even after the conference title, they were atrocious. He's a bad offensive coach. This is incredibly old news, so old that it's not even the part of the post I thought you were complaining about. I figured you assumed that I knew nothing about Grobe as a person, which is why I mentioned that I've had more awareness of the program than your average Texan.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:

I know people at Wake Forest. Sorry if I stepped on your toes as the self-proclaimed expert on everything ever said, done, or thought by any coach at any level anywhere.

Lol.
ashley
Ulrich, I don't have a problem. I just have an opinion like you.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
But you are a complete ass to anyone with a different opinion. That's why nobody cares what you have to say.
ashley
I just disagree. He never mentioned WF was by far the smallest school in the conference. I just wondered how he knew the guy was a bad offensive coach and he told us he knew WF people. Makes since doesn't it.??
ashley
quote:
But you are a complete ass to anyone with a different opinion. That's why nobody cares what you have to say.

You did.
zipp99
AG
Great hire! Baylor was looking for the man to return them to their heights of the 80's and 90's and they certainly found their guy!
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." (Albert Einstein)

Ulrich
quote:
I just disagree. He never mentioned WF was by far the smallest school in the conference. I just wondered how he knew the guy was a bad offensive coach and he told us he knew WF people. Makes since doesn't it.??

If you had been able to articulate an intelligible criticism of my post I would have been able to respond to it in detail.

Next time try offering a counterpoint or at least a specific point that you disagree with rather than offering up a vague insult and then acting like you've proved something when no one can tell what you're trying to say.
Ulrich
Also, why do you keep responding specifically to me but without using the reply button? It's almost like you don't want to get highlighted on my watchlist so I won't know you responded and you can get the last word.
Ulrich
Thank you for the outsider perspective, by the way. Please disregard our occasional internal squabbles.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.