Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

There's a weird underworld out there

6,923 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ccolley68
Cancelled
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/texasamaggies/2016/05/29/johnny-manziel-confronted-new-york-rental-car-company-owner-90000-dispute-stemming-april-hit-run

There's a strange underworld out there where rental car owners surround your car demanding payback. This never happens at Enterprise. Perhaps because they hire so many college graduates.
redd38
AG
There's also a weird underworld where people still give a ****.
FtBendTxAg
AG
I mean, forget the fact that we're talking about an 80k vehicle from a small company with unsteady income and inferior insurance compared to one of the nations largest privately owned rent a car super centers with 50,000 locations that specialize in Ford Focuses. Other than that, I can see the relevance.

I joke of course, but enterprise sure does have a unique biZ model. And it works. Hire college graduates, pay them pennies with the promise they'll be a manager one day! (And still make ****)

Sock Puppet
JFF is teaching all of us good life lessons through his actions:

#254 don't rent cars from the mafia and let someone like Josh Gordon drive....

AggieKatie2
AG
Was Johnny the one that rented the vehicle? It never says in the article or the one on the hit-and-run. Are we just talking about him telling the owner something along the lines of, "sorry about my friend, I'll cover the damages" or was he the person who rented the vehicle?
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
quote:
Hire college graduates, pay them pennies with the promise they'll be a manager one day!

I wonder how many former Enterprise "managers-in-training" there are.

I was on a business sales call one day at a location that was located behind an Enterprise car rental office.

There was a young lady, about 21 or 22, "dressed for success" with high heels etc. She was washing and cleaning an apparent rental return.

I thought to myself "that BA in Social Work was really working out well".

Don't slam me, mine is in Journalism and I am sure there are many of my group are former Enterprise "managers-in-training" as well.

Worked horrible hours at slave wages before I saw the light.
Sex Panther
AG
Enterprise has an excellent corporate structure. And they... they give you the tools to be your own boss.
SarcasmAg08
AG
Format MIT right here! Saw the light after a year. I actually liked it though and learned quite a bit..but it also sucked royally most of the time. It was great motivation to get my MBA and work to be where I am now.
coupland boy
AG
quote:
Format MIT right here! Saw the light after a year. I actually liked it though and learned quite a bit..but it also sucked royally most of the time. It was great motivation to get my MBA and work to be where I am now.

Can't tell if you're being genuine or not.
ccolley68
AG
Can't knock Enterprise. How many of the millenials coming out of college lately have anything on their resume to warrant them getting anything more than what Enterprise is offering?

Many companies do the exact same thing, just with less publicity. In my recollection, the first job was the hardest to get, because though I may have worked odd jobs and things in school, I had no 'real' experience. At least Enterprise gives grads a real world, full time job to start building their resume.

When I worked in construction, I was talking with an architect who's firm was looking to hire a new kid out of school. This was maybe 10 years ago, salary for that opening was max $36k/year, nothing but the basic benefits, no bonuses, etc. Obviously the earning potential long term of a licensed architect is very high, but this very reputable commercial construction architecture firm was offering probably less than what Enterprise was at the time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.