Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Happy Memorial Day, Aggies!

2,135 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by crimsonblooded
crimsonblooded
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I haven't posted here in a while; some of you may remember our conversations during the time just before you joined the family here in the SEC (it is a family, however dysfunctional it may seem at times). Many of us were happy to see you here, not just because of the tv sets there in Texas.....you are a good fit here. Which brings me to my point: alot of eyes are looking in the direction of Norman right now, even though they don't bring much in terms of market footprint. They have a big legacy and are also cosidered a good fit by many. Don't worry, nobody who matters is taking this up right now, but it looks like it may pick up steam down the road. What do you think?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Hmmmmnn....... Nope.
Quito
AG
Stadium is mostly empty after halftime in several games...grey hairs leave and students go to Campus Corner. The Gameday atmosphere in Norman is pretty bland.

They are a "blue blood" of college football and generally boast great all around athletics. Academically, we could do much worse. I don't want them in the SEC for recruiting purposes, but it would be fun to play them every year. If this happened, sure would be nice to move Bama/Auburn to East, move Mizzou and OU yo west, and do away with permanent "rivals"
crimsonblooded
The rivals thing would probably hang around for a little while, till everyone got used to it.

The grant of rights issue is the biggest thing preventing movement. It will be a while before anything happens, bit things will change, eventually.
Lateralus Ag
AG
If it makes more money for the SEC and the member schools, it should happen. That's the bottom line, and that's what the decision will be based on.

Make no mistake, OU is a national brand that brings a lot of history to the table.
45-70Ag
AG
If and when this were to ever be serious, the biggest obstacle may be osu hanging on to ou's neck
greg.w.h
AG
If Oklahoma is such a strong national brand, why do they need to move?
crimsonblooded
because their conference isn't what it used to be, which is a shame.....there has been and could be some great football there.
dcbowers
AG
Why not two of the following:

UNC
Duke
Virginia
Virginia Tech
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgLaw02
AG
quote:
because their conference isn't what it used to be, which is a shame.....there has been and could be some great football there.
there could be some great football in the Big XII? Really? Other than OU & tu, there's no one in that conference with an elite history/fan base/athletics budget/etc.
Talon2DSO
AG
There is nothing happy about Memorial Day. You wouldn't say "happy celebration of your brothers death!" Would you?
crimsonblooded
Talon,
I am happy to celebrate the freedom that our fallen brothers and sisters have provided us with due to their own blood sacrifice. Not only those that gave it all, but also those who dared and do still dare to serve. I am now and will be forever grateful for their service and sacrifice.

I will remember them any way that I wish, I bet that is the way they would have wanted.
crimsonblooded
bowers,

Somehow I am not all that excited about those that you have mentioned, with the possible exception of VT. Other than that, the addition of tv sets in DC don't mean much if the production on the field doesn't inspire people to tune in. The Carolina teams will not leave the ACC period.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.