Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

How Is The New Stadium?

7,693 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by duffelpud
TennesseeVol
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are you satisfied with what you are getting? Hope it goes well.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
The $24 chicken wraps are the best.
Frisco - Ag
AG
Still the best ever built!
Habanero Guero
AG
It's dope. I've never been to Neyland but id say the new Kyle Field is on par with it. My moms side of the family is full of UT fans and grads so here's to hoping I'll be the one laughing at Christmas
Spyderman
zephyr88
AG
It's pretty impressive - especially from the outside.

From the inside it looks like a 30-year renovation jammed in a 2-year timeframe - lots of weird corners and mismatched connections.

PRO:
Lots of seats for the big games.
Giant Jumbotron.

CON:
Lots of empty seats for the not so big games.
Giant Jumbotron.
FtBendTxAg
AG
It cost 3/4 billion dollars. Do you really, honestly have to ask?
FriendlyAg
quote:

2/4, or 1/2 billion for those that don't do math well.
ag2003
AG
I don't remember a game with lots of empty seats last year....did I just miss it?

The premium sitting areas are unreal
agz win
AG
It's one of the best and especially if they fix the sound system and the low number of home wins vs SEC opponents.
Jack Cheese
AG
quote:
It's one of the best and especially if they fix the sound system and the low number of home wins vs SEC opponents.

Tennessee will help us with that this year.
aggiedent
AG
It decommitted and has now self identified as a woman's soccer stadium.
blumpkin
AG
Haven't been and have no plans to go on
account of the hotel ripoff.
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
agz win
AG
quote:

Two night minimum?
Not all of them have that requirement.
FtBendTxAg
AG
quote:
quote:

2/4, or 1/2 billion for those that don't do math well.

Snap, i thought it was 750. Shows how apathetic and ignorant I've become. Some would argue that I have always been ignorant and apathetic however.
mgreen
quote:
There is a glut of hotel rooms with six more under construction now so you may reconsider.
Texags is garbage
We have strippers.
Bigballin
AG
It's hype.
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
quote:
There is a glut of hotel rooms with six more under construction now so you may reconsider.
He may be griping about price as well. No matter how many they construct, prices will go up 200-250% for game day weekends. Which is still nothing to gripe about. That's everywhere in the world that something of importance is going on.
fightinag
I had season tickets for years...Unfortunatley
the Aggies have priced this retired firefighter out of ever seeing a game in person there
Slwdsm
quote:
quote:
quote:
He may be griping about price as well. No matter how many they construct, prices will go up 200-250% for game day weekends. Which is still nothing to gripe about. That's everywhere in the world that something of importance is going on.

The real question is how long he's been abstaining do to hotel rooms? The story was the same in the early 90s (and likely before)... time to find another way or just stop whining.
mgreen
quote:
the Aggies have priced this retired firefighter out of ever seeing a game in person there
This is a cop out. Season tickets have never been more affordable. Since the renobation you can get south end zone seats for less than $100 donation.
ahlongslide
AG
Fireman cop out, nice.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
Are you satisfied with what you are getting? Hope it goes well.
nope. But I don't donate enough so my opinion doesn't matter, and I am okay with that.
zephyr88
AG
quote:
quote:
This is a cop out. Season tickets have never been more affordable. Since the renobation you can get south end zone seats for less than $100 donation.

The view from the upper half of either end zone is definitely not worth the tmf shake-down. At the end of the day, the end zone is still the end zone.
Pylon Cam
AG
Loud, aesthetically pleasing, largest in the sec, does not sway, and intimidating are words (or phrases) I would use to describe Kyle
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
Loud, aesthetically pleasing, largest in the sec, does not sway, and intimidating are words (or phrases) I would use to describe Kyle

It just needs to be bathed in SEC blood that is not our own, then it'll be perfect.
Shooz in Katy
AG
It's awesome except for the $14 crap on a stick. Levy sucks. It is an awesome stadium. Especially the premium seats.
The Agly Duckling
quote:
quote:

UT's gonna be tough next year.
redd38
AG
quote:
quote:

Used to be able to get endzone tickets without a donation, no?
chipotle
quote:
quote:

More like a firefighter out.....LMAO.....eh

But seriously, back in '08 I got my season tickets for 200 each (bleacher ftw). You can't get a season ticket at kyle for less than 490 and a Sherpa rental.

Equal time for affordability though you can get crap seats for the crap games for way less than face on flashseats.
AgEngineer72
AG

TNVol-

Kyle Field is awesome as is Neyland- been in both. Ignore the whining and griping on here.
Had an opportunity to go to grad school at UTK in the late 90s and lived in Knoxville for 4 seasons. Was there when the upper deck was added to Neyland and went to games before and after. Heard the same whining about ticket prices, donation levels, availability of season tickets, bad restrooms, concessions stands, etc. So you know the drill on griping. No matter how much something is upgraded the gripers come out. Go to Kyle Field and have a great time.
Ag Tag
quote:
quote:
quote:

UT's gonna be tough next year.
We will slap them around with our junk.
BMX Bandit
Difficult spot for the Vols. Play big games against longtime rivals Florida & Georgia. Then Travel to little ole college station right before Alabama.

Ackbar written all over it.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.