Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Football Record

5,273 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by OldArmy91
Pylon Cam
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If we start out 5-1 or better AND that one loss is not to Tennessee, we should at least win the conference. If we beat Tennessee, there will be no skid this season. Edit: This is the last part of the prophecy I posted about, so I wouldn't recommend dissing it.
FriendlyAg
Ok
TexanJeff
AG
Dully Noted!
FtBendTxAg
AG
Here's some advice. We're not winning the west this year. The earlier you process this, the less you will be disappointed when we finish 5/6th in the west.
ClassOf17
Too bad that hasn't been the case. We'd have two titles by now
Triad
AG
You must have had a hot cup of dumb ass this morning.
FtBendTxAg
AG
quote:

Apparently it now comes in k-cups
chipotle
Koolaid starting early this year
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

so....with @Bama, @MSU, Ole Miss, and LSU still to play you think we have it wrapped up.

ummmmmmm......ok.
FtBendTxAg
AG
quote:
Koolaid starting early this year

I feel like this is late onset koolaid addiction. Usually it starts at the beginning of spring/spring game, or first interview sumlin.
Slwdsm
/revision/latest?cb=20140825203000
Ag Tag
quote:
If we start out 5-1 or better AND that one loss is not to Tennessee, we should at least win the conference. If we beat Tennessee, there will be no skid this season. Edit: This is the last part of the prophecy I posted about, so I wouldn't recommend dissing it.
We will slap the west around with our junk.
STX Ag
AG
quote:

That's how he always washes down his dumb**** donuts.
agmrpink
AG
I heard that if we win every game this year, we'll be undefeated.
AzAg80
AG
Pretty tall order given that so much hinges on our yet unproven O-Line. Even taking Chavis at his word on a top 15 defense, that only levels the playing field compared to defenses like Bama and LSU. We still have to move the ball on offense.
Aggie2022
I say a 10-3 season. Book it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
Dully Noted!

Is this misspelling intentional?
Oilfield Aggie12
Predicting double digit wins including bowl game.
bluecouchstudios
AG
There are so many unknowns this season I feel like most any scenario is plausible. Winning the SEC? Very, very slim chances.
Flexbone
If our defense is that good, we don't have to have an elite offense to contend for the West. Not at all.
OldArmy91
AG
Ha...more like if we squeak by UCLA, then we may be bowl eligible at the end of the year. If not....oh well.

We will not beat Tennessee.
We will not beat Arkansas.
We will not beat Auburn.
We will not beat Alabama.
We will not beat Ole Miss.
We will not beat LSU.

Probably Josh Rosen will come out hot and we'll get thumped. He'll be the early Heisman favorite and we'll finish 5-7.
Flexbone
quote:
Ha...more like if we squeak by UCLA, then we may be bowl eligible at the end of the year. If not....oh well.

We will not beat Auburn.
We will not beat LSU.

Probably Josh Rosen will come out hot and we'll get thumped. He'll be the early Heisman favorite and we'll finish 5-7.

I'll bet you any amount you name that you're dead wrong.
chipotle
quote:
quote:

We will not beat Auburn.
We will not beat LSU.

escrow or gtfo
Bullet Tooth Tony
quote:
If our defense is that good, we don't have to have an elite offense to contend for the West. Not at all.
If the defense would have been top 15 last year we still lose to bama and ole miss. Auburn and lsu would have still been toss ups. All 4 games the offense was HORRIBLE, and they easily still could have lost all 4 of those. It is a myth that this is some great offense.

I'm not saying the offense will be worse this year, I actually think they will be better because I think Mazzone will be able to control the game better than Spav.

The Oline had arguably more talent in 2015, and miles more experience.
The RBs should be better this year. Much more talent.
The WRs are the same as last year, so that group should be better.
The QBs are less talented, but hopefully better leaders and smarter football players, and could make the unit better in 2016 with consistency.
The OC is more experienced and hopefully is a huge step up from Spav. He needs to be.

It all hinges on the Oline and ability of Mazzone to make the offense more consistently good, not sporadically great.
RAB83
AG
quote:
Pretty tall order given that so much hinges on our yet unproven O-Line. Even taking Chavis at his word on a top 15 defense, that only levels the playing field compared to defenses like Bama and LSU. We still have to move the ball on offense.
Mazzone likes to go fast, which makes it easier on the O-line. Plus, we've got a mobile QB, which helps as well.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
quote:
Here's some advice. We're not winning the west this year. The earlier you process this, the less you will be disappointed when we finish 5/6th in the west.
mcag83
AG
quote:

We will not beat Auburn.
We will not beat LSU.

Old is a funny guy....
12thmanfootball
AG
OP...wager a Poop Slap or GTFO!!!
OldArmy91
AG
quote:
quote:

We will not beat Auburn.
We will not beat LSU.

So Flex, what's your bet? Who gets closer? my 5-7 or 6-6 prediction -vs- your 'win the west' prediction? What are you saying? At least 10 wins?

NAME YOUR PRICE.
Flexbone
quote:
quote:
If the defense would have been top 15 last year we still lose to bama and ole miss. Auburn and lsu would have still been toss ups. All 4 games the offense was HORRIBLE, and they easily still could have lost all 4 of those. It is a myth that this is some great offense.

I'm not saying the offense will be worse this year, I actually think they will be better because I think Mazzone will be able to control the game better than Spav.

The QBs are less talented, but hopefully better leaders and smarter football players, and could make the unit better in 2016 with consistency.
The OC is more experienced and hopefully is a huge step up from Spav. He needs to be.

It all hinges on the Oline and ability of Mazzone to make the offense more consistently good, not sporadically great.
Nobody said the offense was good last year. I simply said the offense doesn't have to be an elite offense with a Top 15-20 defense.
OldArmy91
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nobody said the offense was good last year. I simply said the offense doesn't have to be an elite offense with a Top 15-20 defense.
Waiting.....$$$$$
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.