Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Your move Sumlin

18,224 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by S.A. Aggie
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Basketball and Baseball have both made it to the conference championship game this year.
Nice Guy Eddie
AG
Yep
TyHolden
AG
15 million reasons why this is funny
FrontPorchAg
quote:
15 million reasons why this isn't funny
zephyr88
AG
and Childress doesn't even have a helicopter.
Speedystooth
AG
Kevin will have to pick the mike up off the floor....
Classof19
AG
I didn't like the interview that was released of Sumlin. He said that they still wanted to grow and that there was a sense of urgency, but he sounded like he was too content with what is going on. He focused on his accomplishments too much.
Spyderman
AG
quote:
Kevin will have to pick the mike up off the floor....
Nice Guy Eddie
AG
He's being defensive, trying to sound like it's all SOP. He knows it's put up or shut up time though....he knows where he's at.
jja79
AG
Don't interrupt his vacation.
Ozamataz Buckshank
Spica
AG
quote:

Or a pool boy.
Bobaloo
Rob has been here for a long time. Great facilities and excellent fan base. He's finally getting us right. BK is BK. Only took him 5 years to have a legit team.
bmorris332
AG
It was not that long ago that many on this site that wanted both of them fired. It seems waiting worked best in both cases. I read that it took John Wooden 15 years before his Championships run. I for one am getting tired of fire the coach from a lot of people that have never run any kind of athletic program. How about enjoying what we have and not act like some sip wanna a be's.
ShaggySLC
quote:
Rob has been here for a long time. Great facilities and excellent fan base. He's finally getting us right. BK is BK. Only took him 5 years to have a legit team.
Rob needs a left field lounge and right field bleachers!
Ragoo
AG
quote:
finally getting us right?
Al Bula
AG
quote:
Rob has been here for a long time. Great facilities and excellent fan base. He's finally getting us right.
wat
Shooz in Katy
AG
Winter is coming. And we'll be SEC champs in football. Bookmark it.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
quote:
I for one am getting tired of fire the coach from a lot of people that have never run any kind of athletic program. How about enjoying what we have and not act like some sip wanna a be's.

I agree in part, but it goes both ways. If Sumlin has back to back 11 win seasons do you think he stays at A&M or bolts to the NFL. If you think he'd bolt, why ride out under performance until he does.
TyHolden
AG
quote:
quote:
I for one am getting tired of fire the coach from a lot of people that have never run any kind of athletic program. How about enjoying what we have and not act like some sip wanna a be's.

I agree in part, but it goes both ways. If Sumlin has back to back 11 win seasons do you think he stays at A&M or bolts to the NFL. If you think he'd bolt, why ride out under performance until he does.

Make sure shief stays
Maroonblood32
Oh look....another thread calling out Sumlin. I bet he's read it.
BowhunterAg83
AG
At least he has finally admitted the offensive system he was running does not work on the SEC. They only reason it worked with Manziel- he was our 1000 yd rusher that did that on passing plays.

Turner and Mazzone are much better football coaches. Turner is real!

It just took us too long to realize below average coaching, poor system, smaller players do not work in the SEC.

He said we have been recruiting bigger players the last two years in order to adapt to the sec ( records do not indicate that )

Turner and Chavis are attracting Great recruits. A few more staff changes and a continued improvement in recruiting is much better than firing Sumlin and starting over.

Jugstore Cowboy
AG

quote:
How about enjoying what we have and not act like some sip wanna a be's.

I hope your hands get caught in the thresher before you post this inane nonsense again.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
It was not that long ago that many on this site that wanted both of them fired. It seems waiting worked best in both cases. I read that it took John Wooden 15 years before his Championships run. I for one am getting tired of fire the coach from a lot of people that have never run any kind of athletic program. How about enjoying what we have and not act like some sip wanna a be's.
Kevin Sumlin

11-2 6-2

9-4 4-4

8-5 4-4

8-5 4-4

money well spent.

in business we call that failing when revenues (wins, here) continually decrease over time.

It does not take someone to have coached football to see that there is a problem.
BowhunterAg83
AG
When we joined the SEC West, people that KNOW football figured we would get stomped! That is one reason Sumlin had a difficult time assembling a good staff.

Manziel changed our expectations.

Once Manziel left, we were starting from scratch. Took a few yrs to figure out you can not out recruit poor coaching and offensive systems.

Great position coaches are critical!

This process will take a while unless we start paying like ol miss ....
AgsMyDude
AG
Bring in Chad Morris or Herman and keep Chief.
William Larue Weller
AG
quote:
quote:

Or a pool boy.

Or a 19 inch cobra
Spiritofaggieland
AG
Getting to the SEC championship would be easier if Bama wasn't in the West.
William Larue Weller
AG
quote:
Getting to the SEC championship would be easier if Bama wasn't in the West.

Captain obvious reporting for duty
ClassOf17
Well now one could argue we won the sec in both baseball and basketball in the same year
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Well now one could argue we won't the sec in both baseball and basketball in the same year
then where will we?
BowhunterAg83
AG
quote:
Bring in Chad Morris or Herman and keep Chief.
Herman would be great for a head coach as long as we did not lose Turner, Chief and whoever he wanted to keep.
I bet Sumlin stays and we continue to upgrade the staff. We have to change our recruiting tactics to get in the top tier of the SEC.

ClassOf17
quote:
quote:
Well now one could argue we won't the sec in both baseball and basketball in the same year
then where will we?

My bad lol
KJN86
AG
What a novel thought. Call out Sumlin on TexAgs. Nobody has ever thought of this before. 3 more months of this drivel before football seasons. Sigh!
dreyOO
quote:
Once Manziel left, we were starting from scratch. Took a few yrs to figure out you can not out recruit poor coaching and offensive systems.

Great position coaches are critical!

This process will take a while unless we start paying like ol miss ....
I appreciate your posts and perspectives, but the bolded part is just unacceptable. Hell no it doesn't take a couple of years to figure out something this basic. It was also ridiculous to hand over the reigns of our offense to an underqualified kid that simply doesn't have the experience. BJ Anderson was never qualified and you could see the OL regressing each year.

Sumlin has made some seriously bumbling hires. Looks like he's sorting it out now, but he deserves all the heat he has received.

Chavis has been a blessing. So credit is due there. But I really think we need to thank Joe Alleva for being a true dumbass more than anything else.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.