Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I think Trevor Knight is better than we know...

10,554 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Urban Ag
Aggie2022
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I know that this is the BDF but wow people are not talking about his running ability as much as I feel they should! I think we have a good one in Trevor, Ags!
CrazyDayDuck
I admit based that I was skeptical of Knight.

However, he was damn good in the Spring game and he will probably will be among the top 4 QBs in the SEC this year.

He's also solid in the locker room, which is significant considering how our QBs have flaked out on us the past couple of years,
Oilfield Aggie12
I believe Trevor Knight will have his best year with us.
LewisChilds
AG
I think his performance will largely depend on the quality of play by the O-line.
RAB83
AG
I feel good about this year. Our D should be nasty - WC level. Jim Turner should have the O line working. We've got the skills people. All we need is a grown up at QB and a grown up running the O and calling plays, which we have!

I haven't verified this, but I read in a football magazine that we would have been 12-1 last year if we could have scored 30+ points each game. Heck, we should manage that this year and give up less on D.

Gimmie that Kool-Aid.
Aggie2022
quote:
I feel good about this year. Our D should be nasty - WC level. Jim Turner should have the O line working. We've got the skills people. All we need is a grown up at QB and a grown up running the O and calling plays, which we have!

I haven't verified this, but I read in a football magazine that we would have been 12-1 last year if we could have scored 30+ points each game. Heck, we should manage that this year and give up less on D.

Gimmie that Kool-Aid.
Geez, that is an impressive stat... And yeah we were still not even top 50 in total defense, which we are now supposed to be top 15. If we can make a jump like that.. I am telling my dad to put money on a natty!

EDIT : I am also assuming that the one loss it to Bama, which scored 49 because of 3 pick 6's... So really, 13-0...
AgDotCom
quote:
Our D should be nasty - WC level.
There will never be another WC. The WC was almost like an offense, moving the line of scrimmage backwards on many occasions and scoring as well.

Offensive holding is allowed in the modern game. It wasn't back then.
Cancelled
AG
He beat bama
Ag pride
AG
Turnovers will be key with knight
FtBendTxAg
AG
Yup. Texags off season is in full swing!!
Mr. Black
quote:
I believe Trevor Knight will have his best year with us.
Agreed.
TxAg76
AG
quote:
Turnovers will be key with knight

Turnovers are key with everyone, on both sides of the ball.
Snap E Tom
WHAT IS HE DOING???? WHY ISN'T HE SLIDING???
Tango Mike
quote:
Holy **** that's the most useless moral victory I've ever seen. That's even worse than the TexAgs "If we had won the games we lost in 2012, we would have won the MNC". So a magazine said that if we had outscored all but one opponent, we would have won all but one game? Neat!
RAB83
AG
quote:
quote:
Holy **** that's the most useless moral victory I've ever seen. That's even worse than the TexAgs "If we had won the games we lost in 2012, we would have won the MNC". So a magazine said that if we had outscored all but one opponent, we would have won all but one game? Neat!
No, it's hope for this season if we can get some solid QB play (not exceptional, just solid) and intelligent play calling.
Ag4coal
quote:

For real. We're well on the road to pumping a for sure natty in a months time. Right on schedule
TyHolden
AG
Katie perry
rocky the dog
AG
Our OL will be fine if the plays are fast and keeps the D on its heels. We have the weapons and a better OC.
ahlongslide
AG
quote:
quote:

For real. We're well on the road to pumping a for sure natty in a months time. Right on schedule

We already know we're going to win the playoffs. Now we just need to figure out if the Super Bowl is within reach.
MD20/20
AG
After the mid-season through February funk, I am allowing myself to drink the koolaid just to keep my sanity.
Mostly Peaceful
The last time we saw Knight in meaningful game action he was 5 for 16, 76 yards, 0 tds, 1 int. In his last start he was 17 for 37, 103 yards, 0 tds, and 3 ints.

Just want to make sure this is clear before national championship bets are made.
chigger
AG
In that video I saw him run fast and hard through many holes.
SilverTongueDevil
quote:
quote:
This is the kind of thing when you read it you get some hope and get a little excited but you never repeat it.

It also reveals just how inept Spav (and to a point) Sumlin were last season.
Ag4coal
quote:
The last time we saw Knight in meaningful game action he was 5 for 16, 76 yards, 0 tds, 1 int. In his last start he was 17 for 37, 103 yards, 0 tds, and 3 ints.

Just want to make sure this is clear before national championship bets are made.

So you're saying he's due!!! Totally our year guys
CrottyKid
AG
He just needs to make safe decisions and let the playmakers do what they do.
oysterbayAG
AG
Trevor will be giving 110 percent, because he wants to get drafted into the NFL in 2017 !!
FrontPorchAg
Dude, everyone not named Texas can run against Iowa st.
turboboost
AG
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the infamous "offseason". I like me some Trevor too but pump the breaks yo! That speed on the defensive side will be a bit faster in this league. That shudder step to evade the d end won't work so well in the SEC either. We'll have to revisit this thread come December 2016.
Bone6
quote:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the infamous "offseason". I like me some Trevor too but pump the breaks yo! That speed on the defensive side will be a bit faster in this league. That shudder step to evade the d end won't work so well in the SEC either. We'll have to revisit this thread come December 2016.
This...
TexasAggiesWin
S
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
I love how the Sooner who made this thought it was necessary to include highlights of Knight running designed pitches to his running backs.
fireinthehole
quote:
quote:
Our D should be nasty - WC level.
There will never be another WC. The WC was almost like an offense, moving the line of scrimmage backwards on many occasions and scoring as well.

Offensive holding is allowed in the modern game. It wasn't back then.

Yes. Legalized holding has completely changed the game in favor of the offense. Fans dig scoring
diehard03
quote:
quote:
quote:
No, it's hope for this season if we can get some solid QB play (not exceptional, just solid) and intelligent play calling.

It's also a fallacy, as all of those games would have developed differently had we scored more points. The opposing team would have done different things.

I think we would have won more games, but it's not an automatic 12-1.
RAB83
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's also a fallacy, as all of those games would have developed differently had we scored more points. The opposing team would have done different things.

I think we would have won more games, but it's not an automatic 12-1.
Granted. But looking forward to this year, our D should be much improved, barring injuries. Our D line will be as good as any in the SEC. Our secondary will be lights out. We're still thin at LB, but the starters are good, healthy, and have another year of S&C.

Our O should be much improved as well. KA probably has more talent than TK (and TK has more talent than KM). Yet, I think the team will play harder for TK than KA or KM. Play calling will be better. Game planning will be better. Running game should improve with Keith Ford. Receiving corps is the best in the SEC. The big question is the O-line, but Jim Turner is back, which should result in better fundamentals and a line that gets better as the season progresses.

Who knows how many games we'll win. I know woulda-coulda-shoulda stats are meaningless, but all in all, I feel a lot better about this team and think we could go 6-2 in SEC play. Could we win the conference? That would require TK playing to his full potential, the O-line jelling, a D that stays healthy, and some favorable bounces of the football. The odds are against it, but it's certainly possible.

I always like our chances in the summer before the season starts and reality sets in.
owenfieldreams
TK has demonstrated 2 problems over the course of his career at OU that will have to improve if he is to have success at A&M. First, he is injury prone. This is why he was limited in terms of run plays called even though we ran a Pistol which is a zone-read offense. When you won't let your QB run in an option read you have a problem. Second, he is incredibly inconsistent. When he is on he's phenomenal but w b end he's off, he's a turnover machine. Great kid and great leader. Wish nothing but the best for him.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.