Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kendall Briles retained as OC

11,768 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 91AggieLawyer
ramirez78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They should be fairly good this year, same players and play calling.
astros4545
AG
He's got a girls name and his daddy ain't there no more
OilFieldIRI
S
is he still going to be allowed to tape his fingers and wear flat brim caps? I need answers people!!!
redd38
AG
Daddy probably reviewing film with him every night too
Citizen Reign
Baylor will continue to be Baylor.
zephyr88
AG
quote:
He's got a girls name and his daddy ain't there no more
I thought they were talking about his daughter...
Post removed:
by user
Burdizzo
AG
Something tells me they aren't done firing people.
Signel
AG
1. Do you think he stays when the new HC is hired?
2. Do you think his dad will let him stay when he gets his next HC gig at whatever school is desperate enough to hire him?
Joe Exotic
AG
His dad will never coach football on the college level ever again. His boy will be unemployed in December.
Right Rigger
Might be OK this year. Probably beat the sips again. But the next 10 years are going to be Baylol.
DallasAg 94
quote:
His dad will never coach football on the college level ever again. His boy will be unemployed in December.
Based on what?

What has Briles done that Jimbo Fisher hasn't done? And Jimbo Fisher could have a dozen P5 Conference offers in his hand before he even left the FSU campus.

Briles will be rumored to several schools by Thanksgiving and will likely be a HC by Christmas.

He may go to a mid-major initially, but will be back at a P5 before you know it.
Joe Exotic
AG
Fisher didn't orchestrate a mass coverup and intimidate and threaten victims over multiple rapes for multiple players. Fisher also wasn't fired. What Briles did was as bad as Paterno. He is done. It's simply not worth it for any program to take that on. Not to mention the liability it puts on the school if something goes wrong under his watch.
joebobsa
AG
Bayside truth. Briles misdeeds finally catching up with him. Best case D2 school in a few years
KW02
AG
quote:
Fisher didn't orchestrate a mass coverup and intimidate and threaten victims over multiple rapes for multiple players. Fisher also wasn't fired. What Briles did was as bad as Paterno. He is done. It's simply not worth it for any program to take that on. Not to mention the liability it puts on the school if something goes wrong under his watch.
There will no doubt be more firings of the coaching staff. There is no way Briles was the one threatening victims and conducting the internal investigations in the football program. There had to be others involved.
jim 78
AG
Baylor is most likely done. I did enjoy them beating tu!
Amarillo Slim
AG
quote:
How do we know Fisher didn't? I would be very gun shy in attaching my wagon to any moral horse ridden by fisher.
Old Sarge
AG

Baylor may, for this season, retain a few coaches. However, the report mentioned coaches in a plural sense when speaking of the situation.

By this time next year, some coach with a pretty good, not great name, will take the current roster and go from there. Got too much talent assembled for some coach not to try. And it will be a wholesale flip of the staff. Got to cut the ties to this one.

Briles will never see the helm at any program on a major level again.

Starr will be gone too, this time next year.
Harry Stamper
quote:

Baylor didn't beat Texas in their most recent game. And Texas has a .733 historical win percentage over Baylor.

Harry Stamper
quote:
Might be OK this year. Probably beat the sips again. But the next 10 years are going to be Baylol.

See previous comment..
neAGle96
AG
quote:
quote:

Baylor didn't beat Texas in their most recent game. And Texas has a .733 historical win percentage over Baylor.

Get new material because your current stuff sucks.

Baylor played the game with a converted wr at QB, due to injuries to their top 3 qbs, and the game was still close. It's not a stretch to believe the outcome would have been different if the Baylor starter or even his backup was able to play.
Burdizzo
AG
Ohio State won a national championship with a 4th string quarterback. Sometimes you just have to suit up the players you have and play the damn game.
TMartin
The new head coach is going to come in and the first thing he sees is his predecessors son in his staff meetings knowing full well his father hears everything. Recruits know junior needs to get out of Waco and in a few years will probably join his father again at some place like Louisville or Cincinnati. If U of H doesn't get into the Big 12 would it totally surprise you if they take Briles back after Hermann leaves?
91_Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Baylor played the game with a converted wr at QB, due to injuries to their top 3 qbs, and the game was still close. It's not a stretch to believe the outcome would have been different if the Baylor starter or even his backup was able to play.

Texas fans would never believe that a starting QB getting hurt would affect the outcome of a game. No... wait
Joe Exotic
AG
quote:
quote:

In his defense it's hard to keep track of all the sip losses these days.
Amarillo Slim
AG
quote:
The new head coach is going to come in and the first thing he sees is his predecessors son in his staff meetings knowing full well his father hears everything. Recruits know junior needs to get out of Waco and in a few years will probably join his father again at some place like Louisville or Cincinnati. If U of H doesn't get into the Big 12 would it totally surprise you if they take Briles back after Hermann leaves?
I think AB is done in div 1. Sleeping with a subordinate while against most company policies is no where near as vile as turning your back on rape victims and by default facilitating it.
retribution_ag
quote:
While I truly hope this is what happens because I hate Baylol, I must point out that Bayside is not the most reliable poster. If you have read any of his posts on the politics board, he predicted that Trump would never become the nominee. As we now see, that prediction was inaccurate.

Let us hope Bayside proves to be correct this time for the sake of future human decency and that Bayside can regain some credibility.

Briles is a POS.

diablo sandwich
AG
Really... big time HS or non P5 conference
"Give me a diablo sandwich and a Dr. Pepper and make it fast I'm in a #***# hurry" - Buford T. Justice
Amarillo Slim
AG
quote:
quote:
While I truly hope this is what happens because I hate Baylol, I must point out that Bayside is not the most reliable poster. If you have read any of his posts on the politics board, he predicted that Trump would never become the nominee. As we now see, that prediction was inaccurate.

Let us hope Bayside proves to be correct this time for the sake of future human decency and that Bayside can regain some credibility.

Briles is a POS.

Remind us where was bayside during the whole cumin coaching change texags drama?
Stone44
AG
After Briles finds Jesus again---he will be the head coach at the Allen Academy in Bryan.
ashley
I'm hearing Jim Grobe is the new Baylor coach.
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
Fisher didn't orchestrate a mass coverup and intimidate and threaten victims over multiple rapes for multiple players.

That's true -- he didn't have to. The FSU/Tallahassee police and FSU admin did it for him (at least, at it related to Winston). All while ESPN and others did a long yawn.

Baylor has plenty to answer for, and that won't go away. But if the media folks who are harping on them don't also mention FSU, they're blowing hot air. FSU/Winston should STILL be a big story.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.